• Steven Davis
    • Dusan Tadic
    • Nathan Redmond
    • Manolo Gabbiadini
    • James Ward-Prowse
    • Charlie Austin
    • Shane Long
    • Jose Fonte

JWP showing why he should have started. Different side when he came on......Davis ponderous, slow and Romeu did not have a good name as did none of the back line.

Overall a terrible display and why we did not go for it against 10 men I do not know. So who is to blame now Puel is no longer here.

We are so poor in midfield - we had no ideas and Tadic continues to immensely frustrate me as does Redmond. redmond has a ton of quality but he is muscled off the ball and disappears for long stretches which is simply not good enough.

A win is a win - but it was a terrible display truth be told and deeply concerning.

While I think Pellegrino was too slow to make changes the reality is that VVD has let us all down by being a total c**k. It is obvious to anyone that Yoshi and STephens both need a commanding CB next to them.

Finally a win. A much needed confidence boost at a good time.

Shouldn't mask the frailties of this team though as we got out of jail slightly - we look weak in central defence and lack ideas going forward (cross cross cross). Work to be done but happy day.

Whew-

I like our forwards, with Gabbi and Austin (plus Long in case of injury,etc.) - I'd still like to see us give Austin and Gabbi a shot together in a std 4-4-2 though.

I like our mids - we have lots of options and are very deep now

Like Bertrand and Cedric

Don't like our cb's - something needs to happen. Maybe Hoedt will help this. Obviously VVD would.

Bit of a mental game!

We really shouldn't have let them back in to that, especially after a great first half performance. However, lots of positives today - JWP was brilliant when he came on, Lemina looked good after a dodgy start, Gabbi and Austin on the scoresheet.

Bring on next week :)

Not seen any of the post match interviews yet, but I already know that Bilic will be raging about the ref. Lee Mason is usually pretty awful, but the only major decision he got wrong today was not sending off Noble as well.

I don't think he was very wrong today, but I know that if I'd been a WHU supporter I'd be very ****ed off at him :D

My post from the other thread:

Whew-

I like our forwards, with Gabbi and Austin (plus Long in case of injury,etc.) - I'd still like to see us give Austin and Gabbi a shot together in a std 4-4-2 though.

I like our mids - we have lots of options and are very deep now

Like Bertrand and Cedric

Don't like our cb's - something needs to happen. Maybe Hoedt will help this. Obviously VVD would.

entertainment at home!!!

Thought we looked good for the first 50 mins or so

Davis was good, Cedric was decent, Gabbi was very good and JwP was good when he came on

however, swansea and a 10 man west ham at home, we had to get 4 points from that and pretty incredible that we nearly blew it.

as said during the match, Stephens and Yoshida are both very good on the ball but f-me, neither are remotely commanding in the air and we lost so many defensive headers.

however, a win is a win, 3 goals scored at home in an entertaining game

Outeniqua

6c08be27b46319bb583cfaf483b8fcc4.jpg

Looks incredible. Visited South Africa and Mozambique on my honeymoon last year. If you get the chance to visit the Timbavati region, do so. Go and see Stoffel the escaping honey badger! Most of all... enjoy. What an amazing country that is.

We were lucky to win it and a bit thanks to the ref. So glad Super Charlie took the penalty in the end too.

Our defense was shaky today, couldn't deal with the crosses West Ham put in.

I don't know what has happened to Tadic but he's always looking out of form. Time for Boufal.

JWP - those who can't see what he's offering should look at his play today. EVERY ball he put in to the box was spot on and no one in the team can put in crosses like him.

Not seen any of the post match interviews yet, but I already know that Bilic will be raging about the ref. Lee Mason is usually pretty awful, but the only major decision he got wrong today was not sending off Noble as well.

Tadic could have been sent off too, though Noble's challenge was arguably more dangerous. Thought the 2nd pen was pretty cheap (never mind the cross was behind Yoshida) but Zabaleta gave the ref the option.

Can anyone shed any light on our stoppage time penalty? My stream cut out so I switched to Saintsplayer or whatever they call it these days. I threw down my headphones because I couldn't listen anymore. Listened to the actual kick itself though and about 30 people, in a Weatherspoons pub in Plymouth wet themselves when Austin scored...

JWP showing why he should have started. Different side when he came on......Davis ponderous, slow and Romeu did not have a good name as did none of the back line.

Overall a terrible display and why we did not go for it against 10 men I do not know. So who is to blame now Puel is no longer here.

We are so poor in midfield - we had no ideas and Tadic continues to immensely frustrate me as does Redmond. redmond has a ton of quality but he is muscled off the ball and disappears for long stretches which is simply not good enough.

A win is a win - but it was a terrible display truth be told and deeply concerning.

While I think Pellegrino was too slow to make changes the reality is that VVD has let us all down by being a total c**k. It is obvious to anyone that Yoshi and STephens both need a commanding CB next to them.

Been saying the same thing about Redmond and Tadic for months. Both average. Rather see Long starting, at least he grafts.

Start JWP instead of Davis and sort a decent centre back and I think we'll be ok. What were people's thoughts of Lemina?

Lee Mason, haha, who'd have thought it? In fairness I don't think he got many things wrong - except Noble not getting sent off! I haven't seen the replay of the penalty though, even if there was a nudge I'm surprised we got it. If I were a West Ham fan, I might complain about the ref but really I would be taking issue with a silly decision from Zabaleta and an absolutely stupid decision from Arnautovic.

Second game in a row where our general play has been decent, we've looked the 'better' (even if that is an ambiguous term) side, but ultimately we struggle to break down a defensive unit and look shaky as h£ll when the other team puts ball into our box. Did we win a single header today?!

Ward-Prowse's set pieces and general crossing were a threat, improving his claim for a starting place. But at the same time we didn't actually capitalise on anything, because we are crap in the air. A key moment for me was shortly after coming on, JWP got to the right hand side and looked to whip a low ball across the six yard box - Cresswell blocked for a corner, but it could have been dangerous and we also got something from it. Why don't our full backs put more balls in along the ground? A classic example was Bertrand got clear mid way through the second half, into the box, had time to look up and put a ball in... he stopped, played backwards... minutes later a series of backwards passes ended up with Yoshida clipping a straight, easy ball into the box from deep. What's the point?

Plenty of things to improve on, but have to at least be pleased with 4 points from 2 games. Admittedly, neither opposition have looked particularly good, but it's never easy. Reasons to be/stay positive!

Didn't make the extra Man count in second half. First half until they scored I thought we were good.

Hernandez with two poachers goals. JWP deliveries are so good from the right, just need someone committing to get on the end.

Thought Gabi was too deep as the main forward, Redmond and Tadic were often further forward but out wide.