COVID and Football (Merged)

Chris cooper

7 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

So now we need to a covid passport to watch live football from next week ..that will half the attendances I reckon ?

Probably, but I doubt staff will give a monkeys. I went to see Paul Choudhry at Portsmouth Guildhall a few weeks ago. Groups of people openly sharing one screen shot of a  passport and showing the same thing to staff who knew the score, and being waved through.

Complete farce, and compliance will be even less after the recent disclosures. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Probably, but I doubt staff will give a monkeys. I went to see Paul Choudhry at Portsmouth Guildhall a few weeks ago. Groups of people openly sharing one screen shot of a  passport and showing the same thing to staff who knew the score, and being waved through.

Yeah that’s exactly wot I think too .. thanks for info .. you needed more than a covid passport down there mate 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

Yeah that’s exactly wot I think too .. thanks for info .. you needed more than a covid passport down there mate 😆

Ha!!! Felt dirty for days after. Decent gig though, almost worth the trauma! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, egg said:

I've been to loads of gigs and shows since lockdown finished and it really depends on the venue as to how strict they are. Some ask for a pass or negative test, others couldn't care less.

Not once have I been asked for ID to match the covid pass though. 

Getting 30000 odd into St Mary's will take absolutely ages if they do ask for matching ID.

Edited by The Cat

Just now, The Cat said:

I've been to loads of gigs and shows since lockdown finished and it really depends on the venue as to how strict they are. Some ask for a pass or negative test, others couldn't care less.

Not once have I been asked for ID to match the covid pass though. 

Getting 30000 odd into St Mary's will take absolutely ages if they do ask form matching ID.

I've never been asked for any ID, just a screen shot and waved through. IOW festival, let's rock, gigs, they've just gone through the motions. 

58 minutes ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

That would make more sense but, according to BBC:

’Covid passes proving vaccination or a negative test will be required at nightclubs and venues with large crowds’

Got to be really, loads of players haven't had the jab , but they do have negative tests otherwise it would be a bit hypocritical to apply to fans but not the people of the pitch. 

These new restrictions are clearly a load of bollocks anyway, BBC rolling out prof Ferguson and his doomsday modelling that has proven wrong every time,  the Kings of misinformation. 

38 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

We're going back into the direction of no fans, aren't we? :(

I don’t think we’ll go back to empty stadiums. But, going by tonight’s UK Gov briefing and other statements I’ve heard, I think there’s a possibility that COVID passports could be changed such that they’re only valid if people are triple jabbed (initial double plus the booster). Early talk from Pfizer and BioNTech is that three jabs is effective against neutralising Omicron, two jabs significantly less effective in doing so.

Edit: also, at present it’s covid passport or negative LFT. That in itself maintains the opportunity for people who aren’t fully jabbed. But who knows what January and beyond will bring.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 1

One thing people need to be careful about is putting a positive result into your app, without taking a picture of your Covid pass. It may have changed but this nearly did for me. The isolation period is 10  days, but when you put your positive result in, the track and trace app blocks your Covid pass on the separate NHS app for 14 days. Therefore you could want to go to a Saints game on day 12 after positive result  (as you’re allowed), but your pass is still blocked. I had it 16 days before I was due on holiday and I could only access my travel pass on day 14. It maybe different for local one, maybe they’ve sorted it out, but it’s defo worth being safe and taking a screenshot as soon as you get a positive result. Particularly given the IT issues government IT has.

In fact I think I’ll screen shot mine every month anyway 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Haha 1

Chelsea away wanted proof of vaccination/test. Mine wasn’t opening when had to show steward and he just waved me through.

Almost impossible to implement effectively at a game with 40000 fans attending. The risk of fan discontent at queues and missing kick off  would cause them far more aggro.

12 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Good.  I would make the dickheads who have chosen not to be jabbed for no good reason go into full lockdown.

Conspiracy theorist twats.

or just have an alternate view that is not based on this corrupt and  lying government

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Noodles34 said:

or just have an alternate view that is not based on this corrupt and  lying government

Our current government is certainly corrupt and a bunch of liars but other countries are encouraging vaccines too, even the really sensible ones like Denmark and so on. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Our current government is certainly corrupt and a bunch of liars but other countries are encouraging vaccines too, even the really sensible ones like Denmark and so on. 

Of course they're encouraging vaccines. Taking vaccines is backed by the world's scientific community. Not taking vaccines is backed by people who can't spell covid. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Of course they're encouraging vaccines. Taking vaccines is backed by the world's scientific community. Not taking vaccines is backed by people who can't spell covid. 

Plus the government lies, but they don't lie for fun, they lie for financial gain.

