Leeds 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

I enjoyed watching us a few months back, but now it’s agony and I hate it, so much so that I forgot this game started at 6pm.

Nice surprise though, to see we are still free falling and absolutely atrocious, when I thought we were going to have a comfortable season when we sat top, all those weeks ago, sigh.

Absolutely  disgusting performance once again... this is a Leeds team that concede goals for fun and we’re toothless. I can’t see us getting anything from our next few games and we are going to be getting pulled right into a mess. 
allowing fullbacks to leave on loan is looking like a proper heads gone decision.. no idea where we go now!!!! 

• Like 3

This second half has been truly horrific. There is a growing pattern of us looking a nice tidy side in the first half of games (without actually ever looking that dangerous and with the odd VAR injustice thrown in), and then coming out looking utter dogshit in the second half. We need a win and quickly, because this is just crap.

• Like 3

We never have a focal point to our attack. If Che is holding up the ball and laying it off then there’s inevitably no one in the box. Ings the same, he pulls deep or wide and there’s fuck all going forwards.

Combine that with being fragile as fuck and we’re done.

Contract talks should be on hold for everyone. Bertrand and McCarthy definitely don’t need extension 

Just now, egg said:

Find from where?!?! 

We've got what we've got. 

And it's shit. 

I don't know. I don't much care at this stage today. Bednarek is a great defender but a terrible full back. All of our attack comes down the left which makes us easy to defend against, and he's constantly targeted with long balls and pacey wingers.

Play Jankewitz and Armstrong in midfield with JWP right back.

• Haha 1

Just now, igsey said:

I don't know. I don't much care at this stage today. Bednarek is a great defender but a terrible full back. All of our attack comes down the left which makes us easy to defend against, and he's constantly targeted with long balls and pacey wingers.

That's the first 8o seconds sorted, but then what ?

• Haha 3

Shaking head shaking head. I've invested too much emotional energy into this Saints side.

I get what Ralph was trying to do saving up the firepower for the second half but the minute we let that first goal in (crap missed tackle Vestergard and no save from McCarthy) that plan was done. 1 point out of the last 24 on offer.  

Gotta realise we are relegation form and heading into that scrap. This was the game we had to win - or at least not lose. Fail big time.

• Like 1

Just now, igsey said:

Once Leeds realised they could lob it over his head and run into the space behind it was only a matter of time before they scored. Not his fault, he just isn't a full back.

We're screwed in that position without Walker Peters and if Romeu is out for any length of time with Diallo then we're fucked in central midfield too which is probably more worrying.

• Like 2

You have to be a special type of shit to not at least score against Leeds, so this diabolical 'team' can take that accolade on top of all the others over the last 4 years. Congrats. Moan at someone about that Redmond.

Does anyone see what people are saying about our ‘heads dropping’ now? The shit mentality of our players? Look at it – bit of adversity, we absolutely implode and sink into our own skin. The make up of this squad is wrong, the personalities are wrong, it's all wrong. 

Not enough purpose in our attacking, not enough clear-cut opportunities. Didn’t really force their keeper into too many saves, didn’t make their defenders panic enough. Leeds didn’t play that well, but they created at least 10 clear cut chances to our 1? 2 at a push. Nowhere near good enough.

I don’t want Redmond at my club anymore, truth be told. I think he is a truly diabolical player. Adams has dropped back to ‘no goals’ mode as well, he looks equally as diabolical. Could do with a season on loan in the Championship, but he’s our focal point next year so we might as well get used to it.

Poor in defence, poor in goal, poor in attack. There is genuinely nothing functioning with us at the moment, it all feels very broken. Thank fuck we picked up those points at the start of the season.

Overall, we have pissed what could have been a decent season into a season of absolute pointless nothingness, swimming around in the dank swamp of Newcastle/Palace etc. Great fun. Another truly miserable season under Gao's tenure, but apparently he's a good owner.

I'd say bring on next season, but I'm dreading it. I think 2020 was as good as it's going to get for us for a very long time.

• Like 6

Just now, Chapel End said:

Poor Ralf, no backing from club, no spines in the team, no quality anywhere...Relegation next season is odds on

Next season? We lose on Saturday and Fulham win they are only five points behind us. Can't see us winning another match the way we are playing at the moment. Something needs to change and fast.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Leeds 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic