Forster Situation

Dusic

Almost too much to hope for, but would be brilliant and at least cancel one year out of four remaining on his big deal (whether £70k or £95k per week). *Crosses fingers*.

With the calibre of Burnley's injured keepers, too much to hope for anything more but if he played a few games without any disasters, he might be able to rebuild his reputation slightly and be easier to offload next summer.

I like the headline....

Burnley make enquiry for Southampton ace Fraser Forster

...as there seems to be a word in there that not too many would use. I think a loan would be great. If he gets his confidence back and plays well, then that's a plus for us.

I assume that would be a loan. Would this be the first time a team allowed a loan player to play against them.....

No, for two reasons:

1. It has happened before

2. It can't happen in the PL as it is against their rules

I can't see this being any more than loan. But, even so, I hope it comes off and FF comes into good form during that time. That would make it easier for him to get a permanent move at the end of it.

No, for two reasons:

1. It has happened before

2. It can't happen in the PL as it is against their rules

I can't see this being any more than loan. But, even so, I hope it comes off and FF comes into good form during that time. That would make it easier for him to get a permanent move at the end of it.

I was being tongue I cheek. Though I wasn't aware I,was against PL rules I thought most clubs just forbid it.

I like the headline....

Burnley make enquiry for Southampton ace Fraser Forster

...as there seems to be a word in there that not too many would use. I think a loan would be great. If he gets his confidence back and plays well, then that's a plus for us.

I liked the photo of him looking like a floundering Turtle on his back as the ball is on its way past him into the net!!!!

Maybe a fresh start playing for a straight talking Dyche and different coaching set up will get him firing again and not just picking up his pipe and slippers salary: even if its just on loan.

Edited by John Boy Saint

The Echo article does not say that.

If he leaves on loan to Burnley he won't be playing at St Mary's, only if he is sold.

Don't you know what Maybe means?

I did not say he would be playing but don't you think it is interesting that Burnley may be interested in him as both their England Goalkeepers are injured

The Echo article does not say that.

If he leaves on loan to Burnley he won't be playing at St Mary's, only if he is sold.

Couldn't we make an exception and put in a condition that he has to play? [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm sure this has been mentioned on this thread, but the madness of extending his contract was mind blowing. Tome it showed that the powers that be had their heads in the sand, to think that he was an asset that many clubs would be after and so we needed to chain him in a long contract.

To tie up so much of our wage budget on one player, who obviously had lost his way was dereliction of duty. I notice the 'In Les we trust' posters are quiet

I'm sure this has been mentioned on this thread, but the madness of extending his contract was mind blowing. Tome it showed that the powers that be had their heads in the sand, to think that he was an asset that many clubs would be after and so we needed to chain him in a long contract.

To tie up so much of our wage budget on one player, who obviously had lost his way was dereliction of duty. I notice the 'In Les we trust' posters are quiet

Agreed. Why is Les still here? He is a liability.

Funny Dalek, before Puel came, I am not sure that there were all these calls for Les to go. In fact, as you have no idea of his remit and whether his hands were tied, you cannot pass an objective opinion. We seem to have an awful lot of fair weather supporters who for some reason seem to think that our natural place in the PL is 7th or 8th.

Funny Dalek, before Puel came, I am not sure that there were all these calls for Les to go. In fact, as you have no idea of his remit and whether his hands were tied, you cannot pass an objective opinion. We seem to have an awful lot of fair weather supporters who for some reason seem to think that our natural place in the PL is 7th or 8th.

Even when we did finish 8th that wasn’t good enough

Well trodden ground and making the same point again and again changes nothing. The fact is we're stuck with a keeper shot on confidence on a ridiculous contract. If someone takes him the reality is it'll still cost us money as nobody will match his wages and we'll have to pay him a wedge to go.

My gut feel is that he'll sit, rot and take the wages.

Well trodden ground and making the same point again and again changes nothing. The fact is we're stuck with a keeper shot on confidence on a ridiculous contract. If someone takes him the reality is it'll still cost us money as nobody will match his wages and we'll have to pay him a wedge to go.

My gut feel is that he'll sit, rot and take the wages.

There's a lot of CONJECTURE about what his wages are. You get the rather depressing miserable sods here saying £95k/100k. You have the less miserable sods saying £55k. I read in the papers it was £65k. (BTW the papers are also saying that Mané is to be offered a new £100k contract).

Anyway, say that he does go to Burnley. The club could waive the loan fee if Burnley cover all the wages. Realistically, what would a club expect to pay for an emergency (as this is basically what it is)? They are going to pay more than less aren't they? What does a standard player get £40k? It might not be such a stretch to £65k or whatever he is on plus a loan fee.

With regards selling, we initially signed him for £10m on a 4 year contract, and we have had 4 years from him. So from that angle he has not been a bad signing.

Another loan.

Another weakening of our financial position.

Reed needs putting out to pasture.

