Saints 3-1 Palace - Match Thread

Minsk

1 minute ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

People comparing pellagrino and Ralph- mind boggling. Tell me when pellagrino had us top of the league or playing decent football (at any point).

Before my time, but Chris Nicholl might be a better comparison... went top of the league with him and had some horrendously dry spells also. We decided we could do better, and indeed I hear his replacement was an excellent appointment who was in many ways much better than our current manager.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John B said:

And a few months ago we were top.

Quite a fall I would have thought and a serious warning for next season

Fuck me, we were top because we played before everyone else that weekend. We were top for a few hours. #stopthecount. Stop going on about it, noddy club behaviour 

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

What has Ralph achieved? As far as I can see, they both achieved fuck all. 

Hasenhuttl got us playing extremely well for an entire year. Pellegrino struggled to do that for one game let alone a year!

Sure we've been shit since January, but don't overlook Hasenhuttl has shown he can get us performing over a sustained period even if we aren't now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Fuck me, we were top because we played before everyone else that weekend. We were top for a few hours. #stopthecount. Stop going on about it, noddy club behaviour 

That’s right, piss all over the highlight of the season 🙄

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Hasenhuttl got us playing extremely well for an entire year. Pellegrino struggled to do that for one game let alone a year!

Sure we've been shit since January, but don't overlook Hasenhuttl has shown he can get us performing over a sustained period even if we aren't now.

Is that an achievement then? The last time I looked, the trophy cabinet was still bare. You don’t get a trophy for being top for 1 game. 

I suppose he wants another chance to see if Minamino is worth making a permanent transfer.

Really not a fan of Armstrong in the holding midfield role though, complete waste of his talents.

Jankewitz has reached Caceres levels of SaintsWeb delusion. 

For God's sake people stop expecting him to be picked and then being disappointed that he isn't.

He's never going to play. Get over it.

Genuinely the only way he's ever going to get a game is if the entire remaining first team is wiped out by a freak weather incident, and he's the only survivor. Like in King Ralph.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SKD said:

Is that an achievement then? The last time I looked, the trophy cabinet was still bare. You don’t get a trophy for being top for 1 game. 

He's a football manager not a miracle worker. You seen our playing staff and budget? You can only polish a turd for so long...   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

He's a football manager not a miracle worker. You seen our playing staff and budget? You can only polish a turd for so long...   

I’m not saying he isn’t. Just that he has hardly achieved anything. 

All this whinging..... we were an absolute joy to watch for quite a while. In a season squashed together like this has been, regularly playing 3 games a week, it’s no wonder the team with the deepest squad finished top. We’ve been hampered by poor recruitment over the last 4 years, something a club of our size can’t afford to do. With a bit of luck we can see light at the end of that tunnel now and get those players off the books. Ralph’s no pep, but if he was, he wouldn’t be here long. Hopefully he’ll get backed in the summer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Suhari said:

Guess he must be done here. Surely a game he could've got minutes in.

I think so, didn’t do himself any favours with the transfer request and the Jackie Chan episode. There is no half way with Ralph when it comes to being on the bus or not 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 Palace - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic