Saints 3-1 Palace - Match Thread

Minsk

It was really only Ings with a challenge that couldn't even be described as half hearted that tried to stop Benteke scoring. The rest of the lads stood around like they were chatting in the playground before school.

Just now, The Cat said:

It was really only Ings with a challenge that couldn't even be described as half hearted that tried to stop Benteke scoring. The rest of the lads stood around like they were chatting in the playground before school.

That took 10 minutes to post for some reason. Nice finish for the equaliser.

Redmond drives forward and causes Palace an issue. Defenders get dragged across, that creates space and he have half a chance. Why doesn't he do that all the time? He needs to take more risks more often.

• Like 2

Just now, captainchris said:

That’s because he is a mug - always has been.... Ralph loves him though so that’s all that matters.... 

yeah, very average. Wears heart on sleeve so I’ll always be liked, but not a great player. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Nice, adds an extra million to his price tag.

is he the difference between us staying up next season and not? The idea that we sell for £20m is utter madness.

2 minutes ago, captainchris said:

That’s because he is a mug - always has been.... Ralph loves him though so that’s all that matters.... 

he is so middling. I like that he gets stuck in, but he's slow and not the best in the air and average with the ball. For me he's a fourth choice CB at this level.

1 minute ago, Chez said:

is he the difference between us staying up next season and not? The idea that we sell for £20m is utter madness.

I agree. We should value him at the price of staying in the PL. £50m? Anything less, he stays. 

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

Unlucky Redmond, good save. He's started pretty well.

actually he started badly giving the ball away cheaply a few times, but has got into a groove now and has a fair bit of space to work in. The Skate up against him is one of the poorest Prem players IMO. Take him on son...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SKD said:

I agree. We should value him at the price of staying in the PL. £50m? Anything less, he stays. 

its tough knowing that he walks for a free the summer after and you then have zero funds to use to buy the next guy, which is terrible business, but go down and financially you are dead. £30m minimum for me.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 Palace - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic