Saints 3-1 Palace - Match Thread

Minsk

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

Ings toe poked the goal. The chance for Che at Liverpool springs to mind SKD, although this one was easier. 

Shows the difference, doesn’t it. Without ings tonight, I doubt we win this game. 2 goals I don’t know if any of our other forwards would have scored. 

• Like 1

Just now, SKD said:

Shows the difference, doesn’t it. Without ings tonight, I doubt we win this game. 2 goals I don’t know if any of our other forwards would have scored. 

Indeed. If Fulham had Ings no way they go down 

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Looks more motivated again. His head was definitely turned earlier in the season, but I'm wondering if he's realised that there won't be the suitors he thinks there will be. 

I disagree. He never looked like he was demotivated at all. Not once, in any game.

he got injured, when he returned he seemed to have lost his sharpness and fitness, which meant he wasn't taking half chances and he looked frustrated at himself and disappointed at the results.  Today, well he scores twice and looks happy as Larry. Who wouldnt?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

He looks all muscle though. Not a shape we’re used to seeing in footballers.

I’m sure he’s on a strict plan and is consistently monitored, but you’d have thought being that size, he’d lose his pace. Which is really his only attribute. 

1 minute ago, Chez said:

I disagree. He never looked like he was demotivated at all. Not once, in any game.

he got injured, when he returned he seemed to have lost his sharpness and fitness, which meant he wasn't taking half chances and he looked frustrated at himself and disappointed at the results.  Today, well he scores twice and looks happy as Larry. Who wouldnt?

There was definitely a period after his first injury where he started hanging round the edge of the box, demanding the ball and sulking if he didn't get it before just walking back. 

2 minutes ago, Antrimsaint said:

What the heck has happened to Diallo, where is he? I always thought he looked good when he’s been on 

He can play. don't worry about that, but he still has a but to learn about positional play. Armstrong has impressed down the middle, so he's the odd man out.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 Palace - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic