Leicester 4-1 Saints - Match Thread

Pamplemousse

I'd probably got for something like the below. Don't play players who won't be here next season(broja, long, forster etc). I'd also think it's worth giving Small the game time if he's considered a future player for us.

Mccarthy

KWP Stephens Lyanco Salisu Small

Armstrong Romeu JWP

Armstrong  Adams

• Like 1

Too many players that don't deserve to be playing, but have got to pick some of them...obviously an issue at LB, and maybe we won't want to expose Redmond as a LB and probably will play 5 atb. I'd like to see Armstrong, Elyounoussi, Adams start. Got no time for A Armstrong personally.

4 atb:

Caballero
KWP Lyanco Salisu Redmond
JWP Romeu
Armstrong Elyounoussi
Adams Long

5atb:

Caballero
KWP Bednarek Lyanco Salisu Redmond
JWP Romeu
Armstrong Elyounoussi
Adams

Can we just forefit the game? Really I see no point in it.

Just want to get to end of the season, into the transfer window and see what our new overlords can do to create some optimism. Really getting jaded with things.

But if we must play:

Caballero

KWP Stephens Lyanco Salisu Small

Armstrong Romeu JWP

Armstrong  Adams

Edited by Suhari
  • Haha 1

We'll lose this 3-0 and simply not turn up. Much the same as the last few games really. Sad, but it seems to me something is deeply wrong with the players. Not motivated at all. Perhaps Ralph has lost the dressing room, or perhaps the new owners have already told them all Ralph is offski and they are all a bit pissed off. Who knows. 

Leicester play a game on Thursday night, away to Chelsea.

Again though, which players will look fresher on the pitch come Sunday?

Someone sack the fitness coach. 

I just know I’ll end up watching though but I’ll certainly glance more towards the City game and hopefully an Everton relegation.

Play some U18s, let their reward for winning the league be a day out on an away day on PL soil, with KWP/JWP/McCarthy/Romeu/Salisu the only 5 starting.

• Like 3

Mostly I'm looking forward to eating an incredible curry in the run down backstreet pub we found in Leicester a few years ago. Genuinely one of the best curries I've ever had.

The game, less so. But it's the last one of the season so it's got to be done.

• Like 1

McCarthy

Valery Lyanco Salisu KWP

Romeu  JWP

Armstrong            Redmond

Broja Adams

That's probably as best as we can put out.

I think both ourselves and Leicester have been equally frustrating at times this season, they've underachieved massively though whereas we are more on-par with what we expect. They've got a few players who can make a difference, but those same players want out (Notably Tiliemans). It's the sort of game I can see us getting a win in, as the atmosphere isn't great at the King Power at the mo. But equally we could get trounced 3-0 as per West Ham away at the end of last season.

Why is it that most fans on here want to play the same formation as Ralph most often plays? 
If we don’t flood the midfield like most other teams do we will not control the game, will not protect the back four/two and will continue to lose possession too easily. 
Yes our players are not world class but we have to give them a chance. 
Our two up front, plus our wing backs and others too far advanced is causing us too much pain, we spend most games chasing the ball and wearing ourselves out for nothing.

Last night was actually a welcome change in some respects though we executed the idea poorly with a mess of personnel selection and no pushing up at all. The concept of keeping things a lot tighter is a direction we have to travel in for Ralph’s normal 2 2 6 formation is a waste of time and will get us relegated. 
We are not good enough to play two up front !

3 hours ago, The Cat said:

Mostly I'm looking forward to eating an incredible curry in the run down backstreet pub we found in Leicester a few years ago. Genuinely one of the best curries I've ever had.

Go on, tell us the name of the pub. Interested in going being close to Leicester.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CylonKing said:

Go on, tell us the name of the pub. Interested in going being close to Leicester.

I'll spare myself this amusement. Off to Wembley for the FA Vase final and a few beers.

48 minutes ago, CylonKing said:

Prince of Punjab. It's in the backstreets between the cricket ground and the football stadium.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Away from home in a game with nothing riding on it we’ll probably get something here. 

That's how I feel, especially with the low mood at Leicester. 

I just hope if we do turn up it doesn't fool the club into thinking everything is right. I don't think it will as I don't think they're that short-sighted or reactive, but we'll see.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ we are bad..... These overpaid players and poor excuse of a manager owe us a win! Anything less and the manager and half the players should be in a taxi heading far far away from our club! Should we loose the same old excuses will be wheeled out by Ralph & the players! ..... I.e we stuck to our game plan and were unlucky another day it could have been very different! Blah blah blah

Both teams will hardly be up for a slog so it’s likely to be a pretty boring affair. Fully expecting another defeat, but we might get away with a 0-0 draw. Expecting one of Ralph’s weird team selections too with some fringe players given a start.

5 minutes ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

Away from home and playing like we have for the past few weeks I can't see us covering ourselves with glory. If Burnley and Everton win their remaining 2 games each we could finish in 17th. Sorry Ralph, just not good enough!

I have no problem in finishing 17th, it's a hell of a lot better than 18th. 

4 hours ago, cloggy saint said:

I have no problem in finishing 17th, it's a hell of a lot better than 18th. 

Still disappointing when we showed we could play some good football earlier in the season and thank goodness for the points we won back then against tougher opponents. Man City could only draw with us twice, we beat Spurs and West Ham. It was great watching the players giving their best, playing with some confidence and determination and supporting each other as good teams do. I enjoyed watching our matches and I haven't always been able to say that. The recent slide back to mediocre has me concerned for next season. I am happy you will be satisfied if we end up with 17th place but I am disappointed that a promising spell mid-season couldn't be maintained resulting in Saints sliding oh so close to the drop zone. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Leicester 4-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic