Leicester 4-1 Saints - Match Thread

Pamplemousse

7 hours ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Beats me how Redmond (1 deflected goal in 13 months plus loads of poor performances) sneaks into the team. Goes to show how low our standards have become. He wouldn’t be near anyone else’s PL first team. 

with a year left on his contract, if we are looking to sell him and get a fee, he needs to be in the shop window now.

1 minute ago, Viking Saint said:

and he's not going to improve without game time. There is nothing to lose today - ideal time to blood a few youngsters

At least on the bench, I'd agree with you. What's the point in filling the bench with Theo, Moussa and Long? Might as well give the youth a 'chance' to taste game time. 

One positive is no Bednarek though, feels like the penny may have finally dropped about his shitness.

• Like 2

Just now, david in sweden said:

with a year left on his contract, if we are looking to sell him and get a fee, he needs to be in the shop window now.

We could stick him in the window of John Lewis, with a big 50% off sale sticker on him and we'd still get no takers. The only way he goes is if we pay him off.

• Haha 2

I am 74 years of age and not prone to losing it.

However, this bizarre team selection has done it for me. None of this nonsense by Ralph makes any snse or logic to me anymore. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt still and sort of back him but his has got to stop now.

You can question the reasoning and logic behind many of thos teams make up.

1. If the reason Broja has not been selected because he knows he wont be here next season, then why is Djenepo on the bench when they announced they are looking for offers for him this summer ?

2. Why is A Armstrong now selected when being utterly ignored all season. You have to feel sorry for this bloke to be put in such a situation today.

3. Why is Romeo now selected today but not against Liverpool. All of us who attended that match saw how desperately out of touch Diallo was that almost from the firts minute. And Ralph left him on until we went 2-1 down.

4. Why is Elynoussi selected again when he offered almost nothing against Liverpool.

5. Stu Armstrong has had a pretty poor end of season. I admit his form has dropped off....BUT....he is in my opinion, almost the only player we have who can create and beat an opponent. So play the bloke just in case he can create something. So he doesn't play against Liverpool but now gets selected against Leicester. Please someone explain why ?

6. So Broja isnt selected. Our next best strike is Ache Adams. He has limitations we all know....but why Armstrong....now, finally....gets picked ahead of him.

7. And finally why Walcott on the bench aagain and not a young guy....just to test a young guy today in the final match. THAT might make sense !.

I've had my fill with Ralph with his selections where the team is changed significantly every match.  His strategy is poor. He is never pro-active re subs. He only uses subs when we are losing.

That's my 2 penneth. Apologies for the minor rant. I've had enough. Please go Ralph. We need change now and you have been paid handsomey in the last 3 and a half years and most of us have been supportive and sympathetic.  

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Badger said:

I would have liked two up front, and no Elynoussi in the starting line up.

The defence is pick two out of three and hope they manage to limit the mistakes.

Can see our midfield being overrun and bypassed quite easily looking at both line ups. 

You are concerned about being overrun in midfield but want two up front ! Made me laugh 😊

8 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Also find it odd how awful small must be seen as being. What appalling scouting was there of him.

He is only 17 years old. A 17 year old not being ready yet for PL football does not mean the scouting was bad!

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Francis1947 said:

I am 74 years of age and not prone to losing it.

However, this bizarre team selection has done it for me. None of this nonsense by Ralph makes any snse or logic to me anymore. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt still and sort of back him but his has got to stop now.

You can question the reasoning and logic behind many of thos teams make up.

1. If the reason Broja has not been selected because he knows he wont be here next season, then why is Djenepo on the bench when they announced they are looking for offers for him this summer ?

2. Why is A Armstrong now selected when being utterly ignored all season. You have to feel sorry for this bloke to be put in such a situation today.

3. Why is Romeo now selected today but not against Liverpool. All of us who attended that match saw how desperately out of touch Diallo was that almost from the firts minute. And Ralph left him on until we went 2-1 down.

4. Why is Elynoussi selected again when he offered almost nothing against Liverpool.

5. Stu Armstrong has had a pretty poor end of season. I admit his form has dropped off....BUT....he is in my opinion, almost the only player we have who can create and beat an opponent. So play the bloke just in case he can create something. So he doesn't play against Liverpool but now gets selected against Leicester. Please someone explain why ?

6. So Broja isnt selected. Our next best strike is Ache Adams. He has limitations we all know....but why Armstrong....now, finally....gets picked ahead of him.

7. And finally why Walcott on the bench aagain and not a young guy....just to test a young guy today in the final match. THAT might make sense !.

I've had my fill with Ralph with his selections where the team is changed significantly every match.  His strategy is poor. He is never pro-active re subs. He only uses subs when we are losing.

That's my 2 penneth. Apologies for the minor rant. I've had enough. Please go Ralph. We need change now and you have been paid handsomey in the last 3 and a half years and most of us have been supportive and sympathetic.  

1) - I guess it's because we know Broja won't be with us, whereas with Moussa he may still be. We might struggle to shift him.

2) - He needed a game time, nothing wrong with him starting. The criticism is that it feels as if he's been thrown to the lions den with very little support behind him. That's why Adams should have started with him, in my opinion.

3) - Romeu was always going to start. I personally think he loses fitness once the season reaches the end months, so we manage him a bit more. Need to replace him in the summer for sure.

4) - No idea, he's probably one of our better attackers in terms of touch and movement but he's painfully slow.

5) - Stuart Armstrong is our best number 10, so if he's fit he always starts for me.

7) My criticism as well, would have been good to see some young lads with at least a chance rather than trying the Long/Theo/Moussa dance again. Only reason I think we're lacking academy lads is that we want to protect him, and the state of the squad is so bad at the moment that we're not confident enough or in good enough form to be able to 'carry' any young players.

Edited by S-Clarke

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

7) My criticism as well,

I'd agree with your general analysis. I'd add that you don't want to bring a young player into a struggling side, and we are definitely struggling. Pre-season might be interesting though.

I think with Romeu you are right and as Steve Grant says in The Guardian article, his legs are beginning to go. He's far too intelligent and professional player not to recognise this and he'd do well in a less frantic league, like Steve Davis has done.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Leicester 4-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic