Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

1 hour ago, Pilchards said:

Just read that if all the scores had been done on the aggregate on both the matches between clubs we would of got relegated.

I’m not sure we will survive next season if we carry on with Ralph.

I wouldn't want to see us take our chances with him.We've been hopeless for ages, and as others have said above, he's taken us as far as he can. Time for a change.

Edited by egg
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Pilchards said:

Just read that if all the scores had been done on the aggregate on both the matches between clubs we would of got relegated.

Seriously... He's always been a manager that has a go and tries for the win - which is one of the main reasons why we drop so many points. The whole league would play an entirely different way if each match was a 2 legged affair... That's just an absolutely meaningless stick to beat him with 😅 🤷‍♂️.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 8

I had hoped to read today that Hasenhüttl had been kicked out but as usual the spineless bunch of wimps who run the club have not had the guts to do it. 

Make no mistake about it this bunch of clueless clowns are taking us in only one direction.

GET HIM OUT NOW!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Ralph probably gets a pass for the end of last season as at times we couldn't even out out an eleven of first teamers but this season no excuses. Bit given in the last two seasons we've gone from being pretty great to being absolutely awful are we a good team that hits a bad run of form, or a bad team that hits a good run of form? 

• Like 3

“Form” to me would suggest recent performances, for example the last 6 games. We’ve been dog shit for 12 games, with no sign of that changing anytime soon  and were lucky the season ended. 

What concerns me the most with Ralph is he seems unable to stop the flow of crap performances.  Unable to get the team to dig out a scruffy 1-0 or 0-0 to reset. 

I like Ralph as a person but he has to go.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

“Form” to me would suggest recent performances, for example the last 6 games. We’ve been dog shit for 12 games, with no sign of that changing anytime soon  and were lucky the season ended. 

What concerns me the most with Ralph is he seems unable to stop the flow of crap performances.  Unable to get the team to dig out a scruffy 1-0 or 0-0 to reset. 

I like Ralph as a person but he has to go.

But he did exactly that, when we beat Arsenal. Unfortunately, we then tried to play the same way against Burnley and they just bullied us, so Ralph reverted to what he "knew".

I don't disgree with your overall point, that we have long runs of terrible form, but I do believe the players deserve a lot of the blame for that.  They're so mentally fragile, heads go down, and we stop playing as a team and believing in the system.  

I think the team are badly organised and don’t have individual skill to play the way they are being asked to. We see a lot of individual errors at critical times particularly defensively when they just can’t do what they need to. This means that they are not playing to their strengths as individuals and as a team. I think the form comes with their confidence, when they have had a period of low errors. As soon as they start to happen again the whole team seems to lose belief. They then don’t know what to do to regain it and Ralph just getting them to continue to do the same things in the hope it all starts to click again doesn’t help. This is where I think another manager would make a difference. 

I don’t think we are ever going to have the team with individual skills to do what he wants them to do and his reluctance to change style and tactics gives an inevitable outcome. It’s painful watching the slow and inevitable death happen. 

Edited by saint michael
  • Like 1

Quite simply, if he is there at the start of next season, I won’t be. I’ve got until the end of May to guarantee my ST seats for another year of Ralph. I think I’ll pass. I’m starting to despise him as much as Branfoot all those years ago. He kept us up on limited resources yada yada yada…. Branfoot was universally hated. Perhaps if he’d done the jazz hands nonsense our happy clappers would have been banging his drum.

I don’t expect us to storm the league, just show a bit of balls when the brown stuff hits the fan. Oh and try and avoid relegation too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Alan Sugarfree said:

Quite simply, if he is there at the start of next season, I won’t be. I’ve got until the end of May to guarantee my ST seats for another year of Ralph. I think I’ll pass. I’m starting to despise him as much as Branfoot all those years ago. He kept us up on limited resources yada yada yada…. Branfoot was universally hated. Perhaps if he’d done the jazz hands nonsense our happy clappers would have been banging his drum.

I don’t expect us to storm the league, just show a bit of balls when the brown stuff hits the fan. Oh and try and avoid relegation too.

Really? 

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Ralph probably gets a pass for the end of last season as at times we couldn't even out out an eleven of first teamers but this season no excuses. Bit given in the last two seasons we've gone from being pretty great to being absolutely awful are we a good team that hits a bad run of form, or a bad team that hits a good run of form? 

We are an average team who, when everyone is on their game, can give the bigger teams a bloody nose but if three or four aren’t at it we can be rolled over by anyone. 
We lack back bone and character. When everything is going well that’s not an issue cos confidence is high, when the wheels start to fall off we are screwed.

24 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Really? 

Yeah, really. Irrational as that probably is and perhaps time has jaded just how bad my level of dislike was to the bloke, Hasenhuttl is up there. The 9-0’s, the record consecutive defeats, the constant excuses, the lack of any tactical nous…

Perhaps an overreaction but I hate the bloke being saints manager at this moment in time.

What will everyone’s memories be of Ralph’s legacy years down the line?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Alan Sugarfree said:

Quite simply, if he is there at the start of next season, I won’t be. I’ve got until the end of May to guarantee my ST seats for another year of Ralph. I think I’ll pass. I’m starting to despise him as much as Branfoot all those years ago. 

That's fair enough, but you can't post that and not get this 😁

image.thumb.jpeg.54fc20b8ade09e18be87e09f83ca0bfe.jpeg

Also, we were safe months ago tbf. The issue is not finishing higher in the table, not not avoiding relegation.

Edited by Saint86
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Alan Sugarfree said:

Yeah, really. Irrational as that probably is and perhaps time has jaded just how bad my level of dislike was to the bloke, Hasenhuttl is up there. The 9-0’s, the record consecutive defeats, the constant excuses, the lack of any tactical nous…

Perhaps an overreaction but I hate the bloke being saints manager at this moment in time.

What will everyone’s memories be of Ralph’s legacy years down the line?

Find that strange. Branfoot was not only a terrible manage but an absolute tosser. As a bloke Ralph seems like a good guy, i dont really see how you can dislike him. If he was a bit mroe of a wanker then it'd be much easier to want rid of him.

In mitigation hes had a hard job to do, had to clear out the crap, limited transfer budget, club was a shambles when he joined. However i have a number of concerns much like everyone. A big worry for me is how many players we've signed that have regressed. Djenepo, Liveramento and Broja were all a bresh of fresh air when they joined making good starts and playing with freedom, but the longer they've been here the worse they've got. Same goes for Diallo, Armstrong and to an extent Salisu. Adams has probably been our most consistent striker over the last two season but seems to get dropped at random times, the semi final for example in favour of Redmond, this season he cant get back in the team despite us struggling for goals. The fundemental issues of being to easy to beat and score against haven't been addressed since he's been here and the obsession with signing kids is starting to do my head in. All in all you want him to do well and it's not been easy but equally he's not really helped himself.

• Like 11

Man some of the reactions on this thread are completely irrational, you would think we got relegated.

We've spent no real money since Ralph has been here, we've stayed up each year, we have an overall plan for the club to play across the groups but currently do not have the players or quality to be effective across the entire season in that formation or any other in the 1st team.

Also the owners are new so I am not sure how they are getting stick and our CEO etc have done a great job running a club on a shoestring.

No matter how bad you think things are there are burnley/watford/norwich / championship/League 1 and 2 fans who would love to be in our shoes.

Edited by Convict Colony
forgot about watford
  • Like 10

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Find that strange. Branfoot was not only a terrible manage but an absolute tosser. As a bloke Ralph seems like a good guy, i dont really see how you can dislike him. If he was a bit mroe of a wanker then it'd be much easier to want rid of him.

In mitigation hes had a hard job to do, had to clear out the crap, limited transfer budget, club was a shambles when he joined. However i have a number of concerns much like everyone. A big worry for me is how many players we've signed that have regressed. Djenepo, Liveramento and Broja were all a bresh of fresh air when they joined making good starts and playing with freedom, but the longer they've been here the worse they've got. Same goes for Diallo, Armstrong and to an extent Salisu. Adams has probably been our most consistent striker over the last two season but seems to get dropped at random times, the semi final for example in favour of Redmond, this season he cant get back in the team despite us struggling for goals. The fundemental issues of being to easy to beat and score against haven't been addressed since he's been here and the obsession with signing kids is starting to do my head in. All in all you want him to do well and it's not been easy but equally he's not really helped himself.

I don’t want any Saints manager to fail. Ralph can be the nicest bloke in the world or the biggest tosser for all I care, it makes it harder to dislike him personally as he seems nice enough. I care about Saints, not Ralph’s ego. Yes he’s had a terrible hand with what he inherited and what he’s had funding wise to work with. That doesn’t change the fact he’s not got it as a manager. Coach perhaps. 

9 minutes ago, egg said:

Mods - there's clearly divided opinion. Can we have  poll please? A nice simple should Ralph stay or go?

The problem with this forum now is we can't do polls unless it is on a new thread. We had one here anyway:

I doubt it would improve since our defeats to Liverpool and Leicester. 

image.png.0f30f92acb85bddd6fae38e90cf3f95f.png

60% in favour of him leaving. 

3 minutes ago, nta786 said:

The problem with this forum now is we can't do polls unless it is on a new thread. We had one here anyway:

I doubt it would improve since our defeats to Liverpool and Leicester. 

image.png.0f30f92acb85bddd6fae38e90cf3f95f.png

60% in favour of him leaving. 

Cheers, missed that. I'd imagine it's a big against now but there's still a lot of support for him from many. 

35 minutes ago, Turkish said:

This is broadly my view.  Which places me in more of a quandary about whether I would vote to keep him or not than I usually am.  @Turkish based on your points, which are very well made, would you bin Ralph now or keep him?  I think I'm still for keeping him, but it's nowhere near as solid as it was.  I need to find a way of getting over the last 12 games, which are a mystery to me.  At some point in the future I am expecting to look back and make some sort of sense of it.  I'm not simply buying that 'it's what we do under Ralph' - there has to be more to it. And nothing I've read on here or anywhere else has helped with that.

As it happens I had dinner with a Watford season ticket holder last night.  If you think we've got it bad I would encourage you to seek out a Watford fan and swap notes.  It will make you feel much better. He's less activated by the relegation, more by what he says as the complete loss of identity of the club and the alienation between owners, managers, players and fans. And yes, for those of you who asking, he will still be renewing his season ticket.  Like me it's more about the ritual and being with old friends than anything else

PS. It's good to read some solid differing opinions on an important topical issue without the name calling and trench warfare.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

This is broadly my view.  Which places me in more of a quandary about whether I would vote to keep him or not than I usually am.  @Turkish based on your points, which are very well made, would you bin Ralph now or keep him?  I think I'm still for keeping him, but it's nowhere near as solid as it was.  I need to find a way of getting over the last 12 games, which are a mystery to me.  At some point in the future I am expecting to look back and make some sort of sense of it.  I'm not simply buying that 'it's what we do under Ralph' - there has to be more to it. And nothing I've read on here or anywhere else has helped with that.

As it happens I had dinner with a Watford season ticket holder last night.  If you think we've got it bad I would encourage you to seek out a Watford fan and swap notes.  It will make you feel much better. He's less activated by the relegation, more by what he says as the complete loss of identity of the club and the alienation between owners, managers, players and fans. And yes, for those of you who asking, he will still be renewing his season ticket.  Like me it's more about the ritual and being with old friends than anything else

PS. It's good to read some solid differing opinions on an important topical issue without the name calling and trench warfare.

Good post, and I echo your sentiment about good sensible discussion. Nice to see it and hopefully it stays that way. 

54 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Pretty succinct post on the topic. Reckon that would cover the majority of fans tbh.

I’ve been very critical of Ralph for a while now, and initially took a lot of stick over it. I think he’s a pretty average manager who is over rated by some because of his managerial speak, his “passion”, and this Klopp of the alps pony. However, we need to be really careful, next season will be a strange one with a World Cup chucked into the middle of it. An experienced premier league manager could well be the best bet to manage the different nature of the season, which in turn limits who I’d want in charge.

Im  not saying that I particularly  want Ralph back next season, but could understand if the club wanted to go in that direction. After all he did handle the break due to covid pretty well. Any normal season I’d want him gone, but experience could  be very important this time around. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Not sure why you think he was a tosser. Most of the players at the time thought he was a decent bloke and I found him pretty decent too. I'll concede he was a "terrible manager" though.

38 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

Im really on the fence with it. I really like the guy and love the fact he seems to get the club and enjoy being here. But that isn't a reason to keep him. Up until about 5 games ago i'd have said keep him.  I dont buy this "we couldn't get anyone better" there are loads of managers out there who could get saints to 16th, it's hardly an achievement. 

It's strange that when we are good we are great, when we are bad we are terrible we dont seem to have any inbetween, 5 points from 13 games is insanely bad, that's almost record low levels over a season not just relegation form. In some way that is the biggest frustration, knowing how good we can be, then seeing them be so awful.  So many players have hit a poor run of form at the same time, which cant just be coincidence either some know they are going or are downing tools and the point i made about how so many signings seem to start well and then regress it a real concern.  

I dont think they'll replace him and i'm still undecided, last season the excuse as injuries and the squad was too small, which was valid, this season there isn't that excuse but things have been just as poor. Although gut feel says i dont see any reason to think things are going to be better next season at the moment.

• Like 5

I think with a bit of investment we could have a decent season next year under Ralph. In my opinion the main reason this season went to shit was because Broja clearly stopped giving a toss once he had made his name and that left us pretty much toothless. Replace Broja, Long, Walcott and Redmon/Djenepo with some quality and Ralph will have something to work with. 

Bunch of bed-wetting tarts on here.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I’ve been very critical of Ralph for a while now, and initially took a lot of stick over it. I think he’s a pretty average manager who is over rated by some because of his managerial speak, his “passion”, and this Klopp of the alps pony. However, we need to be really careful, next season will be a strange one with a World Cup chucked into the middle of it. An experienced premier league manager could well be the best bet to manage the different nature of the season, which in turn limits who I’d want in charge.

Im  not saying that I particularly  want Ralph back next season, but could understand if the club wanted to go in that direction. After all he did handle the break due to covid pretty well. Any normal season I’d want him gone, but experience could  be very important this time around. 

Has someone hacked LD's account?

Reasoned thinking?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I hadn't thought of that.  It's a very valid point and might be enough to swing it for me.  A decent transfer window, one more season and then probably time up unless he's done something magical (top 8 or cup win?)

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It's strange that when we are good we are great, when we are bad we are terrible we dont seem to have any inbetween, 5 points from 13 games is insanely bad, that's almost record low levels over a season not just relegation form. In some way that is the biggest frustration, knowing how good we can be, then seeing them be so awful.  So many players have hit a poor run of form at the same time, which cant just be coincidence either some know they are going or are downing tools and the point i made about how so many signings seem to start well and then regress it a real concern.  

Hit the nail on the head

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I think with a bit of investment we could have a decent season next year under Ralph. In my opinion the main reason this season went to shit was because Broja clearly stopped giving a toss once he had made his name and that left us pretty much toothless. Replace Broja, Long, Walcott and Redmon/Djenepo with some quality and Ralph will have something to work with. 

Seriously? You want to blame it all on Broja? Nothing to do with poor tactics, spineless displays, and leaking goals for absolute fun then?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It's strange that when we are good we are great, when we are bad we are terrible we dont seem to have any inbetween, 5 points from 13 games is insanely bad, that's almost record low levels over a season not just relegation form. In some way that is the biggest frustration, knowing how good we can be, then seeing them be so awful.

This is the crux of the matter to me. I can't fathom why we're such a Jekyll and Hyde club.

Edited by trousers

10 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Seriously? You want to blame it all on Broja? Nothing to do with poor tactics, spineless displays, and leaking goals for absolute fun then?

Obviously it's not all down to Broja, more the lack of quality going forward. If we still had Ings up front we would probably have finished top half this season IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alan Sugarfree said:

100% with you. They can stuff their season tickets right up their padded seats.

The OS has announced that the team are off to Austria for a cuddly jolly in the close season, which pretty much confirms that the Alpine Flopp will not be leaving. Do you not understand basic management Semmens? Are you living in a parallel universe?

You reward people for success not for abject bloody failure.

I never thought I'd call time on Saints but they've pushed me to the limit on this one. He stays, me goes!😡

4 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Obviously it's not all down to Broja, more the lack of quality going forward. If we still had Ings up front we would probably have finished top half this season IMO.

If our success was largely down to Broja, then him not being here at all next season means we may have a problem.

I worry that finding attacking players (number 10s) that can create and score goals straight from the off in the Prem will be incredibly tough with our budget. If you take some like Eze at Palace, signed for £17m, which is perhaps in our ball park, he has done OK, looks like he can play, but certainly didn't take the world by storm in his first season. Suffered from a bad injury this season followed by a struggle to get into the side on a regular basis. 

Ings certainly made us look good, scoring goals from everywhere, whether we had `earned' them or not. If your strikers aren't flying like he was, then you need to be creating lots of chances and keeping clean sheets. That ain't us.

there is much work to do to enhance our attacking threat.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

The OS has announced that the team are off to Austria for a cuddly jolly in the close season, which pretty much confirms that the Alpine Flopp will not be leaving. Do you not understand basic management Semmens? Are you living in a parallel universe?

I never thought I'd call time on Saints but they've pushed me to the limit on this one. He stays, me goes!😡

But for Semmens and Co, success is staying in the Premier League. They make no secret of that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

"I don't like this product so I'm not going to buy it any more".  You're a customer rather than a fan/supporter.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

If our success was largely down to Broja, then him not being here at all next season means we may have a problem.

I worry that finding attacking players (number 10s) that can create and score goals straight from the off in the Prem will be incredibly tough with our budget. If you take some like Eze at Palace, signed for £17m, which is perhaps in our ball park, he has done OK, looks like he can play, but certainly didn't take the world by storm in his first season. Suffered from a bad injury this season followed by a struggle to get into the side on a regular basis. 

Ings certainly made us look good, scoring goals from everywhere, whether we had `earned' them or not. If your strikers aren't flying like he was, then you need to be creating lots of chances and keeping clean sheets. That ain't us.

there is much work to do to enhance our attacking threat.

Stop conceding so many goals is the first thing to address surely? You know the old addage...if you don't concede...

12 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

If the task was to survive and have a decent cup run, then from the owners point of view he didn't fail.

Not sure he has been rewarded. Is keeping your job classified as a reward these days?

15 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

I never thought I'd call time on Saints but they've pushed me to the limit on this one. He stays, me goes!

10 minutes ago, Klaus Schwab said:

I’ve changed my mind, I hope he stays 

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

44 minutes ago, aintforever said:

You could literally say that for most managers though if you "replace with quality so he has something to work with"

4 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Stop conceding so many goals is the first thing to address surely? You know the old addage...if you don't concede...

Fair enough, although I think they are intrinsically linked. If, you have attacking players like Sala, Zaha etc. who don't need anyone else's help to create and score, that means you don't need to push midfielders and defenders forward quite so much, which means you are more solid and tighter at the back. Less competent attackers mean you have to gamble a bit more.

The general consensus on here is that three out of four of our back four is OK. Forster was seen as OK, JWP and Romeu seen as ok, yet we let goals in left right and centre. If the personnel defensively ain't woeful, what was the reason? Maybe they aren't all that. Or maybe the reason was the way we were set up. If that's te reason then why set up like that? Perhaps it's to disguise the fact we ain't got much outstanding talent in attack.

I don't know, but something has to change over the summer. Even if its just getting confidence back. Right now we look likely to lose to absolutely anyone/everyone.

11 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

It's pre-season training, not a skiing holiday in the alps. 

Would you rather they were 'punished' by not being asked to train? 

Yeah that's just weird. Fair enough they maybe shouldn't have been released to go on holiday after the Brentford game, but pre-season training is really important - it's not a jolly!

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl