Newcastle 3-2 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I know it's only one nil but Another heavy loss and we could easily be sucked into the R word 

You're not the post positive are you. We're 1 nil down. Getting forward. Have 29 points. We'll be fine. 

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I know stephens is the scapegoat, but blaming him for the goal is fucking ridiculous 

They have one attacking threat which is S-M. I highly doubt he was meant to be that far away from him. When you see JWP play that role for example (as and out of position player) he sticks tight to their main threat (one time he lost Grealish they scored). Stephens was too far up

Dare I say it- do we need to go to a back 5 in the next game to shore up our defence again? 
It worked when we were under wretched form under Koeman, but it isn’t looking promising too many times their wingers are finding space and joy

2-0 against a shit Newcastle side that Bruce always sets out to defend. FFS. When things are going against you, they really go against you. No youth to blame this time, this is nearly a full XI. 

All I want today is a goal, even if it's in a 2-1 defeat. We need to remember how to put the ball in the net soon.

Just now, nta786 said:

Dare I say it- do we need to go to a back 5 in the next game to shore up our defence again? 
It worked when we were under wretched form under Koeman, but it isn’t looking promising too many times their wingers are finding space and joy

The back 5 is what led to the 9-0 V Leicester.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Newcastle 3-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic