Saints 3-1 Palace - Match Thread

Minsk

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Give ings the deal he wants???

Pretty obvious that if he goes it won't be because we haven't offered him a couple of grand more.

If Tottenham want him and he wants to go to Tottenham, he'll go to Tottenham.

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

With a £20million release clause? You'd just be paying him extra money to still leave anyway.

means you get one more season and the £20m next summer I guess. Not a great deal for us, but he holds the cards.

• Like 1

Good result. Well done Forster, Salisu, Ings mainly. Che had a good game. Stephens not too bad. Armstrong excellent. Minamino absent. Redmond a bit wasteful. Table looks a LOT better. 

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

He’s looked the part in a couple of small cameos. Puts himself about a bit, quick and positionally decent. 

he has, but his first touch ain't great. That puts me off a lot. He's very basic. He does get in the right areas to score goals. He's young too...he's one more year, so we will need to see progression for him to ge a new deal.

Well, that was an actual comfortable, professional performance in the end.

Forget a new owner, manager, head of recruitment, ‘keeper, striker and LB. I’d forgo all of them for a decent psychologist/hypnotists who can get their flippin’ heads straight and play like that more often than not. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 Palace - Match Thread

40 Points! I think we're probably safe now.

Always feels good to get a win despite cheating antics from the opposition, played well and the third goal properly killed the game off.

It's a shame we had such a bad run the latter half of the season, our start had given us the chance to do something special, but at least it feels like we can properly start looking to next season now.

53 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

#oneeyed 

Saha didn’t give the penalty, the ref did. 

You chumps are so one eyed it’s ridiculous. Every penalty the opponent cheated, Var is against us, the refs are against us. Jokers 

Give it a rest mush,in your words...

You are talking Pony. 

No one says that

Usual praise for Walker-Peters, Prowse, Ings.  Adams also quality today.  Redmond good.  Salisu good.  Vest good.  

We should look to improve on Minamino and I don't think Theo is the answer.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danbert said:

Redmond, Adams, JWP and Ings were excellent

Bednarek Stephens and Vestergaard were poor - lots of unforced errors.

Obafemi looked dangerous and Salisu dependable.

Wait did you slip Redmond in there to see if anyone read this post 🤣

1 minute ago, LeG said:

Anyone else notice the implementation of a plan B. 3-4-3 when in posession. Nice switch up. Been working on that in training. Great win. 

We've done it a few times but only briefly, was nice to see it being given more of a chance. Salisu could be a key player in that he gives us the ability to switch more comfortably.

• Like 1

A good win but Palace have been on a similar run to Saints.  They managed to beat the bottom three, which has given them security.

I wouldn't be surprised if Palace are fighting with Saints to avoid the drop next year.

Just keep Ings for another year, and then wish him well. He'll keep us in the EPL so worth it.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

40 Points! I think we're probably safe now.

Always feels good to get a win despite cheating antics from the opposition, played well and the third goal properly killed the game off.

It's a shame we had such a bad run the latter half of the season, our start had given us the chance to do something special, but at least it feels like we can properly start looking to next season now.

So pay Ings whatever Ings wants. A £20,000 release clause is nothing. He is easily worth two players to our squad alone ,one on the pitch and also off it. Keep Insy and build a new squad around him, JWP, Armstrong, Salisu  and Romey. Yeah.

4 minutes ago, LeG said:

Anyone else notice the implementation of a plan B. 3-4-3 when in posession. Nice switch up. Been working on that in training. 

Yep, I posted about that during the game. Good to see some flexibility/fluidity

• Like 1

Thought we looked a much more compact side with Salisu on for Bednarek. His positional sense is so much better and he is far superior on the ball. Not sure how Minamino stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes. Overall a much improved performance and we shifted the ball around with good intent and purpose. Great move for Danny's second goal and Che's finish was very tidy and his assist for the 3rd goal was superb. Fraser did well and his penalty save was crucial as it would have been hard for us if Palace had gone in front again. Aside from Minamino I think everyone played well although Stevens had one of his customary brain farts but, in fairness, he did recover to make amends.

Edited by Teddeer
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1