Swansea vs Saints: Match Thread & Reaction

Hamilton Saint

The amount of times we are failing to score away from this season is beyond a joke. Pathetic set up again from the manager. You can write this one off already. If we don't sign a CB then Reed fully deserves to feel the full brunt of the fans in my opinion

Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva Marco Silva ... hoping that affirmation comes true

Guessing its Puel`s fault we are slow and ponderous in the final third

Who's is it then? As far as I was aware the manager picks team / tactics. No doubt it wasn't his fault for us putting out the reserves Saturday eh

Is Les there? You think he'd be absent trying to find us a centre back!

I echo what Allardyce said earlier, it's odd having a game on deadline day when managers are keen on strengthening their squads, but then I guess any manager worth his salt would have done his business already.

As for this match - well I guess it can only get better. At least we have Boufal on the bench - I can only assume we'll see him sooner rather than later. I'll take a draw right now if you offered it (even though I think we are good enough to win.)

Who's is it then? As far as I was aware the manager picks team / tactics. No doubt it wasn't his fault for us putting out the reserves Saturday eh

Are you seriously suggesting he tells them to be like that... really?

So when we played with much more purpose and speed against Leicester he told them the opposite :rolleyes:

Our central midfield offers absolutely nothing going forwards. Long works hard but can't hold up the ball or bring other players into the game. Redmond and Tadic have lacked supply and when they do get it they're grnerally forced back away from goal.

Overall, we deserve to lose against a physical side who defend deep and look to score from set pieces and counters, again. I like Puel, but his 4-3-3 tactics simply don't work against this sort of team. We have no creativity through the middle of the park at all and just end up cycling possession from side to side until we cross for either Long, Redmond, Davis or Clasie to try to score against a tall, set defense.

Overall, I think the game could last for a week and we'd still not score.

The performance is solely down to the management and has been all season. Many examples of this all season.

The problems are two fold;

Imbalanced side; lack of defensive cover, asking players to play in roles that they're not suited to and lack of another CDM

Tactics; slow, ponderous play, lacking in imagination etc.

There are players there that are creative footballers, so lacking in imagination shouldn't be a problem if the tactics are correct. Instead, we're relying on individuals to pull something out of the bag to get us through games.... Right out of the de Boer/Mancini school of thinking.

I'm not quite ready to join the Puel out crowd yet. We have played an absurd amount of games which no doubt has had an impact, we are having a mini injury crisis and the recruitment has been below par of late but jesus wept we are frustrating to watch at times this season!

The Tadic/Cedric link up down the right looks decent but we lack anybody to hit in the box from our crosses while nobody in the midfield three drives beyond, or at least gets up with, Long.

Playing keep ball is fine in itself but without direct movement to take advantage of the gaps when they are found it is rather sodding redundant.

Oh well, cup final, new Italian, Boufal back and a second half that cannot be much worse!

No we haven't. Stop making things up.

Why are you so in denial? With the exception of a few games which were a combination of us on a 'good' day and the opposition being absolutely toothless (Arsenal in the cup, Leicester, West Ham, Liverpool games), we have looked absolutely dreadful.

Why are you so in denial? With the exception of a few games which were a combination of us on a 'good' day and the opposition being absolutely toothless (Arsenal in the cup, Leicester, West Ham, Liverpool games), we have looked absolutely dreadful.

Correct. Leicester and Wham were a shambles when we played them, an absolute embarrassment. Turning them over was no achievement.

I happen to agree with him

Why are people so desperate to make excuses for other teams when we play well?

Anyway, I'd say, on our day, we're a very, very good team. But we have been too inconsistent this season, particularly away from home.

It's only half time, there's still 45 minutes for us to turn it around.

Anyway, I'd say, on our day, we're a very, very good team. But we have been too inconsistent this season, particularly away from home.

This

Are you seriously suggesting he tells them to be like that... really?

So when we played with much more purpose and speed against Leicester he told them the opposite :rolleyes:

I have no doubt in my mind that the manager sets the team up to be defensive and to keep the ball.

Fortunately against Leicester we had a number of player who had a good game (Redmond, PEH, JWP) and they (Leicester) are absolute pony.

Unfortunately 'our days' are far to limited.

Sorry mate but we are playing poor. If we play the 2nd half like that it will be 5 defeats in our last 6 pl games. To have a go at people and question their opinions after a run like that is quite frankly unbelievable. Maybe it's time to admit your blind faith is nothing but blind.