Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

It's a great kit.  Interesting but thought through.  Considering the festering turds our club have churned out for most of the last decade I'm surprised people are so quick to condemn it.

Thought through so much that they just nabbed it from their back catalogue from the previous season? 

7 minutes ago, saints1988 said:

#Colwillwatch was at the game tonight in the stands

With his mates. He’s from the south coast. Probably wouldn’t read too much into it.

Bednarek, Lyanco, Valery, Salisu, Bella-Kotchap, Stephens.
You’re probably looking at two or three of the above leaving before he is even close to joining (which I very much doubt he is).

If he was I doubt he would post anything like that as the club loves to deal with transfers behind closed doors.

Edited by FarehamSaintJames

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

With his mates. He’s from the south coast. Probably wouldn’t read too much into it.

Bednarek, Lyanco, Valery, Salisu, Bella-Kotchap, Stephens.
You’re probably looking at two or three of the above leaving before he is even close to joining.

He was born in Southampton!

Agree that if anything were close he wouldn't be posting that. Doesn't mean we won't go for or get him, but we currently have too many CBs as it is.

Secret Scout also playing it down as a family thing.

Edited by Dusic

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

14th would be alright considering our end to the season last year. 

2 hours ago, SNSUN said:

I’d take that with bells on. Then keep improving the squad.

TBH I was talking more about the tone of the actual write-up. And yeah, you're right - 14th would be entirely acceptable.

2 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

The angle of the picture suggests he’s in a bog standard seat anyway - if he was currently completing a transfer I think the club would be looking after him a bit better and he’d likely be in the club box.

Still encouraging though. Didn't someone say he's from the area? 

47 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Even more encouraging it's a crap photo. Surely we can offer him decent enough wages for him to be able to treat himself to a better phone than that.

9 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Yep. He was there last night with his family, unfortunately not football (transfer related). 

As I’ve said before though, he is keen on a return to us. If Chelsea let him go, I’d be pretty confident we’ll get him. 

19 minutes ago, Dman said:

Yep. He was there last night with his family, unfortunately not football (transfer related). 

As I’ve said before though, he is keen on a return to us. If Chelsea let him go, I’d be pretty confident we’ll get him. 

Return? He joined Chelsea when he was 8 years old. Was he at Saints before that?

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Yes I know, that is why we are discussing him. However he was not sat in the corporate seats, he was with friends/family who are Saints fans. Doesn't mean a transfer is on the cards.

Aah, but as you would be quick to point out if it was someone else, it doesn’t mean a transfer isn’t on the cards either !!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Roo1976 said:

And bang average aswell...................

You obviously weren’t at the game last night.  Three of our back up CBs (Valery, Lyanco and Stephens) all put in decent performances 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

To be fair I actually think that's bad news. If there was anything going on I feel he'd be less likely to post that.

But you would hope that if he was undecided that that performance might give him pause for thought? #strawclutching

14 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Crazy summer!

Who misses those early posts/vibes about the club being a shambles 😅 Although, there was still an air of that at 0-1 last night.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mowgli said:

You obviously weren’t at the game last night.  Three of our back up CBs (Valery, Lyanco and Stephens) all put in decent performances 

Lyanco was terrible. Not good enough and never will be. No amount of passionate social media posts will change my mind on that - people seem to get blindsided by that............

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Lyanco was terrible. Not good enough and never will be. No amount of passionate social media posts will change my mind on that - people seem to get blindsided by that............

Didn't think Lynaco was 'terrible' last night, although on two occasions his efforts to get back into position after losing possession in the middle of the park were pretty underwhelming. As for Stephens and Valery, they looked like they both spent the summer at Maccy D's drive through. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

He played well

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Streaky said:

He played well

I agree, thought Lyanco had an impressive game - in fact I was surprised at how composed he and Stephens looked, albeit against a non-Prem team. First half though was a bit dire…a lack of creativity, pace, power…just a totally lacklustre performance with some players exhibiting the signs that they’re about to become fringe players.

Redmond got a talking to from Ralph after they scored…just stood ball watching. He may have experience/savvy but his legs don’t work anymore. Djenepo was OK, but his legs are still not working in conjunction with his brain!🤣 McCarthy was not put under a lot of pressure, but once again got beaten at his near post and fluffed clearances - I just hope Bazunu starts the season as as no.1.

Second half was much better…more urgency, moving the ball quicker, better options going forwards. Thought it was interesting that we didn’t miss our two ‘primary’ strikers at all - Stuey Armstrong was excellent.  Interesting to see the decent CB options Ralph has now, given that Salisu didn’t get on the pitch. It was good to see Perraud fit to start - didn’t know he was ready.

Still need a decent 10+ goal striker, two attacking midfielders and we’ll be looking OK.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Greenridge said:

Didn't think Lynaco was 'terrible' last night, although on two occasions his efforts to get back into position after losing possession in the middle of the park were pretty underwhelming. As for Stephens and Valery, they looked like they both spent the summer at Maccy D's drive through. 

I thought Valery has bulked up, but looked fit and kept running until the very late injury. His recovery tackle in the second half was superb and overall he was one of the best performers.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Greenridge said:

Not sure what game either of you two watched, Valery was solid in defence and progressive in possession

Lyanco was solid and much more composed then Ive seen him before and played some good forward passes, he rattled WBY early on and even managed to rectify the situation that AM almost put him in with a terrible pass into trouble

• Like 5

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

But this game was for the player currently under discussion in this thread. Clearly Saints had some level of interest in someone at that game, perhaps it was him.

Perhaps it was another player or several players. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

I know that "it's about opinions, innit?" and all that, but I do wonder sometimes if people have been watching the same game as me. I haven't been a massive fan of Lyanco....not convinced about him, but I thought that he played well last night. He seemed to play with more confidence. In fact, particularly in the second half, the whole team played really well. Difficult to fault anyone's overall display last night. Sure, some individuals made the odd mistake but overall, I was happy with the performance.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

I know that "it's about opinions, innit?" and all that, but I do wonder sometimes if people have been watching the same game as me. I haven't been a massive fan of Lyanco....not convinced about him, but I thought that he played well last night. He seemed to play with more confidence. In fact, particularly in the second half, the whole team played really well. Difficult to fault anyone's overall display last night. Sure, some individuals made the odd mistake but overall, I was happy with the performance.

Agree with all of this

Even in the first half, there were no obvious poor players, outside of potentially Ely who was rather anonymous.. but it felt more like disjointed tactics rather that any overall poor performances, it all clicked into place after HT

Ive also been critical of Djenepo, but he’s looked very good in that LWB position

Overall it made me feel like Diallo, Stephens, Lyanco, Valery, Djenepo and Redmond.. although maybe not what we need to move forward as first team 11 players are still good enough options as squad players