Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 minute ago, Baird of the land said:

Yeah as long as the medical doesn't throw any red flags & fee isn't exorbitant he could be a very solid signing.

Free isn't he? Doubt he'd be able to get big wages either. He's a good solid player for sure, one we could do with. It seems strange that when he joined Man U he was hailed as being one of the best young players around. Definitely has that bit of experience and grit we are missing, injury record is questionable though, alough i think he's been fit for a while just cant get in their team.

29 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You know what they say, buy cheap you by twice. Or in our case you keep on buying until you get lucky

Prem appearances and goals for our strikers since rejoining the prem. Ings apart, goalscoring certainly ain't been easy.

Armstrong 23/2
Broja 32/6
Che Adams 96/20
Obafemi 32/4
Ings 91/41
Carrilo 7/0
Gabbiadini 51/10
Austin 71/16
Long 198/28
Pelle 68/23
Osvaldo 13/3
Rodriguez 104/26
Mayuka 16/0
Lambert 75/28

16 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Free isn't he? Doubt he'd be able to get big wages either. He's a good solid player for sure, one we could do with. It seems strange that when he joined Man U he was hailed as being one of the best young players around. Definitely has that bit of experience and grit we are missing, injury record is questionable though, alough i think he's been fit for a while just cant get in their team.

Yep. Been on the United bench continuously since end of November. Played one full game in January. Featured briefly in three of last 6 games.

19 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Transfermrkt says his contract expires Jun 2023.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chez said:

Prem appearances and goals for our strikers since rejoining the prem. Ings apart, goalscoring certainly ain't been easy.

Armstrong 23/2
Broja 32/6
Che Adams 96/20
Obafemi 32/4
Ings 91/41
Carrilo 7/0
Gabbiadini 51/10
Austin 71/16
Long 198/28
Pelle 68/23
Osvaldo 13/3
Rodriguez 104/26
Mayuka 16/0
Lambert 75/28

Bloody hell that makes depressing reading. What do you reckon about £150m of "talent" there in transfer fees. Carillo and Osvaldo got to be two of the worst signings ever.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Phil Jones and Bale would both be poor signings, players way way past their best, in full decline, horrific injury records and will still be expecting wages based on reputation. 

Bale was `injured' pretty much the entire season, yet missed just three games when loaned out to Spurs the year before. Perhaps some of those injuries at Real were not injuries?

22 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Transfermrkt says his contract expires Jun 2023.

yep 2023, with an option for another year. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47169999

He ain't walking away from a £100k a week contract, so if United want to lose him from their wage bill, that £100k a week will need to be made up somehow, either by the new club or the new club and united.

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Bloody hell that makes depressing reading. What do you reckon about £150m of "talent" there in transfer fees. Carillo and Osvaldo got to be two of the worst signings ever.

Sign of a brilliantly run club mate

1 hour ago, Wsaint said:

Forest keeper wants to leave this summer apparently, better than we've got at the moment you reckon? Probably cheaper than pope/Henderson. 

The Forest Green keeper is better than we've got at the moment.

2 hours ago, Wsaint said:

Forest keeper wants to leave this summer apparently, better than we've got at the moment you reckon? Probably cheaper than pope/Henderson. 

Slightly erratic and prone to making a mistake, but better than many of the goalkeepers we've been linked with this summer.

2 hours ago, Chez said:

yep 2023, with an option for another year. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47169999

He ain't walking away from a £100k a week contract, so if United want to lose him from their wage bill, that £100k a week will need to be made up somehow, either by the new club or the new club and united.

Not necessarily. Maybe he’s on £100k a week for 1 year, but possibly he wants a 3 year contract on £60k? £9.5m vs £5m?

Not saying he won’t possibly want Utd to contribute to his first year to leave, but doesn’t mean we’d have to pay it. 

FWIW, I think he’d be a decent option. Exactly the sort of player that Salisu needs, and he’s better than Bednarek and Stephens with 1 leg. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Carillo was comfortably one of the worst players Ive ever seen in a Saints kit.. I genuinely and comfortably have no idea at all how we managed to not only sign him but spent 30m on him

I never write off players early, but after about 20 minutes I turned to the old man and proclaimed quite instinctively that he was fucking shite

• Like 2

Im really sorry chaps… if we sign Phil Jones Id be massively underwhelmed… Im sure there is a reasonably good CB in there still, but he’s played 13 times in the last 3 years

We need reliability, we certainly do not need to spend money on a risk… and Phil Jones is almost certainly a risk

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Carillo was comfortably one of the worst players Ive ever seen in a Saints kit.. I genuinely and comfortably have no idea at all how we managed to not only sign him but spent 30m on him

I never write off players early, but after about 20 minutes I turned to the old man and proclaimed quite instinctively that he was fucking shite

Les claiming how it was such a difficult deal to do, i bet Monaco still haven't stopped laughing about the fee they got for him. Then we had the statos on here trying to make out he had a great goals per games ratio :lol:

11 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Les claiming how it was such a difficult deal to do, i bet Monaco still haven't stopped laughing about the fee they got for him. Then we had the statos on here trying to make out he had a great goals per games ratio :lol:

It was quite an incredible achievement

I imagine it was difficult because for best part of an hour Monaco were trying to confirm it wasn’t a scam

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

If Carillo had got a quarter of the chances that the youth team players who clearly aren't good enough get, he'd have probably done a bit more. Personally, I thought that although he was clearly out of his depth, he wasn't AS bad as everyone made him out to be. His hold up play and link up play at times looked average (considering he was portrayed as far worse than average)

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Southampton forward 'would love' Bale to make St Mary's return | Daily Echo

Notice how Theo is quoted as saying "I'd love him there" as opposed to "here"

I'd say it makes absolute FA difference as to how he said it.

Walcott is done at Saints in terms of playing again, just not match fit enough. And Bale is never going to come to us. He's more likely to go to Spurs, Cardiff (Welsh connection) etc, plus many more bigger teams before we're even considered. 

Some muppet on Twitter said we should do EVERYTHING to bring Bale back.
He was met with the response of many saying how he's probably out of our reach and that he would go to a bigger club.
So his response was one of aggression demanding "WHAT BIGGER CLUBS, NAME ONE, GIVE ME ONE”.

Some people really are divs. 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by FarehamSaintJames

26 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

It was quite an incredible achievement

I imagine it was difficult because for best part of an hour Monaco were trying to confirm it wasn’t a scam

Hello, this is les Reed here, I am trying to transfer you €20m for the sale of Guido Carillo to Southampton, all i need are your bank details......

Yes i can see why they thought it was a wind up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

If Carillo had got a quarter of the chances that the youth team players who clearly aren't good enough get, he'd have probably done a bit more. Personally, I thought that although he was clearly out of his depth, he wasn't AS bad as everyone made him out to be. His hold up play and link up play at times looked average (considering he was portrayed as far worse than average)

he even looked out of his depth against Wigan in the FA Cup game, the fact that we had to pay him to leave shows how good he was.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Southampton forward 'would love' Bale to make St Mary's return | Daily Echo

Notice how Theo is quoted as saying "I'd love him there" as opposed to "here"

I listened to the Theo interview this morning, and despite what the Echo says, he actually said "I'd love him here" (not there). I noticed it as thought it strange as assumed he'd be off himself. They asked about where he would be next season, and he was cagey about it, but did say he has started his home exercises and fitness regime already that Saints have set him, and he's looking forward to pre-season. he sounded like he'd be happy to stay, but knows there is a strong possibility he needs to move on to play games.

48 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Walcott is done at Saints in terms of playing again, just not match fit enough. And Bale is never going to come to us. He's more likely to go to Spurs, Cardiff (Welsh connection) etc, plus many more bigger teams before we're even considered. 

He was met with the response of many saying how he's probably out of our reach and that he would go to a bigger club.
So his response was one of aggression demanding "WHAT BIGGER CLUBS, NAME ONE, GIVE ME ONE”.

Divs and twitter a marriage truly made in hell.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

No, he was absolute dogshit. What makes it even more confounding is that Pellegrino was clearly a dead man walking and we still threw stupid money at a player who was effectively his teacher's pet. Worst club signing ever 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Not necessarily. Maybe he’s on £100k a week for 1 year, but possibly he wants a 3 year contract on £60k? £9.5m vs £5m?

Not saying he won’t possibly want Utd to contribute to his first year to leave, but doesn’t mean we’d have to pay it. 

As I said, either the new club pays it or United pays the difference. 

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

If he genuinely does have enough money - and to be fair he should by now!! - then he'll go to Cardiff. No other reason except the Welsh really are xenophobes.

After all the noises we’ve been making about signing the right people, scouting different leagues and long term projects; signing Phil Jones would be the equivalent of buying your wife a bag of charcoal from Londis at 8pm on Christmas Eve.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

After all the noises we’ve been making about signing the right people, scouting different leagues and long term projects; signing Phil Jones would be the equivalent of buying your wife a bag of charcoal from Londis at 8pm on Christmas Eve.

As the heating crisis hits, that will become the go to gift this year. If not, men can always use it to warm themselves having been locked out the house on Christmas morning. 🙂

Swedish media says Saints have made 100mill - Swedish money about £8.5M bid for Swedish midfielder Mattias Svanberg from Bologna. He´s currently at the Swedish camp for the upcoming games and says after the weekend he and his agent will share more news. Don´t shoot the messenger here please ; )

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

The Forest Green keeper is better than we've got at the moment.

I've only seen him during the playoffs myself but was impressed, so not really a fair look but I'll take your word for it. Not hard to be better than the current lot. 

4 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Slightly erratic and prone to making a mistake, but better than many of the goalkeepers we've been linked with this summer.

That's fair, did see a few forest fans echoing this but could just be a bit bitter 😂 see if they fancy swapping, then they'll really have something to moan about. 

54 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Not really sure why a 30 year old defender with shed loads of top level experience to run our defence ,which is made up of youngsters, is such a terrible idea.

Perhaps  we have our eye on other defenders with around  30 England caps.

If he can get through plenty of games, and I haven’t seen any evidence that he can’t, I think he could be just the sort of player we need.

28 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Link to the Svanberg article and report of the bid...

Like Adamu, yesterday, this one also feels Saintsy.

I think the fact we've been linked a season or 2 ago helps make it more credible, too.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, teamsaint said:

Not really sure why a 30 year old defender with shed loads of top level experience to run our defence ,which is made up of youngsters, is such a terrible idea.

If he can get through plenty of games, and I haven’t seen any evidence that he can’t, I think he could be just the sort of player we need.

Could be our most capped player in the treatment room.

Reminds me of the David Connolly thread for League One days .. would be our best finisher/defender … if he didn’t spend so much time on the treatment table , or words to that effect.

(Can’t remember who penned those words, wonder if it was another timeless contribution from Benthelegend). 

40 minutes ago, teamsaint said:

This was the argument put to the Theo signing, but if at over 30 he can't play regularly due to injuries and is infact quite poor nowadays then it's another squad place wasted on total crap - as he won't be cheap.

54 minutes ago, teamsaint said:

Seriously?

30 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Seriously?

TBH i hadn’t seen the evidence. But having had a look he does have a poor injury  record.My man utd fanatic supporting colleague hadn’t mentioned it when we have discussed him ! 

Edited by teamsaint

2 minutes ago, teamsaint said:

TBH i hadn’t seen the evidence. But having had a look he does have a poor injury  record.My man utd fanatic supporting colleague hadn’t mentioned it ! 

Probably because he has forgotten the bloke existed over the last few years 

• Haha 1