There is very little to be gained, financially speaking, from prolonging the pandemic. They are on the the same team as us, on this one, we want the pandemic over so we can go back to normal, they want it over so their mates can go back to selling us expensive holidays and high street goods.

Edited by TWar
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Not just our Govt who struggle to stick to the rules (although this 'mistake' is at least a little more understandable, I guess):

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59577371

I can't see how football clubs will be able to check everyone's passes/test results in time for kick-off. Particularly in much larger stadiums than ours. Standby for a communication requesting we arrive at a set time hours beforehand...

3 hours ago, Noodles34 said:

What does the probity of the current government have to do with advisability of getting vaccinated?  Anyone with the intelligence of a snail can see that it is an overwhelming good idea to get vaccinated.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, waylander said:

What does the probity of the current government have to do with advisability of getting vaccinated?  Anyone with the intelligence of a snail can see that it is an overwhelming good idea to get vaccinated.

Anyone with the intelligence of a snail can see that vaccines do little to prevent infection. Hospitalisations and deaths yes, but infections no. The evil anti-vaxxers aren't killing anyone else. So that brings me to the conclusion that vaccines should never be forced on anyone. Edit: I've been double vaccinated.

Edited by JustinR
Context
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, JustinR said:

Anyone with the intelligence of a snail can see that vaccines do little to prevent infection. Hospitalisations and deaths yes, but infections no. The evil anti-vaxxers aren't killing anyone else. So that brings me to the conclusion that vaccines should never be forced on anyone. 

They are - by taking up resources (ICU beds, medical staff etc) that are needed for patients suffering from other critical conditions (transplants, strokes, cancer surgery)

Edited by waylander
  • Like 6

Just now, waylander said:

They are by taking up resources (ICU beds, medical staff etc) that are needed for patients suffering from other critical conditions (transplants, strokes, cancer surgery)

Then ban chips, smoking, cars and wine. 

1 hour ago, IFHP said:

Not sure about empty stadiums but I can see 50% capacity or less if things continue with the new variant .

I think you are right, I cant remember what it was but i read on twitter that some sporting event (a firendly tournament in Netball or Volleyball? ) this Saturday had cut its indoor capacity to 35% because of the new variant etc.

2 hours ago, JustinR said:

Anyone with the intelligence of a snail can see that vaccines do little to prevent infection. Hospitalisations and deaths yes, but infections no. The evil anti-vaxxers aren't killing anyone else. So that brings me to the conclusion that vaccines should never be forced on anyone. Edit: I've been double vaccinated.

Yes they are. By not being vaccinated they are prolonging the spread of the virus which is then infecting the vulnerable amongst us.

Selfish.

19 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Good.  I would make the dickheads who have chosen not to be jabbed for no good reason go into full lockdown.

Conspiracy theorist twats.

Or just allow freedom of choice. That seems more fair. 

The experimental remedy people are spreading it, the same as the unvaccinated. 

Lets back away from tyranny, before its too late.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Sure. Just don't go to a mass gathering. I don't want to sit next to a virus breeder screaming his head off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, waylander said:

They are - by taking up resources (ICU beds, medical staff etc) that are needed for patients suffering from other critical conditions (transplants, strokes, cancer surgery)

Why are unvaccinated people not worthy of treatment - that is more tiranic than what is going on just now.

Everyone is entitled to the same level of treatment. Would we all be banning smokers from treatment from heart disease or cancer?

This type of thinking is as bad as the anti vaccers - I have no issue with people who cant or wont get the vaccine, it is their choice, and our healthcare should be available for all.

Very dangerous thinking is this, that people who are not, for whatever reason, unvaccinated shouldn't be allowed healthcare, or that they, in by having access to healthcare, are killing other people.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

It’s not experimental. It’s passed every regulatory standard required and has proven to be hugely effective worldwide.

There is no ‘tyranny’, nor is there an ‘apartheid’, which both seem to be popular buzzwords for people who’ve never lived through any kind of tyranny or apartheid.

8 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

It’s not experimental. It’s passed every regulatory standard required and has proven to be hugely effective worldwide.

There is no ‘tyranny’, nor is there an ‘apartheid’, which both seem to be popular buzzwords for people who’ve never lived through any kind of tyranny or apartheid.

9 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Why are the manufacturers of the product protected from litigation from any harm done by the product? 

35 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Why are unvaccinated people not worthy of treatment - that is more tiranic than what is going on just now.

Everyone is entitled to the same level of treatment. Would we all be banning smokers from treatment from heart disease or cancer?

This type of thinking is as bad as the anti vaccers - I have no issue with people who cant or wont get the vaccine, it is their choice, and our healthcare should be available for all.

Very dangerous thinking is this, that people who are not, for whatever reason, unvaccinated shouldn't be allowed healthcare, or that they, in by having access to healthcare, are killing other people.

Well said, ironically a lot of the loud mouth covid fanatics calling for restrictions and mandates also look like they take no care if their physical health being overweight- a key factor in hospitalisation obesity and age. And those I know who either haven't had the jab or speak for pro choice are generally also those who exercise / eat well (Inc one sportsman) and are relatively young. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Sure. Just don't go to a mass gathering. I don't want to sit next to a virus breeder screaming his head off.

You've digested far too much fear Grandad. "Virus breeder" my goodness. Hope you're not lucky enough to have young kids in the family who might want to spend time with you.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, waylander said:

you have seen all the players collapsing from myocarditis them? Don't think they'd agree with you...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JRM said:

Why are the manufacturers of the product protected from litigation from any harm done by the product? 

Large pharmaceutical companies in wanting their arse to be water tight against any form of litigation shocker. It’s evidence of absolutely nothing and so is that video. 

Just now, Lighthouse said:

Large pharmaceutical companies in wanting their arse to be water tight against any form of litigation shocker. It’s evidence of absolutely nothing and so is that video. 

Spend some time reading about various cases where Pfizer have had to pay large fines.... corner cutting, poor ethics..but sure put all your faith in them,  that's up to you, just leave other people alone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Yes they are. By not being vaccinated they are prolonging the spread of the virus which is then infecting the vulnerable amongst us.

Selfish.

But this is wrong though isn't it? There is no "end" to virus for you to prolong short of the population achieving effective immunity. This virus is going to spread through the population until we develop that effective immunity, whilst in parallel the virus will mutate to be less severe. We are choosing to prolong the virus by delaying spread, seeking to minimise the chance for our populations to gain any natural immunity (despite the very high average survivability rate), and waste time and resources in an futile effort to prevent mutations - i.e. hanging our hat firmly on full vaccine dependence. That also ignores the fact that that natural immunity provides longer lasting and more effective protection compared to the vaccines.

If for example you took the opposite scenario to full vaccine dependence (which i take to be what you champion), i.e. everyone getting natural immunity, the country would get better future protection - Now obviously that scenario would mean you don't vaccinate those vulnerable to the virus, which would equate to more deaths - and isn't something people advocate obviously.

However, there is clearly an argument to be made for following an approach between the two, i.e. allowing a less severe strand (like Omicron) to spread whilst the most vulnerable are best protected by vaccines - If the main spreader groups (schoolkids/students/young professionals etc - who aren't under any real risk from covid) get natural immunity, it will serve the country far better in the long run compared to our present strategy of pure reliance on vaccines (that seemingly last 6months, offer only partial protection, and become ineffective after a few mutations/variations.) That's less debt for the country, a shorter pandemic long term, shorter waiting lists for the nhs, better education provision, less impact on services etc. It does unfortunately mean that the money currently lined up for the pockets of big pharma goes back into industries such as travel and transport, leisure and hospitality, and the plethora of businesses that serve office centres etc.

Regardless of your take on whether you pursue full vaccine dependence, the point of this thread is covid passports. For me, the vaccines don't offer a long lasting protection, they don't impact on viral loads for future transmission, and they don't stop people catching covid. But they do reduce severe reactions which is particularly beneficial in vulnerable groups. In conclusion though, i would say that there simply isn't a strong enough argument to justify infringing civil liberties by bringing in increased digital surveillance and what amounts to "compliance" controls on access work/education/entertainment etc. - This isn't China and I have no interest in us adopting anything like their measures - Now... people can chose to protect themselves with the vaccines, and they can personally chose to take precautions to mitigate their risk exposure (masks  /personal hygiene measures /avoidance), but there is no, "zero covid" scenario and they can catch it just as readily off of a vaccinated person.

No one should have the right to stop other people living their lives (and actively discriminate against them) because you don't agree with their medical choices 🤷‍♂️. The vaccine some want to force on everyone else either works or it doesn't. But you've got to let other people have the right to reach their own decisions, take their own risks, and live their lives. It is beyond hypocritical to take a vaccine to protect yourself, and then expect other people to follow your decision because you don't trust the vaccine 🤔

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, JRM said:

Spend some time reading about various cases where Pfizer have had to pay large fines.... corner cutting, poor ethics..but sure put all your faith in them,  that's up to you, just leave other people alone. 

I’ll do that if you go down to your local Covid ward and chat to the people on medical ventilators who are young and healthy, did their own research and didn’t get vaccinated because they weren’t sheep.

• Lighthouse changed the title to COVID and Football (Merged)