The Royal Family

whelk

51 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

When I heard that Piers Morgan would not longer be on GMB, I wondered how the show we look in the immediate term.

Terrible this morning.  The lovely Suzanna is used to just nodding and sucking her teeth, but instead has to lead the show (and not very good at all).

Im sure it will get better.

Ravi is on there so she helps with viewing, plus ticks a few PC boxes 

8 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

What is broken cannot be put back together. She has burnt his bridges for him which is what I suspect is the motive for this whole megawhinge. 

At no point did Oprah say “So what’s your point?” Leave them to fester away in increasing obscurity and irrelevance.

Nothing stopping him coming back home and doing what he wants though, if that's what he chooses to do.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Ravi is on there so she helps with viewing, plus ticks a few PC boxes 

Ranvir, Susanna, Hawkins and Tobin

Truly something for every taste

Personally 

1. Hawkins - class

2. Ranvir - filth

3. Susanna - fading but still got it

4. Tobin - needs a hot meal

12 hours ago, buctootim said:

Why? If you're a Brit maybe. If you're a mixed race American growing up in California why the fuck would she?   

She didn't get dragged into the cathedral one day to marry into the royal family with no clue who anyone is or where she was. She was dating a prince ffs, you think it was never mentioned or her and her mates never googled him and saw the incredible scrutiny that the family constantly find themselves under?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

Ranvir, Susanna, Hawkins and Tobin

Truly something for every taste

Personally 

1. Hawkins - class

2. Ranvir - filth

3. Susanna - fading but still got it

4. Tobin - needs a hot meal

Tobin seems a bit naughty and fun to me, out of all of them she's the one that's girlfriend material. 

Edited by Turkish

4 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

She didn't get dragged into the cathedral one day to marry into the royal family with no clue who anyone is or where she was. She was dating a prince ffs, you think it was never mentioned or her and her mates never googled him and saw the incredible scrutiny that the family constantly find themselves under?

She's full of shit!

Growing up, she always wanted to be a princess :

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2018081361135/meghan-markle-princess-old-blog/

years before the Duchess of Sussex even met her new husband, Prince Harry, she revealed that she wanted to be a Princess when she was growing up on her now-shut down lifestyle blog, The Tig. Writing about wanting to be a powerful figure back in 2014, she explained: "Little girls dream of being princesses.

And as for Timmy's " If you're a mixed race American growing up in California why the fuck would she?", that's a pile of horseshit as well!

From the same article linked above :

Incredibly, the 37-year-old also referred to the media attention surrounding Prince William and Kate's wedding back in 2011, her future brother and sister-in-law, writing: "Grown women seem to retain this childhood fantasy. Just look at the pomp and circumstance surrounding the royal wedding and endless conversation about Princess Kate." 

So she knew full well what the media attention would be like without having to Google Harry!

About as far from Timmy's idea of a mixed race, know nothing growing up in a hick town in California as you can get.

She was a reasonably succesful actess in her previous life so would have had an inkling as to media attention FFS!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

She's full of shit!

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2018081361135/meghan-markle-princess-old-blog/

And as for Timmy's " If you're a mixed race American growing up in California why the fuck would she?", that's a pile of horseshit as well!

So she knew full well what the media attention would be like without having to Google Harry!

About as far from Timmy's idea of a mixed race, know nothing growing up in a hick town in California as you can get.

She was a reasonably succesful actess in her previous life so would have had an inkling as to media attention FFS!

I guess it wasn't quite what she was expecting, she's not the first Royal to have issues.

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

She's full of shit!

In a class of your own special as always. Just about all little girls growing up want to be a princess just like lots of boys want to be policemen. Oddly the reality of breaking up fights, getting abused and having sick on you on a Saturday night doesnt live up to the dream. Nor does being a Princess apparently.     

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Can you lot wind your necks in and carry on with the topic about your favourite female presenters?

I think if all were in their prime would be Kirsty Young or maybe Selina Scott. 
Intelligence is an aphrodisiac

Kirsty Wark is ferociously intelligent and not been mentioned yet. Maitliss isn’t my sort. Or Cathy Newman - seems too up tight although do like curls as a rule.

And forgot about Kate Silverton - capable of filth I think

13 minutes ago, whelk said:

I think if all were in their prime would be Kirsty Young or maybe Selina Scott. 
Intelligence is an aphrodisiac

Kirsty Wark is ferociously intelligent and not been mentioned yet. Maitliss isn’t my sort. Or Cathy Newman - seems too up tight although do like curls as a rule.

And forgot about Kate Silverton - capable of filth I think

Cant believe Selina Scott is 69, a quick google images search and she's still hot not. Wark, Maitliss, Newman, not for me or that Steph that used to be on the BBC in the mornings now got her own lunch time show. Kate Silverton, oh yes.

Katie Durham and Nina Hossain are honourable mentions as well

4 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

Why is wondering aloud the colour of someone's as-yet-unborn offspring a sin? Why is it racist? Are we not allowed to wonder aloud about anything any more? Incidentally I'm a "person of colour" (if it matters, not that I think it should). 

Indeed.
What category would it fall into if someone in the Royal household had asked Harry...'Do you think your offspring will be a Ginger like you and your Dad?...

4 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

Why is wondering aloud the colour of someone's as-yet-unborn offspring a sin? Why is it racist? Are we not allowed to wonder aloud about anything any more? Incidentally I'm a "person of colour" (if it matters, not that I think it should). 

true. Some friends of our have a very fair skinned daughter, the mum is mixed race, the dad is blonde, it's often commented on how light skinned the daughter is but no one says that's racist, so why is it when it's the other way round? i'm with you, none of it should matter but with everyone in a rush to be offended these days then unfortunately people like as are a minority. 

1 hour ago, buctootim said:

In a class of your own special as always. Just about all little girls growing up want to be a princess just like lots of boys want to be policemen. Oddly the reality of breaking up fights, getting abused and having sick on you on a Saturday night doesnt live up to the dream. Nor does being a Princess apparently.     

That's a night in with Princess Margaret and the Queen mum.

3 hours ago, buctootim said:

You must have grown up with some weird kids, I didn’t know one kid who wanted to be a policeman. I bet when the neighbourhood nippers were  playing cowboys and Indians, you always dressed up as the  diversity officer campaigning for native Americans rights, and better conditions on the reservation. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, buctootim said:

Jesus wept :mcinnes:

In the same week that we have International Women's day, you are trotting out this complete bollocks.

Frankly, it's this mysogyny that has kept women and girls repressed for centuries.  You should be ashamed of your outdated attitudes - especially the ones where you arbitrarily assign a gender to those wishing to become princesses.

I only wish you'd tell us more about how a mixed race person growing up in California couldn't possibly know anything about the British Royal Family, that one was a classic.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You must have grown up with some weird kids, I didn’t know one kid who wanted to be a policeman. I bet when the neighbourhood nippers were  playing cowboys and Indians, you always dressed up as the  diversity officer campaigning for native Americans rights, and better conditions on the reservation. 

Don’t forget the construction worker and the biker dude, they were there too.

8 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

It’s all about the context though isn’t it, ‘concerns’ about colour is different to ‘wondering’ about colour.

Only the people involved can say really, it could have been a harmless comment taken the wrong way, or it could have been racist. It’s obvious which one Harry and Megan thought it was.

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

The diversity officer always got the chicks

4 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Alright, now for an inside track on William & Harry. Allegedly William was porking one of Harry's friends (not Waity Katy), which led to a major falling out. Our William is a bit of a lad, apparently....

Just like his father and grandfather then.

12 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

Alright, now for an inside track on William & Harry. Allegedly William was porking one of Harry's friends (not Waity Katy), which led to a major falling out. Our William is a bit of a lad, apparently....

Just a heads up. Repeating shite you read on the net whilst off your face on cheap booze does not constitute an inside track.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Baird of the land said:

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

How do you know, who fingered her?

Sounds like the sort of conversation you might overhear at school on a Monday that leads to safeguarding being alerted

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Winnersaint said:

Sounds like the sort of conversation you might overhear at school on a Monday that leads to safeguarding being alerted

Fingering Princess Anne isn’t something I want to have in my head

On the cards for a while, still a sad day. Whatever anyone thinks and whatever stupid things he's said, the guy renounced his royal heritage in two other nations and gave up a career in the navy to marry and stand by the Queen, and then went on to do an enormous amount of charity work throughout his life right up until a couple of years ago. If you look at everything he's done and the differences he's made, be leaves behind an incredible legacy. 

RIP. 

49 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

On the cards for a while, still a sad day. Whatever anyone thinks and whatever stupid things he's said, the guy renounced his royal heritage in two other nations and gave up a career in the navy to marry and stand by the Queen, and then went on to do an enormous amount of charity work throughout his life right up until a couple of years ago. If you look at everything he's done and the differences he's made, be leaves behind an incredible legacy. 

RIP. 

Yes, he could certainly be a role model for Harry and Megain.