The World Cup Thread

Lighthouse

Definitely another plus for VAR that game :)

Right result after South Korea should have had a penalty.

Difficult to believe Germany have thrown it away after digging out another chance for themselves the way they did in the last game, but they just haven't turned up this tournament.

Real Madrid win the European Cup

Burnley qualify for Europe

Manchester City win the league

Chelsea finish 5th

England win the World Cup

Chelsea finish 5th

Chelsea finish 5th

Chelsea finish 5th

Nailed on.

Chelsea finish 5th

Chelsea finish 5th

It’s time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you guys want us to do tomorrow? Lose or win? I want us to win but would be happier if we lost with a draw and fair play rules.....or even a proper loss.

Weird situation. Proper head vs heart.

I’d love a win, I’d be disappoint with a loss, but the next fixtures would console me.

Either result will feel good for different reasons. Odd position for us at this stage of a competition!

I have no interest in coming second in the group - we've beaten Tunisia and Panama and we looked shaky as fu ck in those games at times.

Rather than cast our eye on Quarter Finals and Semi Finals we should be hoping for the softest tie we can get in round 2. Which I think is Yoshi and Japan. Colombia and Senegal both dangerous.

We thought we'd beat Iceland remember. I'll be made up if we get a Brazil quarter final. Bit of glam and a no-shame elimination if that hapoens.

Quarter final defeat to Sweden or Mexico or a 2nd round exit to Colombia? No thanks.

If Martinez is going to rotate then get out and beat em and win the group. Good for the old ranking/seeding too.

I have no interest in coming second in the group - we've beaten Tunisia and Panama and we looked shaky as fu ck in those games at times.

Rather than cast our eye on Quarter Finals and Semi Finals we should be hoping for the softest tie we can get in round 2. Which I think is Yoshi and Japan. Colombia and Senegal both dangerous.

We thought we'd beat Iceland remember. I'll be made up if we get a Brazil quarter final. Bit of glam and a no-shame elimination if that hapoens.

Quarter final defeat to Sweden or Mexico or a 2nd round exit to Colombia? No thanks.

If Martinez is going to rotate then get out and beat em and win the group. Good for the old ranking/seeding too.

Agree completely. Trying to be too clever will backfire and end in tears no doubt. I expect a few changes to rest any players with knocks etc, but replacements should all be keen to impress. Keep the momentum going and win the group.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Agree completely. Trying to be too clever will backfire and end in tears no doubt. I expect a few changes to rest any players with knocks etc, but replacements should all be keen to impress. Keep the momentum going and win the group.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I fancy Colombia to beat Senegal and win group. Would want to avoid Colombia which In that case we would by winning group.

Also the ‘harder’ side of draw has big teams playing sh1te. We’d have hammered Germany and getting carried away but don’t fear anyone so far. Just told the missus off for making plans on World Cup final afternoon as almost certain England will be playing.

I fancy Colombia to beat Senegal and win group. Would want to avoid Colombia which In that case we would by winning group.

Also the ‘harder’ side of draw has big teams playing sh1te. We’d have hammered Germany and getting carried away but don’t fear anyone so far. Just told the missus off for making plans on World Cup final afternoon as almost certain England will be playing.

Agree

I was al for finishing 2nd. But to second guess the form of the other sides in this World Cup is ridiculous. Hopefully, we will win and just go from there.

LFGULVUDFE7SND3T7LW3E5KXIU.jpg

If Japan wins group H (very possible) it would be insane to want to finish first and be on the left hand side.

I don’t think there is a single side on the left that we would beat, Uruguay maybe. Tonight should be both teams trying to lose.