Saints 3-1 Palace - Match Thread

Minsk

2 minutes ago, northam soul said:

Bednarek has been fucking woeful, he cannot handle Benteke.

I like Beddars as a general rule but he needs taking out of the firing line for a bit. Salisu has looked good when he's played, the pressure is off in terms of relegation no longer being possible, it seems an obvious switch to make.

• Like 1

Some real agendas with Redmond. He's been ok, pushing forward and causing issues. Silly tackle but Ings did that a few weeks ago and he doesn't get slated.

Adams is completely invisible, far bigger problem there imo.

• Like 2

Well... I heard the first goal on radio Solent as I arrived home, scrolled this thread to find a stream and saw the depressives at work and eventually found one on Firstrowsports after Ings' goal: "Southampton showing good intensity here".. :-). It was impressive how we streamed forward on that break but the positioning was crap, at least as bad as our 4 on 2 exercises at training tonight!

The stream dropped out for the penalty award but I got it back for the save. Perhaps I was lucky not to see the first 5 minutes!

Just now, suewhistle said:

Well... I heard the first goal on radio Solent as I arrived home, scrolled this thread to find a stream and saw the depressives at work and eventually found one on Firstrowsports after Ings' goal: "Southampton showing good intensity here".. :-). It was impressive how we streamed forward on that break but the positioning was crap, at least as bad as our 4 on 2 exercises at training tonight!

The stream dropped out for the penalty award but I got it back for the save. Perhaps I was lucky not to see the first 5 minutes!

Yep the first 5 were a bit of a shambles 

Just now, UpweySaint said:

Half time they are talking about how well Zaha did to 'win' the penalty by manufacturing contact. F*ck me can't we just call it is, cheating? Gamesmanship? Being a total c*nt?

And our players don’t? I don’t know what’s worse, players cheating or supporters making out other teams are different and somehow worse. They’re all fucking cheats, including ours. 

Just now, UpweySaint said:

Half time they are talking about how well Zaha did to 'win' the penalty by manufacturing contact. F*ck me can't we just call it is, cheating? Gamesmanship? Being a total c*nt?

What fucked me off, was he got up and walked away smirking.

Ings May as we’ll be playing up top on his own...Adams a ghost. Put Tella up with him and really change the pace of the game...he will supply Ings without fear. Redmond despite the defensive blunder is doing ok...just. Overall I just wish we’d play the ball a little f-Ing faster!

5 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Agreed. Some fans just don’t like him. Makes no sense to me.

The thing with Redmond is he plays a lot when his form doesn't warrant it.

Hardly scores

Hardly assists

Blames everyone else

Isn't going to improve after 4yrs

Edit - I'm claiming credit for a 2nd half hatrick

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Haha 1

Behave! There’s no agenda against Redmond. He’s been better in this game but he’s been shocking for 90% of his games for us. I guess it’s not really his fault that we haven’t got anyone better but that doesn’t disguise how poor he’s been.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, warsash saint said:

How long have you been reading this forum? - this place has been bed wetters re-united for as long as i can remember!

Tbh not going to games means I’ve indulge too much in these threads that would not previously read other than a few aways

Edited by whelk

I’m disappointed with our lack of discipline; we give away too many soft free-kicks. However, after a disastrous first few minutes we have performed well, seem to be getting forward quicker and less of the sideways-sideways-forwards-back-back nonsense that has seemed to be our signature style for most of the last six months.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stknowle said:

I like Beddars as a general rule but he needs taking out of the firing line for a bit. Salisu has looked good when he's played, the pressure is off in terms of relegation no longer being possible, it seems an obvious switch to make.

Well that seemed obvious.

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

And our players don’t? I don’t know what’s worse, players cheating or supporters making out other teams are different and somehow worse. They’re all fucking cheats, including ours. 

Behave. I didn't say our players never cheat so drop the sanctimonious nonsense.

I would be embarrassed if one of our players did that too but let's not pretend Zaha is not a repeat offender. Bundles of talent and tricks but spends half his time winging or throwing himself to the ground. I fully reserve the right to consider him a bit of a knob while respecting his footballing skill.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, UpweySaint said:

it was a foul. Simple as that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chapel End said:

He got himself sent off, JWP was not the ref

#oneeyed 

Saha didn’t give the penalty, the ref did. 

You chumps are so one eyed it’s ridiculous. Every penalty the opponent cheated, Var is against us, the refs are against us. Jokers 

• Haha 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 Palace - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic