Saints vs Everton - Build up & Match Thread

SuperSAINT

3 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

He’s been the only downside of today’s performance so far. Shocking. Looks like he’s feeling so comfortable that that place in the side is his that he’s coasting. 

He looks like he's coasting as he has the swagger of a player who thinks he's better than he is. 

His end product is shit because he's shit. 

8 minutes ago, nta786 said:

it was offside though, so no qualms about it.

what a finish by armstrong though. 

what I am loving the most is we seem to be switching players/formations very seamlessly

Switched to 433 for a while. Really like the tactical flexibility in games.

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

Everton have never come from 2 goals down to win in the Premier League according to the half time guys on the stream I'm watching.

Anyone else suddenly feel much more pessimistic after reading this?

Just now, The Cat said:

Everton have never come from 2 goals down to win in the Premier League according to the half time guys on the stream I'm watching.

Statistics like that are totally meaningless, especially when talking about a team leading the PL after a good start and under a good manager. No doubt there are statistics that said that we wouldn't have come back to draw against Chelski.

All you really need from commentators is the players' names and, possibly, to point out some piece of play you might otherwise have missed. These two just waffle on like the two old gits who sit behind me at games. There's something exciting happening on the pitch and they're harping on about 9-0 or Calvert-Lewin's close relationship with Duncan Ferguson. STFU! It's really distracting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wooley7 said:

Switched to 433 for a while. Really like the tactical flexibility in games.

I’ll admit to still learning the subtleties of football, but why don’t more teams do this more often?  I liken it to switch defenses in basketball from man-to-man to different type of zone defense in an attempt to confuse the opponent and foil their offensive plan that is predicated on you playing a specific formation.  It wouldn’t have to be done often or for long.  But if you can get the opponent spending time trying to figure out what formation you are playing, I think it would help.  Is there a reason that this is a bad idea, e.g. lack of player skill flexibility to execute different formations?

Thanks for assisting in my education.

So far so good. Feels like we're not entirely at our best - Redmond and Armstrong have been poor; Romeu and Adams have taken some heavy touches - but deservedly lead.

Feels like we'll need another goal just to be sure. Everton have been dangerous down the right, where Armstrong has abandoned KWP, and they're a threat from set pieces.

Come on, Saints, bring it home.

Would be the most saints thing to do and throw this away. But that being said, we’ve looked very very good (Redmond aside, who looks like the Redmond lacking confidence under purl).

Everton look very average though. 

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints vs Everton - Build up & Match Thread
  • Jimmy_D unpinned and locked this topic