Spurs v Saints Thread

Heisenberg

Surely the club isn't blind to this. Surely? There must be someone there who has an iota of empathy for the feelings of the fans? If not they deserve everything they get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a business and will be made for business reasons. No room for sentiment. The days when football clubs had a real empathy for the fans are becoming few. Having said that, it is still true of the smaller clubs in the lower leagues and non league clubs and it is why some people now watch this level rather than the Premier league.

Alan Smith on SSN regarding MP - 'we're still waiting to see what he's all about as a manager'. I think we already have, and we have seen enough. He needs to go after today, yet I'm sure this will be another narrow defeat to buy himself another game.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

..what is the threshold for MP to be sacked? 4-0? 5?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we'll play so defensive that we will only lose narrowly, but a loss is the only possible result that will occur.

The squad and Manager used to have some ******** and we'd go away to the bigger teams and set-up defensively but show a bit more ambition when we had the ball. These days its not even a free hit against the big teams, its trying to keep the score down and its pathetic.

LOL, Shane Long over Gabbiadini.

Long is absolutely woeful, has been for most of his career yet has got worse this last 18 months and still somehow gets starts.

Shows the weakness of our squad, that whole selection apart from centre mid.

Thats why we are where we are.

Poor Gabbi. Can’t get a game ahead of a striker that hasn’t scored in almost a season’s worth of games and no surprise that Redmond starts yet again. Midfield looks a lot better than v Hudds though.

Agree. Midfield looks good; but Long instead of Gabbiadini is pure Pellegrini nonsense.

He should play Gabbi today & Sat in games we haven’t got a hope of winning so he gets injured and misses the one we could win 2 days later. We have some genius supporters. Long makes perfect sense today, particularly as Gabbi has been nearly as woeful in front of goal this season anyway

He should play Gabbi today & Sat in games we haven’t got a hope of winning so he gets injured and misses the one we could win 2 days later. We have some genius supporters. Long makes perfect sense today, particularly as Gabbi has been nearly as woeful in front of goal this season anyway

Nonsense - Gabbiadini is a better striker than Long every day of the week. On what basis does Long make perfect sense. No goals, no control or touch - just gut running.

So he’s being rested now for two games, having not played regularly in weeks, so he doesn’t risk an injury ahead of the palace clash. Why don’t we rest all our starters? :lol:

Tortured, pal. Tortured reasoning indeed.

Yeah great argument and that but you’re assigning that there is any logic in the selection. I think MP has proved already this season that he doesn’t necessarily pick teams logically.

yeah cos when you are playing a backs to the wall type game you really need one of your outlet players to start running with the ball before losing the bloody thing cheaply.

That's his speciality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, Shane Long over Gabbiadini.

Long is absolutely woeful, has been for most of his career yet has got worse this last 18 months and still somehow gets starts.

Shows the weakness of our squad, that whole selection apart from centre mid.

Thats why we are where we are.

It only shows the weakness of our Manager.

7 defensive players again. Set up to not lose rather than not win again. Can't see anything other than a defeat...again. Sadly I got a feeling this could be the game where we actually get proper stuffed. Spurs have pace but also some big physical bastards who will nullify Romeu and co. Plus players who given half a chance to strike will take it.

It bothers me that MP brings back in-form players from the bench (eg. Hojbjerg) but then drops other 'best option' players (eg. VvD, Gabbiadini).

It's like he's determined not to start with/play his best 11 at any time.

Shouldn't you pick your best team all the time?