If a buyer isn’t a available how else can the club improve the financial situation other than by a loan? People are entitled to disagree with a decision but to be credible should suggest a better alternative. The criticism of Les Reed is unjustified by selective use of a new contract that only went sour after it was made. At the time, England’s second keeper looked to be well worth keeping at the club. It was the same Les Reed who earned the club a profit of some £60m on VVD when the player engineered a move that the club had tried to resist.

I always thought Dyche was quite a smart cookie but if(and only if) he takes FF even on loan,then I reckon he ain't as smart as he makes out.I am not so sure I agree with Shroppie that if he goes then he should play against us.He will be sent back immediately as Burnley will see through him.

I always thought Dyche was quite a smart cookie but if(and only if) he takes FF even on loan,then I reckon he ain't as smart as he makes out.I am not so sure I agree with Shroppie that if he goes then he should play against us.He will be sent back immediately as Burnley will see through him.
My comment was of course tongue-in-cheek. Knowing our luck, if he did play, it would be the game where he totally recovered his confidence and would claim all crosses and be unbeatable.

My comment was of course tongue-in-cheek. Knowing our luck, if he did play, it would be the game where he totally recovered his confidence and would claim all crosses and be unbeatable.

Still don't think he'd suddenly be able to command his area, but he might have one of those games where he just gets in the way of everything. He isn't as bad as some make out, but his lack of confidence and the fact he doesn't command his area is a problem. We have better in McCarthy but he wouldn't be the worst signing in the world for Burnley given their situation. He might even just need a fresh start.

Er...not me. Always thought it was 14th to 17th but worried after last season that Les is taking this for granted.

Pope out for the season, so I guess they'll sign him on loan? Useful deal really, although I reckon Joe Hart would be a better option. Maybe FF comes cheaper though

I'd gotten my hopes up that the Burnley loan would happen & I'd forgotten Hart is available to them!

Pope out for the season, so I guess they'll sign him on loan? Useful deal really, although I reckon Joe Hart would be a better option. Maybe FF comes cheaper though

You've hit the nail on the head there, Burnley will have to carry a bigger squad for Europe this year and whatever the debates on here about how much Forster is actually on, it would be fair to assume that Hart will be on rather more. Change of scenery might help him. Don't see how Dyche can fix some of those faults easily but remember, Hart was dropped by W Ham and didn't pull up any trees at Torino so looking at it objectively he's as a big a risk/opportunity as Fraser.

IMHO, I think Hart will go for another overseas loan again.

You've hit the nail on the head there, Burnley will have to carry a bigger squad for Europe this year and whatever the debates on here about how much Forster is actually on, it would be fair to assume that Hart will be on rather more. Change of scenery might help him. Don't see how Dyche can fix some of those faults easily but remember, Hart was dropped by W Ham and didn't pull up any trees at Torino so looking at it objectively he's as a big a risk/opportunity as Fraser.

IMHO, I think Hart will go for another overseas loan again.

Forster, Hart, Karius, Mignolet ... there are lots of candidates :) :(

Dyche just confirmed in his press conference that Pope has had an operation and they are looking to bring in a keeper and will try to get dispensation from UEFA to allow him to play in Europe. Heaton not fit for game against Aberdeen. Wonder how quickly a deal might/could be done?

I know everyone says the real money in the champions league, but English teams earn a tidy sum from the Europa league, so they won't want to miss out and thus will be very keen to get a keeper in.

Edited by Chez

Dyche just confirmed in his press conference that Pope has had an operation and they are looking to bring in a keeper and will try to get dispensation from UEFA to allow him to play in Europe. Heaton not fit for game against Aberdeen. Wonder how quickly a deal might/could be done?

I know everyone says the real money in the champions league, but English teams earn a tidy sum from the Europa league, so they won't want to miss out and thus will be very keen to get a keeper in.

Let's hope they choose Fraser, but there's quite a few other options for them to go with.

I can't imagine a recruitment network could have been watching him over the last 2 seasons and think he's a viable option!

Forster is the goalkeeping equivalent of Jack Rodwell.

Shhhhh......whisper it or don't mention it at all.

We don't want to put people off signing him!

Personally I'd hate him to go. Tremendous player. Far too good for Burnley!!

Come on guys, Fraser just needs confidence, a manager who trusts him, fans who believe in him and don't jeer when he's between the posts. If he goes on loan and gets all this, he could be back to his best.
No what he needs is to put in some performances. He quite often got good reception from Northam etc then let one in rooted to line.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I asked one of my mates back in UK who is a Burnley fan if he would take forster. He said he would gladly. Seems to be only our fans who can't wait to see the back of him, of course it makes sense as fans know their squad better than anyone else, but he's still rated elsewhere. I really don't think it would be hard for him to get a move if wages and terms were agreed. Why would he turn down another shot at Europe? My heart says Burnley probably will go elsewhere for someone cheaper but I hope he does go on to play. I'd hate to see him rot on the bench. He's been great for us in the past before his injury.