Coronavirus

whelk

He is a great illustration of how someone who is revered for something that they have done in the past can tarnish that reputation with a new set of actions after the original career has gone.  I wonder how far he would have to go to be dropped by the club.  I'm in the camp of loved what he did on the pitch, but can't respect him as a person, just as I wouldn't respect someone in the pub who was spouting crazy antivax / conspiracy theory views.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JRM said:

Why would it matter if he wasn't? 

If those who are worried have the jab they don't need to worry about him do they

People like to scoff and patronise with flippant comments about conspiracy theories, I don't doubt that covid is real but there's plenty about this pandemic that just does not make sense, 3 week lockdown to "protect the NHS" still a year on, businesses destroyed,  national debt sky high, nothing wrong questioning the motives of WEF etc. The Great Reset, Build Back Better. 

He's still number one Saints legend. 

I do.

I'm a leukaemia survivor, I've had the vaccine but there is real doubt whether my damaged immune system will make antibodies. This damned virus could kill me. I cannot afford to have unvaccinated people around me so that means no trips to St Mary's via the pub, no eating inside restaurants etc if the anti-vaxxer message gets any traction. I loved MLT as a footballer, but now he is a f##king disgrace. 

Edited by waylander
typo
  • Like 14

On 19/03/2021 at 07:56, whelk said:

Are you sure all you under 50s who got the call up aren’t little chubsters that your GP might be worried about?

I reckon you could be right. I’m under fifty and built like a Greek Olympian, no sign of an appointment yet.

Wonder what Matt would do if Saints also adopted a similar policy, and requested that fans attending games either had proof of a vaccine or proof of a negative covid test before attending matches at SMS. 

I assume he gets everything off the club for free, so wouldn't be able to play the "wont be getting a penny more from me" card, but it would put him in a bit of a quandary surely! 

On 19/03/2021 at 07:00, JRM said:

If those who are worried have the jab they don't need to worry about him do they. 

People like to scoff and patronise with flippant comments about conspiracy theories, I don't doubt that covid is real but there's plenty about this pandemic that just does not make sense, 3 week lockdown to "protect the NHS" still a year on, businesses destroyed,  national debt sky high, nothing wrong questioning the motives of WEF etc. The Great Reset, Build Back Better. 

Jesus f**king christ. We need a facepalm emoji on the reactions for sh*t like this.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2021 at 23:00, JRM said:

If those who are worried have the jab they don't need to worry about him do they. 

Let me guess. You voted Brexit.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus

Radio 4 just mentioned that German health officials are having to search their records for people with ‘old sounding’ names to vaccinate, as due to data protection legislation they are not allowed to search by age.

No idea if true or not, but mad anyway.

Edited by Plastic

10 minutes ago, Plastic said:

Radio 4 just mentioned that German health officials are having to search their records for people with ‘old sounding’ names to vaccinate, as due to data protection legislation they are not allowed to search by age.

No idea if true or not, but mad anyway.

Old story with only a grain of truth. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/15/german-covvaccine-officials-play-name-game-to-comply-with-data-privacy-laws

2.24million vaccines in last 3 days - each day breaking previous record. Had mine yesterday. No side effects whatsoever and don’t know if that is indication that may have already had it?

weekend figures but only 33 deaths does seem like we are out of it,

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/970505/COVID-19_AstraZeneca_Vaccine_Analysis_Print.pdf

Some absolute crackers in here, including 8 cases of erectile dysfunction (thankfully reported as non-fatal) and one woman who reported that the vaccine gave her bigger tits.

Lol. Honourable mention to the one case of yellow teeth and 5 cases of bad breath.  

7 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/970505/COVID-19_AstraZeneca_Vaccine_Analysis_Print.pdf

Some absolute crackers in here, including 8 cases of erectile dysfunction (thankfully reported as non-fatal) and one woman who reported that the vaccine gave her bigger tits.

That is fantastic. I had mine about 4 weeks ago, it made me sleep for about 2 days (like most others I know), but that's it.  I love how some of this crap comes up.

On 20/03/2021 at 11:16, Marsdinho said:

Wonder what Matt would do if Saints also adopted a similar policy, and requested that fans attending games either had proof of a vaccine or proof of a negative covid test before attending matches at SMS. 

I assume he gets everything off the club for free, so wouldn't be able to play the "wont be getting a penny more from me" card, but it would put him in a bit of a quandary surely! 

I seriously doubt that - I have been employed by several companies in the past, and get nothing free from any of them.

13 minutes ago, Plastic said:

Given that the poorer countries have extremely limited vaccine development, production and administration programmes and are massively reliant on richer countries to take on that burden for them; no we aren’t greedy or selfish. To claim otherwise would be like giving a tramp £20 and have him say, "oh yeah sure, you make sure you’ve paid all your own rent, food and bills, then give me leftovers."

8 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Given that the poorer countries have extremely limited vaccine development, production and administration programmes and are massively reliant on richer countries to take on that burden for them; no we aren’t greedy or selfish. To claim otherwise would be like giving a tramp £20 and have him say, "oh yeah sure, you make sure you’ve paid all your own rent, food and bills, then give me leftovers."

I would rather live in a world that did all it could to take care of the homeless, not just bung them a few quid and tell them to shut up.

There is a valid argument that we should vaccine ourselves first and get the economy back on track so we are better positioned to help the rest of the World, if that’s the plan then fair enough. But this will need a global solution because otherwise if some countries are left to rot it’s just going to mutate and put us all back to square one this winter.

Interesting research I read earlier (cant remember source now, sorry) that the common cold rhinoviruses can outcompete coronavirus preventing people getting infected with corona and evicting it from cells even after it has started to colonise. Could potentially have implications for lockdown  

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

£5k fines for going on holiday running into July even though we were told by June we'd have all our freedoms back. 

Was just wondering earlier exactly where the 'snap' point of public consent would be. Cant help thinking that might be it 

7 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Was just wondering earlier exactly where the 'snap' point of public consent would be. Cant help thinking that might be it 

Seems to me like they are setting us up for another extension. Chris Witty warning there will be another serge with new variants being the problem. We've been here before haven't we. Promise something then drip feed bad news to see how the public responds. 

Edited by Turkish

Here we go again, round and round. Suppose we should have seen this coming when Sunak extended free money until September. 

If we're so worried about variants then we'll never come out of lockdown, this virus isn't going anywhere any time soon, so a life of nothing beckons if some of the scientists, who are clearly enjoying their new found limelight, have their way. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

£5k fines for going on holiday running into July even though we were told by June we'd have all our freedoms back. 

Sadly, I don’t believe that we will ever get our freedom back. At least in the way that had it. 

The longer this goes on the more they realise that they can do what they want, including changing laws to suit their needs. Peaceful protests being on the list. 

It’s all quite sad really. 

6 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Here we go again, round and round. Suppose we should have seen this coming when Sunak extended free money until September. 

If we're so worried about variants then we'll never come out of lockdown, this virus isn't going anywhere any time soon, so a life of nothing beckons if some of the scientists, who are clearly enjoying their new found limelight, have their way. 

Yep, i wondered then and what was the point when we were meant to be free by then. They've said since the start every virus has mutations and 1000s of variants, now this scaremongering every time they find one is becoming very tiresome.

Edited by Turkish

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Seems to me like they are setting us up for another extension. Chris Witty warning there will be another serge with new variants being the problem. We've been here before haven't we. Promise something then drip feed bad news to see how the public responds. 

Seems to me to be a genuine split in Government about how hard / soft / pragmatic they should be. Obvs too soon to tell what outcome will be but I think they have to allow some kind of return of normality this summer - especially if new variants mean we are going to live with this for years   

18 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Interesting research I read earlier (cant remember source now, sorry) that the common cold rhinoviruses can outcompete coronavirus preventing people getting infected with corona and evicting it from cells even after it has started to colonise. Could potentially have implications for lockdown  

It's on the BBC website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56483445

The 'breaking point' is difficult to assess. If there is any sense that we are heading back into a stricter lockdown, I think people will quite rightly question why and for what reasons. The new variants are obviously a worry and a danger but evolutionary pressure on viruses means they tend to become more benign although possibly more infectious. 

I think this year foreign travel is to the standard European destinations may be difficult but for those who planning on going further afield, they may be in luck. 

7 minutes ago, edprice1984 said:

The 'breaking point' is difficult to assess. If there is any sense that we are heading back into a stricter lockdown, I think people will quite rightly question why and for what reasons. The new variants are obviously a worry and a danger but evolutionary pressure on viruses means they tend to become more benign although possibly more infectious. 

I think this year foreign travel is to the standard European destinations may be difficult but for those who planning on going further afield, they may be in luck. 

A problem i see it is there is no clear direction into what good looks like. On the one had they're congratulation themselves on the vaccine roll out, rightly so. Yet the next minute banning travel. We'll be at zero deaths before long the way it's dropping, we're at 0.25% positive tests a day, we've been told that we'll live like it with flu, with most of the vunerable vaccinated, low infections and hardly any deaths if that isn't living with it what is?

BBC news lead with Third wave warning yesterday on day when 17 deaths and US testing showed the AZ vaccine being superbly effective - shoved down the running. Their puppet masters are desperate to avoid complacency or optimism,

Don’t have issue with foreign travel ban and fine, Get it under control and we can be like NZ. We have only been hit so hard cos so many cunts can’t follow the rules in the name of their ‘freedoms’

Edited by whelk

1 hour ago, LGTL said:

Yeah...what the fuck have scientists ever done for mankind?!

31 minutes ago, whelk said:

BBC news lead with Third wave warning yesterday on day when 17 deaths and US testing showed the AZ vaccine being superbly effective - shoved down the running. Their puppet masters are desperate to avoid complacency or optimism,

Don’t have issue with foreign travel ban and fine, Get it under control and we can be like NZ. We have only been hit so hard cos so many cunts can’t follow the rules in the name of their ‘freedoms’

No problem with the travel ban if they hadn’t announced only a few weeks ago that everyone can travel from may. Dangling the carrot and moving the goalposts yet again.