Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

6 minutes ago, once_bitterne said:

Depends on if your objective is improving the club's bank balance or improving how good the team on the pitch is.

Eriksen improves Brentford over his six month contract

Livramento will improve Saints probably for 3-4 years, plus hold a great deal of value if sold

18 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Livramento will improve Saints probably for 3-4 years, plus hold a great deal of value if sold

Well he hasn't improved us at all on the pitch so far as KWP is as good, if not better, than him.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Erkisen has pretty much kept them out of a relegation battle and has almost certainly improved their league position by 3 maybe even 4 places which probably pays for the deal it’s self.  

If livramento is anywhere near as impactful as Eriksen, he’s not here for 3-4 years. At this moment in time, he’s not even as good as KWP so he’s not improving the quality of the side. 

So, as per the original comment; it depends on your objective. We all know what this clubs objective is. 

1 hour ago, Highfield Saint said:

I wonder what Eriksen's contract with Brentford is worth a week? Signing him was the best deal of the season.

Probably pretty high and it was always a gamble with his health issues. Plus they likely won't have him next season. 

Good signing yes, best deal of the season? Can't see that, 1 goal, 4 assists, 10 games. I mean that alone, that he's only managed 10 games is a pretty big factor why its not that amazing he didn't play until like nearly March. 

As MLG says Tino is clearly a better signing, £5 million, made a huge contribution to our team, likely future England right back, could be a key part of our team for a while and we are likely to make a big profit on him. Broja as well probably better 

Then you have people like Odegaard, Luis Diaz, Guehi, Kulusevski etc. 

11 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Why? Do they count double or something. Why are those 3 points different from the ones we got against Brentford or against Spurs. 

Cos they are the only win in the past 10 games or so, I think that’s the point he was making.

• Like 1

He really doesn't help himself with comments like "this is our Champions League final" does he... if that is the performance they will churn out we won't get far next season.

To be honest the comment has brought back memories of last season's FA cup semifinal now, our best chance to get to a final against Leicester and we don't muster a shot on target

• Like 4

Time for this joke of a manager to f off.

What sort of team and formation was that to start with and then again he stands on the touchline doing nothing until the opposition score, then and only then he shuffles deckchairs replacing like for like.

The man has no clue, I have come back from another game really frustrated at the lack of a game plan that may actually hurt the opposition.

• Like 4

We have been absolute garbage for the whole backend of last season and the majority of this, barring a blip of form just after Xmas. 
His tactics are simply not working, we don’t look anywhere close to improving under Ralph’ I’d even say after how exciting both broja and livremento looked when they arrived both seem to be going massively backwards under his tutelage..

Can give all the excuses about our spending but we need someone in charge that can analyse our weaknesses know what needs doing and get the right personal or tactics to  make it work. 
don’t see any of this happening at the moment, it looks like we are flogging a dead horse with this continued support of Ralph we look like relegation waiting to happen 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

We have been absolute garbage for the whole backend of last season and the majority of this, barring a blip of form just after Xmas. 
His tactics are simply not working, we don’t look anywhere close to improving under Ralph’ I’d even say after how exciting both broja and livremento looked when they arrived both seem to be going massively backwards under his tutelage..

Can give all the excuses about our spending but we need someone in charge that can analyse our weaknesses know what needs doing and get the right personal or tactics to  make it work. 
don’t see any of this happening at the moment, it looks like we are flogging a dead horse with this continued support of Ralph we look like relegation waiting to happen 

To quote my own post just wanted to add. That people think we play an attractive exciting brand of football is also a absolute myth.. don’t know what games you watching. Once broja is gone our current attacking options in the 10 positions and up front are verging on totally disgusting.. AA adams and long between them would struggle to finish a wank.. and then we have redmond eloyounoyssi walcott etc who offer zero creativity.. it’s scary how we can even get close to solving this problem atm Ralph has allowed this to happen on his watch.. 

I genuinely think he set us up with the thought that Liverpool would play much stronger line up then they did. He persevered with the tactics despite seeing it was Liverpool's second/third string because he's stubborn and inflexible. It was a pathetic intent and it's no exaggeration to think that had it been a full strength Liverpool side they would have scored many more goals.

• Like 1

When we were losing and started to play, push forward, press, and attack we looked a threat. And crucially, we kept Liverpool back and eased pressure on our own defence. It showed he had the players on the pitch to do more than we did, but he chose to keep us sitting deep, defending, and lumping the ball right back to Liverpool after each attack.

I’d rather have lost by more but when trying to win, than watch that dull, disinterested, inept performance.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DT said:

Terrible manager mystifyingly still in a job. Has been like this for months. He just clearly wants compensation. Do our new owners have actual eyes? Get rid

They have eyes, just no money to pay him off…

1 hour ago, Give it to Ron said:

Can someone help me and tell me exactly the point of Elynoussi?

what was his role last night apart from marking space?

He was shocking.  I like the way he positions himself to receive the ball.  Always in an area where he can’t quite get it.  

Totally ineffective.

Big test for the new owners this Summer.  We’ll see what they’re all about.

Keep Ralph, small transfer budget = No brains, no money.

Keep Ralph, decent budget = no brains but have money.

Sack Ralph, small budget = brains but no money, at least a bit of ambition though.

Sack Ralph, decent budget = brains, cash and ambition.

They obviously have money, it’s how much they will invest.

I really liked Ralph when he first came here.  Was a real breath of fresh air on how he would work the players.

Then with the run after Christmas I thought we'd turned the corner.

What I thought would What actually happened
Happen  
Villa Villa
Newcastle Newcastle
Watford Watford
Man City (cup) Man City (cup)
Leeds 🤝 Leeds
🤝 Chelsea Chelsea
🤝Arsenal Arsenal
Burnley Burnley
🤝 Brighton 🤝 Brighton
Palace Palace
Brentford Brentford
Liverpool Liverpool

Wins: 7 Wins: 1
Draws: 3 Draws: 2

Loses: 2 - 24pts

Loses: 9 - 5 pts

I hate to say it but the whole thing has gotten lazy since he said he may retire at the end of his contract.  They players aren't fighting for him anymore, and most of them aren't good enough.  Time to go.  Thanks for the good times Ralph!

Things are so bad I can't even be bothered to get worked up about it any more. No passion, no fight, no skill. I was spoilt having grown up in the Lawrie days when every team that came to the Dell had a fight on their hands. Things are so unenjoyable under Ralph and there doesn't seem any intention to change things. Hope I'm wrong because he won't be turning things round any time soon

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, darren2 said:

I really liked Ralph when he first came here.  Was a real breath of fresh air on how he would work the players.

Then with the run after Christmas I thought we'd turned the corner.

What I thought would What actually happened
Happen  
Villa Villa
Newcastle Newcastle
Watford Watford
Man City (cup) Man City (cup)
Leeds 🤝 Leeds
🤝 Chelsea Chelsea
🤝Arsenal Arsenal
Burnley Burnley
🤝 Brighton 🤝 Brighton
Palace Palace
Brentford Brentford
Liverpool Liverpool

Wins: 7 Wins: 1
Draws: 3 Draws: 2

Loses: 2 - 24pts

Loses: 9 - 5 pts

I hate to say it but the whole thing has gotten lazy since he said he may retire at the end of his contract.  They players aren't fighting for him anymore, and most of them aren't good enough.  Time to go.  Thanks for the good times Ralph!

24 points from that lot was incredibly ambitious. Don't get me wrong, I expected more than 5 but 24 is just a bit ott. That would have put us ahead of 'the rest' and very comfortable in 6th place. We don't have the players to be anywhere near that no matter who is in charge.

I think people are guilty for overrating our players to be honest. As per most players, they're capable of purple patches but it's the consistency which makes them 'decent' players, of which they have none.

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

I think Ralph is trying to get the sack ...

When he comes out in the press making statements about how we took risks last night he definitely is. I would be amazed if anyone could point out seriously what those risks were. 

Did he see how Newcastle and Brentford just went for it in their previous games with absolutely nothing to lose. That should have been us last night. 

• Like 1

Think his time is coming to an end this summer to be honest. Wasn't his usual self in his press conference, both he and the players don't seem to have much fight left. Wouldn't surprise me if something has been said in the background. I'd also echo the comments that it looks like he's almost trying to get himself sacked. I know its Liverpool, but that was a weakened Liverpool team that should have been there for the taking - and we showed very little fight or nous. Extremely disappointing for the final home game of the season - and doesn't bode well.

If he stays he needs to be backed as the players aren't good enough and the squad needs a serious refresh and kick up the backside regardless. If he goes then he's done a good job for us whilst he's been here, kept us in the league, given us some good memories, and left us in a good place for the future. So would be with thanks and a shame it has to end that way.

Not overly opposed to either of the above two scenarios - but if we try to limp on for another year with no meaningful investment then we are going to be in trouble next year. All if which isn't helped by Leicester trying to pilfer our recruitment setup before the summer!

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

Ralph needs a right hand man to bounce ideas off, but unfortunately it seems to me he likes to dictate, I think there was another Austrian who liked total rule.

Was Ralphs success in Germany down to his help with Rohl (?) I think who has gone onto bigger and better things.

When the Athletic broadcast to the world that we had the 60min energy break I believe we were playing good and successful football. Then that was stopped and we fell away. I may be wrong and hopefully someone will know the timeline (MLG) to either confirm or deny.

The same publication also announced the exclusive of FF leaving, why just before the Liverpool game, why not as the season finished?

1 minute ago, OldNick said:

Ralph needs a right hand man to bounce ideas off, but unfortunately it seems to me he likes to dictate, I think there was another Austrian who liked total rule.

Was Ralphs success in Germany down to his help with Rohl (?) I think who has gone onto bigger and better things.

When the Athletic broadcast to the world that we had the 60min energy break I believe we were playing good and successful football. Then that was stopped and we fell away. I may be wrong and hopefully someone will know the timeline (MLG) to either confirm or deny.

The same publication also announced the exclusive of FF leaving, why just before the Liverpool game, why not as the season finished?

Hardly the fault of the sports reporters, is it.

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Hardly the fault of the sports reporters, is it.

Dont know, perhaps who leaked it or allowed it to be leaked. I think it was a member of the club who bragged to the Athletic what was happening

Just now, OldNick said:

Dont know, perhaps who leaked it or allowed it to be leaked. I think it was a member of the club who bragged to the Athletic what was happening

Behave.  If we knew about the 60 min break, and sports reporters knew about it.  You'd assume elite professional football coaches & players knew about it before all of us.

Come on

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OldNick said:

I think the glaring flaw in this plan is that I'm increasingly of the opinion that Ralph would simply ignore any advice he's given. He delays making any changes for such a long time (despite repeatedly advocating for 5 subs a game which he'll seemingly all use in the 80th minute), and sometimes seems to be in disbelief that his initial tactics haven't worked. I'm not convinced that adding additional advice into that process will ultimately change anything - I mean what is Kitzbichler doing otherwise?

37 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

When he comes out in the press making statements about how we took risks last night he definitely is. I would be amazed if anyone could point out seriously what those risks were. 

Did he see how Newcastle and Brentford just went for it in their previous games with absolutely nothing to lose. That should have been us last night. 

He speaks just like Twar.

• Haha 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl