Leeds 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

11 hours ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

You can't start a game with Adams, Redmond and Tella (who actually did ok) when you look at our recent form. If it had been a cup game against a league one team, then maybe, but not away at Leeds FFS.
Ralph looks like a man who has run out of ideas. That starting line up tonight just looked desperate. 
Djenepo was man of the match on Saturday. His work rate was superb. What does Ralph do? Stick him on the bench. Minamino has scored 2 in 3. What does Ralph do, stick him on the bench. There's an argument for resting Ings, but you don't replace all 3 of them with 3 players who don't score goals and who've never started a competitive game together. Now isn't the time to start experimenting. 
Based on recent form, Djenepo & Minamino should have started instead of Redmond and Tella.

I will be amazed if we stay up this season. If we do then we're only delaying the inevitable. I don't see Ralph, Ings, JWP, KWP Bertie or Vestergaard being there next season.

A mate thinks we should make a move for Eddie Howe before he goes to Palace. My argument is this... Why on earth would he or any other credible manager come to Saints, with a board that couldn't give a f**k and no money to buy what's needed to compete at this level?

Wow. I don't miss Alpine that much anymore. And sacking Ralph to get Howe? Would be unreasonable to sack Ralph and Howe is certainly no better. He got relegated with arguably a better squad and his Bournemouth team were equally poor defensively.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

A shambolic performance without purpose or cohesion. Frankly at times we looked as though we were making it up as we went along. Have they stopped listening to Ralph?

As many have said before there is a time when goodwill has to end and reality confronted. That time is now. This manager with this group of players is not working so something has to change. We have no money to make wholesale changes to the playing staff so the spotlight inevitably falls on the coaching staff. Ralph and his team must go. There is time for a new manager to come in and get this group of players winning again so that the big R does not become an issue, it can't be allowed to drift any longer.

Who then? I would argue a case for Chris Houghton who has managed smaller clubs on limited budgets very well in the past and has proved himself to be an effective Premier League manager. Right now he is busy turning Forest into a half decent team but his talents are being wasted in the Championship.

Edited by Charlie Wayman
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

I quite like Eddie Howe as he had Bournemouth playing some nice stuff but he was as rigid in his style of play as people accuse RH of being at Saints. If people are saying RH's style is to tippy tappy then they ain't gonna like Howe!

As for Houghton, fuck me sideways... I'd rather have Puel back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

A shambolic performance without purpose or cohesion. Frankly at times we looked as though we were making it up as we went along. Have they stopped listening to Ralph?

As many have said before there is a time when goodwill has to end and reality confronted. That time is now. This manager with this group of players is not working so something has to change. We have no money to make wholesale changes to the playing staff so the spotlight inevitably falls on the coaching staff. Ralph and his team must go. There is time for a new manager to come in and get this group of players winning again so that the big R does not become an issue, it can't be allowed to drift any longer.

Who then? I would argue a case for Chris Houghton who has managed smaller clubs on limited budgets very well in the past and has proved himself to be an effective Premier League manager. Right now he is busy turning Forest into a half decent team but his talents are being wasted in the Championship.

Agree Ralph has to go. He's Wreck It Ralph at the moment, with his energy-sapping constant pressing that spoils any shape we might otherwise have. Pick one:

A) Tony Pulis (available and might have a soft spot for Saints on account of his son having played for us)

B) Nigel Pearson (available and DAJFU before)

C) Mark Hughes (available and DAJFU before but what irony!)

D) Chris Houghton

E) Eddie Howe

F) Kazakhstani relegation expert Itsan Emer Gency

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

A shambolic post without purpose or cohesion.

Corrected it for you.

No way is Hughton better than Ralph. Yes, there were things last night, and in other games, that didn't go right.

But to suggest we're in meltdown and need to throw out bathwater, baby and all is definitely over the top.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Singapore Saint said:

Agree Ralph has to go. He's Wreck It Ralph at the moment, with his energy-sapping constant pressing that spoils any shape we might otherwise have. Pick one:

A) Tony Pulis (available and might have a soft spot for Saints on account of his son having played for us)

D) Chris Houghton

E) Eddie Howe

I can't believe anyone would seriously consider any of those.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Singapore Saint said:

D) Chris Houghton

E) Eddie Howe

Comedy gold. You forgot Neil Lennon, he's available now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Singapore Saint said:

D) Chris Houghton

E) Eddie Howe

A bit of comedy to brighten our day.

• Like 1

What a turnround!!

Prior to this (rather horrific) run of results most people were concerned Ralph going off to manage Spurs or other bigger clubs.

I am very concerned about the situation but we have suffered from a run of bad decisions by officials and injuries.

Still I suppose even the likes of Klopp are under scrutiny from some Liverpool fans and Neil Lennon has had to go after one bad season in an otherwise stellar domestic performance at Celtic.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

Corrected it for you.

No way is Hughton better than Ralph. Yes, there were things last night, and in other games, that didn't go right.

But to suggest we're in meltdown and need to throw out bathwater, baby and all is definitely over the top.

Nobody can surely deny that we are in meltdown.

• Like 1

Last night we could easily have been 3 up at half time, had Vestie not flicked that header, Tella put his laces through it, Bertrand made a decent chest trap or the ref not been daydreaming when we took the quick free kick.  If Tella was more of a look alike for Martial we might even have had a penalty.  

2nd half we have a decent attack, Leeds break through out press and Roberts has loads of time to pick out Bamford. Should McCarthy have done better, probably, but Forster would still have been half way down when it went in. 

After that we   huffed and puffed a bit but Leeds kept breaking  having 2 wingers hugging  the touch line as an easy out, with our full backs tucking in to give them space. Maybe one of the CM's should have held back from pressing so high to provide extra cover. The warning signs where there when Romeu had to make that amazing tackle in the first half . 

Lets hope we try something different  on Monday, not that I can bring myself to watch. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

But do we get rid and risk another Puel/Pellegrino? Rather stick with Ralph than that.

I remember when Puel was in charge a home game against Crystal Palace. The half-time score was 0-0. After the break, Puel made a clever tactical change that had us playing the ball on the ground in Palace's box rather than whizzing crosses in because their players were bigger and more physical than ours so we stood little chance of winning aerial duels. We came away 3-0 winners in a tactical masterclass by the dour Frenchman. 0-0 at HT, 3-0 at FT, we did to Palace what Leeds did to us yesterday.

When was the last time Ralph got his tactics right? When was the last time we scored a second-half goal under Ralph, not to mention 3?

Puel > Ralph

The club would need to be torn up and start again as we are the Ralph experiment. The whole club is geared to his ideas.

It would be mad to let him go, Im fully behind him but I do feel we were reckless allowing full backs and midfielders to go out on loan with no backup. Ok they may not be Ralph's men but they could well have filled in to stop having to play Moussa as a midfielder trying to fil Romeu s boots or at full back.

Crazy.

• Like 2

Why, when Tella has not been good enough all season to start a game. was he overnight suddenly good enough to start? I know this was no why we lost .But still?

I have a feeling we will not be seeing much of Redmond in future. Poor Bednerack must be at a low ebb now being hung out to dry at right back.  With Romeo out I fee real

trouble ahead, especially with KWP out too. Everything seems to be conspiring against us injuries, VAR. Then whistle blowing  affair was the coup de grace.

What else can go wrong?

13 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

It wasn't a 3-0 game, but how quickly our heads dropped once again is the overriding issue for me.

We controlled the game for periods, without having much threat, but once we had some bits go against us we collapsed. As per usual.

Actually I don't think that's the case. Our reaction after the disallowed penalty, the disallowed goal and after going 1-0 down was actually pretty decent. It wasn't until they got the 2nd that we seemed to give up. I thought we had a good chance of getting back into it after their early 2nd half 1st goal. Until we went 2-0 down we actually played quite a decent game, and should have been 2 up at half-time, even without the disallowed goal, we completely dominated them without having too many clear-cut chances. Problem seems to be that Ralph/players don't seem to be able to adapt when the opposition tweaks things at half time, as they invariably do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

The club would need to be torn up and start again as we are the Ralph experiment. The whole club is geared to his ideas.

It would be mad to let him go, Im fully behind him but I do feel we were reckless allowing full backs and midfielders to go out on loan with no backup. Ok they may not be Ralph's men but they could well have filled in to stop having to play Moussa as a midfielder trying to fil Romeu s boots or at full back.

Crazy.

Ralph does make selection and tactical errors. He can be rigid in his formation and there isn't a clear plan B when things go wrong. 

But I haven't lost my faith in him or believing that he is the best Manager that we can get. We've been unlucky in recent weeks, but the biggest issue is that our squad isn't strong enough to lessen the blows from multiple injuries.

The limited depth of his squad in key positions means he is managing at a disadvantage against virtually every other Premier team. But he has demonstrated previously that he can recover from the depths of despair.

I don't believe any other available Manager (who we could attract and afford) would do any better. The situation with the squad is awful and it will take 1-2 more years to correct it. It might even get worse (Ings/Bertrand) before it gets better.  We could get relegated this year, but that still wouldn't make me believe that we'd find a better Manager, just that the unbalanced squad coupled with unfortunate injuries preventing us achieving what we are capable of under Ralph. 

Sometimes you just have to ride the storm and keep the faith. Let's get behind him and the team - he has a long term plan for the club. I for one hope that he is here to deliver it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shroppie said:

Corrected it for you.

Good try but wide of the mark.

How many more times will you "let him off" and when will it be too late?

6 minutes ago, WALK DMC said:

Ralph does make selection and tactical errors. He can be rigid in his formation and there isn't a clear plan B when things go wrong. 

But I haven't lost my faith in him or believing that he is the best Manager that we can get. We've been unlucky in recent weeks, but the biggest issue is that our squad isn't strong enough to lessen the blows from multiple injuries.

The limited depth of his squad in key positions means he is managing at a disadvantage against virtually every other Premier team. But he has demonstrated previously that he can recover from the depths of despair.

I don't believe any other available Manager (who we could attract and afford) would do any better. The situation with the squad is awful and it will take 1-2 more years to correct it. It might even get worse (Ings/Bertrand) before it gets better.  We could get relegated this year, but that still wouldn't make me believe that we'd find a better Manager, just that the unbalanced squad coupled with unfortunate injuries preventing us achieving what we are capable of under Ralph. 

Sometimes you just have to ride the storm and keep the faith. Let's get behind him and the team - he has a long term plan for the club. I for one hope that he is here to deliver it. 

Recovery from ‘depths of despair ‘ is perhaps not a great basis to build a case for giving Ralph yet more opportunities to recover from....

Two 9-0 s and the rest of the records and evidence leads you to question the basis for persisting ... If it doesn’t then would another 6, 7, 8 or 9 - 0 ? 

There has to be a line in the sand .... 

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights back and the disallowed Adams goal seems really tight. In live play I had thought the ref had not blown the whistle and JWP took the kick early. However, on a closer look it seemed like JWP started to run towards the ball then the whistle came just a fraction before he played the ball through to Adams. It's certainly close. Would love to see a replay using the 'snickometer' technology used in cricket where the stump mic picks up sound and they play back the picture with the sound-wave. Being honest I now think the goal should have been given.

Edited by Teddeer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Just watched the highlights back and the disallowed Adams goal seems really tight. In live play I had thought the ref had not blown the whistle and JWP took the kick early. However, on a closer look it seemed like JWP started to run towards the ball then the whistle came just a fraction before he played the ball through to Adams. It's certainly close. Would love to see a replay using the 'snick' technology used in cricket where the stump mic picks up sound and they play back the picture with the sound-wave. Being honest I now think the goal should have been given.

The ref admitted he blew as the kick was taken but then changed his mind and blew again as he decided he wasn't ready.

That really is wrong.

11 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

The ref admitted he blew as the kick was taken but then changed his mind and blew again as he decided he wasn't ready.

That really is wrong.

That is a farce. What Mariner is really saying is that he realised when he blew originally that Leeds weren't ready. If he blows the whistle he is ready because he is the one doing the blowing. Another ridiculous decision that's gone against us. Who knows what the outcome would have been but we would sure as Hell rather have gone in at half time one nil up than level. How can referees continue to get away with spouting these bizarre excuses. I blew the whistle but realised I wasn't ready to blow the whistle. You really couldn't make this stuff up.

Edited by Teddeer
  • Like 2

Hi

My first post although enjoy following the often highly intelligent critiques. Sad to see how much bad language has become routine for some posters. I guess I am old and old fashioned but I still find the use of the c-word and f-word rather offensive. However it’s probably a good barometer of the anger and frustration of Saints supporters reinforced by COVID weariness. 
Anyway for what it’s worth here’s my take

1 Saints are very watchable going forward

2 we lack effective strikers-Danny was great but seems to have lost the edge of late- Adams is a great guy and does a lot of useful off the ball stuff but he.is largely ineffective as a striker. I look back fondly on some really effective strikers of the past, with head or foot, but we have been lacking in that department since we sold off our best players

3 I think defence is an equal problem. I’m massively impressed by Walker Peters so his absence is a big blow. Western award has really come on leaps and bounds this season but he’s still slow on the ground. 
4. I know what zonal marking is but how is it sensible not to man mark attackers. We keep seeing opponents unmarked in space or running through with no one to battle to get them blocked off. 
5 Goalie is ok but nothing very special. Should FF get another chance.

6. Although he had critics how did we sell a full back to Villa who has held his place and performed well in matches I have seen.

7  some players need a bit of a rocket as they amble about. Our left back must hold a record for time taken to complete a throw-in. Where’s the sense of urgency?

8. Ralph- a good man with feelings. Is he good enough by himself? I note that Newcastle have transformed since Jones joined Bruce....

Just my thoughts. Full respect to other people’s views. 

John- fond memories of Orient away match 1966!

• Like 2

I do not want Ralph to be sacked because of the following;

1. He hasn’t been backed in the transfer market and I truly believe he needs an opportunity to bring in his players.

2. Our coaching set up is bizarre with 2 goal keepers involved in outfield tactical decisions. 

I wonder if Ralph does walk or pushed who we go for.. personally I’d go for Barnsley manager Valerien Ismael due to his style of play. Very much front foot, pressing. He’d be cheap also I’d imagine.

3 hours ago, Shroppie said:

I can. It's this forum in meltdown. Don't confuse it with reality.

So what is the reality?  Everything's rosy, our form is not bad,  the players are full of confidence and this is merely a minor blip, it's all VARs fault, we are on track for a European place.  Given the records that we are currently breaking you can appreciate why people go into meltdown. 

As a long time supporter I actually expect us to win nothing every season, not a thing.  But ffs, at least have some pride in the shirt you wear, when it gets tough show some bollux.  We are far too soft and right now everybody wants to play us because we are an easy touch.  I don't actually think we will go down, but some of the performances and results have been nothing short of embarrassing. 

So I'm off to quietly meltdown until we are back to the safety of champion league places, and the elephant in the room makes a resurgence. 

51 minutes ago, captainchris said:

Recovery from ‘depths of despair ‘ is perhaps not a great basis to build a case for giving Ralph yet more opportunities to recover from....

Two 9-0 s and the rest of the records and evidence leads you to question the basis for persisting ... If it doesn’t then would another 6, 7, 8 or 9 - 0 ? 

Of course, the danger of making decisions based on a short term period is that it can lead to knee-jerk reactions and mistakes. There are clearly mitigating reasons why we have performed poorly in the last 6 weeks, mostly key injuries. Even the 9-0 can be explained (I was more annoyed by the Newcastle game). However, you're right that at some point there has be a time when a change needs to be made, my argument is that it is too early to do that because of a (very) bad run. If Man United or Saints hadn't stood by Ferguson or Lawrie, history could have been very different. Be brave, but also think back and use the statistics over a much longer period:  Look at the 2020 calendar year:   34 games, 5th ranking in the Premier league. above Spurs, Everton etc.   Doesn't that count for something ?  Clearly that was over achieving, but I'm not aware of any of the other Manager who could have achieved the same with so little investment. 

So yes, you're right - results are key, but don't judge Ralph on the last 6 weeks - Consider both our results and our performances in the previous 12 months. They are outstanding.    That's why I will continue to keep the faith and not support knee jerk reactions for changing our Manager. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Micky said:

So what is the reality?  Everything's rosy, our form is not bad,  the players are full of confidence and this is merely a minor blip, it's all VARs fault, we are on track for a European place.  Given the records that we are currently breaking you can appreciate why people go into meltdown. 

As a long time supporter I actually expect us to win nothing every season, not a thing.  But ffs, at least have some pride in the shirt you wear, when it gets tough show some bollux.  We are far too soft and right now everybody wants to play us because we are an easy touch.  I don't actually think we will go down, but some of the performances and results have been nothing short of embarrassing. 

So I'm off to quietly meltdown until we are back to the safety of champion league places, and the elephant in the room makes a resurgence. 

You've perfectly demonstrated meltdown. Thank you.

Yes we have problems. Yes, we're on a bad run. No, I'm not happy. But I trust the club and Ralph far more than the opinions on this forum when it comes to solutions.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WALK DMC said:

Of course, the danger of making decisions based on a short term period is that it can lead to knee-jerk reactions and mistakes. There are clearly mitigating reasons why we have performed poorly in the last 6 weeks, mostly key injuries. Even the 9-0 can be explained (I was more annoyed by the Newcastle game). However, you're right that at some point there has be a time when a change needs to be made, my argument is that it is too early to do that because of a (very) bad run. If Man United or Saints hadn't stood by Ferguson or Lawrie, history could have been very different. Be brave, but also think back and use the statistics over a much longer period:  Look at the 2020 calendar year:   34 games, 5th ranking in the Premier league. above Spurs, Everton etc.   Doesn't that count for something ?  Clearly that was over achieving, but I'm not aware of any of the other Manager who could have achieved the same with so little investment. 

So yes, you're right - results are key, but don't judge Ralph on the last 6 weeks - Consider both our results and our performances in the previous 12 months. They are outstanding.    That's why I will continue to keep the faith and not support knee jerk reactions for changing our Manager. 

Totally agree with this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Good try but wide of the mark.

How many more times will you "let him off" and when will it be too late?

I will give you some slack as you seem to be of old age but if you have been following Saints ( although are you not an Arsenal fan?)a long time you should know the folly of changing managers on our budget. Chris 'watching paint dry' Hughton FFS I despair

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Teddeer said:

Just watched the highlights back and the disallowed Adams goal seems really tight. In live play I had thought the ref had not blown the whistle and JWP took the kick early. However, on a closer look it seemed like JWP started to run towards the ball then the whistle came just a fraction before he played the ball through to Adams. It's certainly close. Would love to see a replay using the 'snickometer' technology used in cricket where the stump mic picks up sound and they play back the picture with the sound-wave. Being honest I now think the goal should have been given.

And don't forget that sound travels at about 1100 feet per second so the sound that you hear is after the picture.

59 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

That really is wrong.

More than wrong. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

That is a farce. What Mariner is really saying is that he realised when he blew originally that Leeds weren't ready. If he blows the whistle he is ready because he is the one doing the blowing. Another ridiculous decision that's gone against us. Who knows what the outcome would have been but we would sure as Hell rather have gone in at half time one nil up than level. How can referees continue to get away with spouting these bizarre excuses. I blew the whistle but realised I wasn't ready to blow the whistle. You really couldn't make this stuff up.

you could see in Mariners face that he realised he had made a mistake. Sadly Leeds TV (Sky ) sided with him. The Leeds player pundit was keen to say he was right and SOURness backed him up.v I had to turn the volume down as the commentators were getting right on my nerves

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

You can't start a game with Adams, Redmond and Tella (who actually did ok) when you look at our recent form. If it had been a cup game against a league one team, then maybe, but not away at Leeds FFS.
Ralph looks like a man who has run out of ideas. That starting line up tonight just looked desperate. 
Djenepo was man of the match on Saturday. His work rate was superb. What does Ralph do? Stick him on the bench. Minamino has scored 2 in 3. What does Ralph do, stick him on the bench. There's an argument for resting Ings, but you don't replace all 3 of them with 3 players who don't score goals and who've never started a competitive game together. Now isn't the time to start experimenting. 
Based on recent form, Djenepo & Minamino should have started instead of Redmond and Tella.

I will be amazed if we stay up this season. If we do then we're only delaying the inevitable. I don't see Ralph, Ings, JWP, KWP Bertie or Vestergaard being there next season.

A mate thinks we should make a move for Eddie Howe before he goes to Palace. My argument is this... Why on earth would he or any other credible manager come to Saints, with a board that couldn't give a f**k and no money to buy what's needed to compete at this level?

Minamino is Mr Invisible. Yes he has scored 2 decent goals I give you that, but at present he is hardly an answer to what we need.

27 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

You've perfectly demonstrated meltdown. Thank you.

Yes we have problems. Yes, we're on a bad run. No, I'm not happy. But I trust the club and Ralph far more than the opinions on this forum when it comes to solutions.

You're welcome.  I have no issues with losing, more than used to that.  But the manner in which you lose games is important if you want to promote recovery.  Let's see what signs of recovery we show at Goodison on Monday.  Thank you. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maggie May said:

Anyone else think the players’ heads have dropped somewhat due to some of the appalling refereeing decisions that went against us in recent games? It could have been a much rosier picture. 

Of course - they are only human. They must wonder what else can go against them after yesterdays fiasco of a ref.. Route one in future please Ralph

6 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

D) Chris Houghton

E) Eddie Howe

Nigel Pearson has just joined one of our rivals for next season (Bristol City) and isn't available. Keep up!! 🙄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, captainchris said:

For starters it shouldn't be drawn until the table reads P38, or in the unlikely even that we actually look like slipping into the relegation zone and things are really bad....

If we lost another game 6/7/8 nill this season but finished top 10 or top 8 would you still sack him? Or equally came 12th and reached a cup final?

To our reactionary fans - the ones who were over the moon until Christmas - is it Ralphs fault that we're losing (on average) a goal a game (+) to bad refereeing decisions? Or that the club has no money and a tiny squad? Or limited access to treatment rooms and some very bad luck with injuries? Or all of the above coinciding with the better / form teams in the league? It seems very harsh to blame / sack him just yet imo.

Edited by Saint86

1 minute ago, cloggy saint said:

It's a long shot but I suppose Bristol City could get promoted.

They're 7 points off a sinking Bournemouth in 6th... Its more likely than saints failing to get circa 6 points from 39points - there, I've said it. 🙈

28 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

For starters it shouldn't be drawn until the table reads P38, or in the unlikely even that we actually look like slipping into the relegation zone and things are really bad....

If we lost another game 6/7/8 nill this season but finished top 10 or top 8 would you still sack him? Or equally came 12th and reached a cup final?

To our reactionary fans - the ones who were over the moon until Christmas - is it Ralphs fault that we're losing (on average) a goal a game (+) to bad refereeing decisions? Or that the club has no money and a tiny squad? Or limited access to treatment rooms and some very bad luck with injuries? Or all of the above coinciding with the better / form teams in the league? It seems very harsh to blame / sack him just yet imo.

Hardly ‘Harsh’ sir .. 

That is quite an excuse list you have compiled....
If not ‘just yet’ the time is perilously close.... 

Before any new players or Manager are brought in one fundamental aspect of the club has to change. 
Ambition. If we are not aiming for the top then we are saying we accept mediocrity and that can lead to relegation. From the Chairman down it has to be a win at all costs mentality and I am not hearing or seeing that from our Chairman so the whole club is in a comfort zone as expectations are very low. In competitive sport that will not do.....

2 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

And don't forget that sound travels at about 1100 feet per second so the sound that you hear is after the picture.

More than wrong. 

I thought that he first blew the whistle when the ball was about half way to Che and then blew it again just before he put it in the net to bring back play?

8 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

D) Chris Houghton

E) Eddie Howe

Ask Tony Pulis and we'll end up with his son as our new manager.

• Haha 1

I do like Eddie Howe, and if the situation was different ie: trying to get promoted I’d happily welcome him on board, however his Bournemouth side was assembled at great cost, with some very expensive signings and players on ridiculous wages and they still went down. He won’t get that sort of financial backing here.

Didnt they get in trouble for breaching FFP under him too?