Newcastle 3-2 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Every player bar the goalkeeper is marked at some point during the match. Some situations they are instructed to mark for and others not. It is rare to be properly 'man marked' for an entire game in modern football. In any case the style of our pressing play means players are quickly closed down.

You get worse. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Every player bar the goalkeeper is marked at some point during the match. Some situations they are instructed to mark for and others not. It is rare to be properly 'man marked' for an entire game in modern football. In any case the style of our pressing play means players are quickly closed down.

Who said anything about man marking for an entire game ?

Use common sense .

• Haha 1

Just now, CB Fry said:

Happy with that team. Hopefully no one too rusty and excited to see the new boy.

Newcastle have injury issues (and are shit anyway).

Optimistic today, even if we never win up there.

They have CB problems. Had a quick scan of their fans thoughts on the line up and the main thing I noticed is how much they dislike Hendricks. 

I'm going for a 2-1 win.

• Like 1

Hope we can get it together together today and at least keep it respectable & be In the game with good effort, we've had some terrible decisions go against us and horrendous injury list but not sure that excuses a second 9-0 loss. Another four nil plus loss and I'm not sure even RH could get them to recover mentally.  Saints can hopefully prove that we are better than Tuesday.  I definitely want Ralphlh to stay he has his faults but there's no way we are going to get anyone any better 

1 minute ago, ally_uk said:

any streams for the game lads

http://ovostreams.com/aston-villa-vs-arsenaln.php (ignore the wrong teams in the URL)

very good so far. If it doesn't work there are loads here: 

https://soccer.streamsgate.tv/event/newcastle-united-vs-southampton-match-preview/

Edited by niceandfriendly

• Lighthouse changed the title to Newcastle 3-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic