Chelsea V Saints match thread

Shroppie

I think we're unlucky to go in behind, but Stephens and Yoshi are very vulnerable against bigger teams, one of the reasons VVD is such a huge miss. Chelsea are still edgy and there's goals in this for us, I'd like to see Tadic off for Redmond, we need to induce challenges from Kante, and he's likely to do something rash.

Our set pieces have been excellent, we just need to stop overplaying at times and remember we have nothing to lose and test the keeper a bit more.

I'd hate to see negativity as we've matched Chelsea who are chasing a title, while we have nothing to play for. Even if we lose, if we gave this sort of effort I can't be angry or negative because Chelsea have so much quality that they can play badly and still hurt teams like in the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday.

Jesus.... pretty good performance undone yet again by our two centre halves in no mans land. Let's just hope les reed doesn't think this is the central defensive partnership for next season. Costa is a diving ****.. should have been booked for that. Need to start mixing it up a bit as costa always on the edge of being sent off

Why were chelsea allowed to have two more goes after Costa was fouling Bertrand there???

I can't understand that, blatant foul on Bertrand shouldn't mean they get a second chance at the corner, it should be a freekick to us. If the ball went out of play then it should be a goal kick to us.

Headlocked and pulled to the ground is a pretty clearcut foul.

Not wanting to defend our central defenders, but we are not closing down the players out wide as quickly as we could. Sometimes Boufal is stood watching them get ready to cross. Needs to learn how to defend as well as attack.

Why don't you want to defend our central defenders?

He's not good enough for the level Saints claim they want to be at. Fine as a 3rd choice for a club like us, but not first choice.

If we wanted to be at the level Saints claim they want to be at we wouldn't keep selling our best players every season !