Forster

Edmonton Saint

• 2 weeks later...

Time to cash in on him. At this rate we soon won't be able to give him away. He can't stop penalties, makes Boruc look class, Glad Southgate got to see the real Forster today.

Need to recall Gazzaniga who was doing alright last season.

Anyone got a video of his calamity? Can't get it on Sky fir some reason.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

OK. Got it now. Truly awful.

Where was he for both the corners leading to the goals, too?

Serious question. Is he carrying an injury?

OK. Got it now. Truly awful.

Where was he for both the corners leading to the goals, too?

Serious question. Is he carrying an injury?

He's never been commanding at corners despite his size. He gets a bit of a let-off with a few things because of the protection he's had in front of him. Not bothered about the mistake today, par for the course really - it happens. For me, it's his all round game which I've never thought was as good as good as some people believe.

I've upgraded my opinion on him though. (Good Champ GK) ;)

Forster has always looked like he has that sort of mistake in him as he just never looks comfortable with the ball at his feet. It's pretty astonishing a premier league footballer and England international can make an error like that to be honest, but it just shows how low the bar is now set for goalkeepers.

Apart from making some incredible saves now and then Forster doesn't do anything else particularly well. Distribution is poor, he's always rooted to his line and he never looks like he is commanding his box. He's one of the biggest keepers in the league but plays like he's 5 ft 8 not 6 ft 7.

I always thought Stek's all round game was much superior but he wasn't capable of making the sort of saves that Forster can. I guess it comes down to what you want from your keeper. If we got offered 20 million or more I wouldn't be disappointed to see Forster sold

Time to cash in on him. At this rate we soon won't be able to give him away. He can't stop penalties, makes Boruc look class, Glad Southgate got to see the real Forster today.

Need to recall Gazzaniga who was doing alright last season.

Boruc was class.

I would argue it's technically the hardest position on the pitch to play. These days you have to be able to kick with either foot, receive back passes sometimes of dubious quality, read the game in terms of spotting potential threats on goal, second guess and be ready for poor defensive play, command your area and then be able to cope with a football that could be spinning, wet and moving in the air!! But don't ever make a mistake like any outfield player because your mistake can cost a game. Yep who'd be a goalie?

I would argue it's technically the hardest position on the pitch to play. These days you have to be able to kick with either foot, receive back passes sometimes of dubious quality, read the game in terms of spotting potential threats on goal, second guess and be ready for poor defensive play, command your area and then be able to cope with a football that could be spinning, wet and moving in the air!! But don't ever make a mistake like any outfield player because your mistake can cost a game. Yep who'd be a goalie?

And a keeper's mistakes often cost goals with no chance of recovering the error.

If JWP, say, had miskicked like that in midfield, chances are in wouldn't have mattered much.

Forster has always looked like he has that sort of mistake in him as he just never looks comfortable with the ball at his feet. It's pretty astonishing a premier league footballer and England international can make an error like that to be honest, but it just shows how low the bar is now set for goalkeepers.

Apart from making some incredible saves now and then Forster doesn't do anything else particularly well. Distribution is poor, he's always rooted to his line and he never looks like he is commanding his box. He's one of the biggest keepers in the league but plays like he's 5 ft 8 not 6 ft 7.

I always thought Stek's all round game was much superior but he wasn't capable of making the sort of saves that Forster can. I guess it comes down to what you want from your keeper. If we got offered 20 million or more I wouldn't be disappointed to see Forster sold

You think anyone thinks is crazy enough to think hes worth 20 million?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

the first goal was a freak accident that happens every season to a keeper (our this time)

the second goal, he seemed to be rooted to his line...which is very annoying.

A freak accident? He wasn't looking at the ball properly when he went to kick it & missed by a county mile not a freak accident just stupidity

The guy is frozen to his line , he should be towering over everyone to collect the ball from corners etc !

The second goal wasn't his fault? The corner went near post i'm not sure how he's supposed to come and catch that, it then got flicked on by a palace player and deflected off JWP to Tomkins. That was a terrible goal for the team to concede, not Fraser. The first was a freak accident, i did comment to a friend at Arsenal how it was worrying me that he doesn't take a touch when he kicks it even when he can, because it leaves him susceptible to bobbles, but hey it happens. After his injury last season we were worshipping him when he returned with 6 clean sheets, and we've seen just how bad it can be with Stek last season so let's not be too hasty.

A freak accident? He wasn't looking at the ball properly when he went to kick it & missed by a county mile not a freak accident just stupidity

I suppose a county mile is not as bad as a country mile so perhaps a bit of hope there ;)

So our first choice keeper has just made a terrible mistake and might have taken a knock to his confidence? I know, let's drop him!

It's worrying that some of the posters on this forum have children... "Right son, you fell off your bike so I'm selling it ...oh and you're grounded for a month"

From Forster performance today it seems the criticism heaped on him has had a little effect. We'll just have to continue keeping him under pressure and hope he improves.

The vitriol here is laughable- of course he isn't a terrible keeper, he just had a bad game. Get a grip people!

Absolutely agree. Don't rip him apart for this game. Onward and upward, We march on.