Saints 3-1 Palace - Match Thread

Minsk

1 minute ago, Saint_Jonny said:

What is this forums obsession with Jankewitz!? Why do you think he's done anything to warrant usurping an established player? Fucking maddening.

I believe it's because he's young and hungry. Also, he's one of our own. Plus, he hates Pompey.

Therefore a legend.

• Like 1

Happy with that team. Jankewitz has clearly burned his bridges or he’s off in the summer.

Minamino an odd one for me, I’d have liked to have seen Tella instead of him, and ideally Salisu in, but the rest is fine.

They’ve got a very attacked side out so should be a good game. 

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Suspicious that Liverpool supposedly tell us off with minamino and then he starts playing again. Hope we weren't bullied into it. 

I think it was a shit show from our beleaguered manager that he didnt play in the last game.  Just no consistency with Ralph.

• Haha 1

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Suspicious that Liverpool supposedly tell us off with minamino and then he starts playing again. Hope we weren't bullied into it. 

Think it’s highly likely, don’t we pay them less money if we play him too? Probably partly due to that. Cant imagine he’s playing because he’s the best option. He’s crap.  

• Like 1

So Ralph has his strongest side...let’s see what he can do. Something tells me we’ll still lose. Why? Because that’s the mentality around the squad, perhaps the entire club, at the moment. The way we play, tip tap practice pitch football...grown men playing a teenagers game. Jeez I’m not THAT disillusioned surely?!😳😂 In truth this could go any which way, so hey let’s say 3-1 win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I can’t possibly see how. I think Ralph’s just been rotating his squad and trying different options.

Just now, Lighthouse said:

Trivial point but when was the last time we had a gap this big between a pair of fixtures in a season. Palace was our opening game back in September and now our 4th from last.

The only thing I could think of is a game after the season restarted last year perhaps.  But yeah, is strange. Just hoping tonight isn’t as boring as the opening fixture.

As we've been sooooo bad for some will most people be happy with 17th? not that we have much choice in the matter 🤪 will 17th be good enough next season?

I guess I'm asking is for us just avoiding relegation a success with this group of players?

42 minutes ago, doggface said:

Should be starting Tella instead of Minamino and Salisu in place of one of the CB's.  Mad not to.

Agreed - a weird team.... Considering everything Ralph said in the presser, which a fair few people would agree with and he picks the same defenders and leaves NT out ! 

2 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Interesting Ralph says ‘if we get a clean sheet then maybe 1 goal is enough’

I mean he isn’t wrong and I would take a 1-0 shithouse win now.

I’d love JWP to get into Zaha’s face again too :D 

Hoping Prowsey winds him up a treat ;)

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

As we've been sooooo bad for some will most people be happy with 17th? not that we have much choice in the matter 🤪 will 17th be good enough next season?

I guess I'm asking is for us just avoiding relegation a success with this group of players?

At risk of sounding like a Dalek, for next season I think I'd take 17th now.  With little money to spend, the team in relegation form and no new owner yet there is much uncertainty.  

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints Vs Palace - Match Thread
17 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

So Ralph has his strongest side...let’s see what he can do. Something tells me we’ll still lose. Why? Because that’s the mentality around the squad, perhaps the entire club, at the moment. The way we play, tip tap practice pitch football...grown men playing a teenagers game. Jeez I’m not THAT disillusioned surely?!😳😂 In truth this could go any which way, so hey let’s say 3-1 win.

Well, that's covered most of the post-match "told you so" possibilities... ;)

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, obelisk said:

Well for me it's not an obsession with Jankewitz. It's nothing more than wanting to have a look it the chap.

Agree. At one point he was talked of as potentially our best prospect coming through but looks to have been sidelined. I can't believe it's solely due to his 'moment' at Old Trafford, must be a bit of a knob in training for Ralph to have frozen him out.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 Palace - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic