Leicester 4-1 Saints - Match Thread

Pamplemousse

23 minutes ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

Still disappointing when we showed we could play some good football earlier in the season and thank goodness for the points we won back then against tougher opponents. Man City could only draw with us twice, we beat Spurs and West Ham. It was great watching the players giving their best, playing with some confidence and determination and supporting each other as good teams do. I enjoyed watching our matches and I haven't always been able to say that. The recent slide back to mediocre has me concerned for next season. I am happy you will be satisfied if we end up with 17th place but I am disappointed that a promising spell mid-season couldn't be maintained resulting in Saints sliding oh so close to the drop zone. 

I can see why some are disappointed not to build on our good spell but the fact is those performances are the exception, not the rule. We're a small(ish) club with very little money, every season we survive in the top flight is a success in my book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

This has Leicester winning 3-0 written all over it. We are a team full of disinterested, demotivated and fragile snowflakes. Ralph will play the same lame tactics then come out with more pathetic crap after the game. 

Think that happened on the last day of the season a year ago, 3-0 at West Ham I believe.  We were utter garbage that day.

7 hours ago, ozzmeister said:

Do people still dress up for the last away game of the season? Haven't seen it mentioned recently but remember in the past we did Marsden, Kachoul, Strachen.

Seen a few people suggest they will go dressed like they're off for a day on the beach, which is very apt I feel

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ozzmeister said:

Do people still dress up for the last away game of the season? Haven't seen it mentioned recently but remember in the past we did Marsden, Kachoul, Strachen.

Dress up like a traffic cone to honour the players...

• Haha 1

Just glad the season never went on for 2 more weeks. We would of been dead certs for relegation.
How Ralph is going to keep his job is a joke. Also letting him have a big say in the next one that takes over him is pathetic.

Team news?

Dont play those that are fucking off next season and bed a few youngsters for the future.

Edited by Pilchards
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Pamplemousse said:

Seen a few people suggest they will go dressed like they're off for a day on the beach, which is very apt I feel

Probably the furthest stadium from the beach out of the entire football league!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, igsey said:

Probably the furthest stadium from the beach out of the entire football league!

Had to check!  Furthest point from the sea in England is a place called Coton in the Elms in Derbyshire apparently.  Which turns out to be 5 miles from Burton on Trent.  So I think that the answer is Burton Albion.

I know that SMS is the lowest stadium above sea level in the league, although Everton's new stadium at Bramley Dock may turn out to be lower.

Really not interested in the game on Sunday at all

There's only one saints game of any note this weekend and that's tomorrow. Sunday would only be worth it if travelling up in a minibus, beers on the way, decent lunch, more beers, take in some live sport from 3pm somewhere in Leicester, more beers, curry, playbus home.

3 minutes ago, warsash saint said:

Any witty songs, chants for Mr / Mrs Vardy??

I was just about to type this!

We've already sang the national anthem on Tuesday, booed Danny Ings at Villa Park, gave Mason Greenwood abuse at OT... could be the first set of fans to get involved in the "Wagatha Christie" trial.

4 hours ago, Dorchester Saint said:

I literally couldn’t care less about this game. 

Do I presume correctly that you and others who profess "don't give a shit about this game" will not come on here and criticise the performance after the event ??

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, nta786 said:

I was just about to type this!

We've already sang the national anthem on Tuesday, booed Danny Ings at Villa Park, gave Mason Greenwood abuse at OT... could be the first set of fans to get involved in the "Wagatha Christie" trial.

26 minutes ago, warsash saint said:

Any witty songs, chants for Mr / Mrs Vardy we can all sing along to on Sunday??

Obvious one is the simple 'Rooney, Rooney'!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maury Dyer said:

This may well be Ralph's 'goodbye and thanks for all the money'. OR the board will wait until next Christmas when we are rooted at the bottom, and then sack him; when it's too 'kin late.......

And Can somebody please tell me what's gone wrong since last February.??

2 hours ago, eurosaint said:

Do I presume correctly that you and others who profess "don't give a shit about this game" will not come on here and criticise the performance after the event ??

Might save myself some time and criticise before the game.

Here goes:

Shit McC beaten at near post and parried back to striker

Wtf is this formation

Wtf is this lineup

Bednarek, I've seen oil tankers turn quicker

Great shot Redmond, scuffed to keeper/20 yards over

Is Moi even playing?

Shit effort, no passion shower of bastards and passengers

Great sub Ralph, AA in the 90+4 minutes! 

Missed anything?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Pamplemousse said:

I'll be on the beers on the train up, in the stadium, and on the train home. Hopefully it'll be a fun day out, our fans will have a good sing song, not too fussed about the football tbh

Looked like we'd sold about 2500 so could be right, thought our support was good at Brentford despite the football so hopefully same again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eurosaint said:

I’m generally realistic about our performances and regularly call out bedwetters and deluded teddy throwers. But I literally am not interested in this nothing game, particularly as the last 10 games have been so utterly shit. So, nice post, but you’ve got me wrong and as it’s a free country, I will decide on Sunday wether I come on here and comment either way. That ok with you? 

Edited by Dorchester Saint
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OttawaSaint said:

Here goes:

Wtf is this formation

Wtf is this lineup

Is Moi even playing?

Missed anything?

Good idea. That's freed up my Sunday. Thanks! 🙂

1 hour ago, OttawaSaint said:

Here goes:

Wtf is this formation

Wtf is this lineup

Is Moi even playing?

Missed anything?

Need to use that to play an in match drinking game. Whenever DT or Mr X mention one of them you have to down a can.

Also add in a shot for one of these:

Batman mentions we're going to finish below Everton or Howe is a good manager.

Dman brings up the 9-0.

You better take Monday off work to recover. Good luck.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, fanimal said:

Ought to get Dave Merrington in the dressing room before the game and if necessary at half time to give them an absolute earful

"What you don't want to do is concede another 9 goals".

That'll fire them up I reckon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Maury Dyer said:

This may well be Ralph's 'goodbye and thanks for all the money'. OR the board will wait until next Christmas when we are rooted at the bottom, and then sack him; when it's too 'kin late.......

It will most certainly Be the latter! 

14 hours ago, Dorchester Saint said:

I’m generally realistic about our performances and regularly call out bedwetters and deluded teddy throwers. But I literally am not interested in this nothing game, particularly as the last 10 games have been so utterly shit. So, nice post, but you’ve got me wrong and as it’s a free country, I will decide on Sunday wether I come on here and comment either way. That ok with you? 

I was only winding you up (and others)  😊

Feel free to comment as you like... as you say it's a free country !

10 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Can you make up a set of bingo cards, then we could all play?

Unlikely Bingo cards...

And Long gets his hat-trick!

That's 10 for Saints! That will put some ghosts to rest.

It's a well balanced Southampton line up today.

Hasenheuttl just taking a moment to listen to advice from his back room team.

No mention of JWP's scoring record at any set piece, even in his own half.

Saints could be further ahead, if it wasn't for the performances of Bertrand and Vestergaard.

McCarthy's pin point delivery is forcing the Foxes to defend deep.

Broja kisses his badge. He knows where he wants to play next season!

More midfield dominance from Southampton.

Adam Armstrong barely has time to score, before the next pass cuts through the Leceister defence. Saints creating constantly.

We're stunned here as, after chants of "Rooney, Rooney" Jamie Vardy has said "Yeah, it was the missus." on the PA system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Maury Dyer said:

Sports Republic have said he is staying and there will be a big shake up. Knowing the football intelligence of the Sports members I reckon some of them will be in place already.

Fraser Forster has officially said goodbye so there will be a goalkeeper in place already.

12 minutes ago, manji said:

Sports Republic have said he is staying and there will be a big shake up. Knowing the football intelligence of the Sports members I reckon some of them will be in place already.

Fraser Forster has officially said goodbye so there will be a goalkeeper in place already.

Very interesting - where did you hear this Manji? 

31 minutes ago, manji said:

Can Ralph really keep his job if we take a severe beating?

53 minutes ago, manji said:

It seems to be what everyone is hearing, and it needs to happen. We can't keep standing still, we've been somewhat forced to in recent years due to Gao but I'm really hopeful that this new takeover changes that.

Like you said, these are smart people in charge. They're not going to be content with us sitting still every year. Rasmus himself knows from his experience at Brentford that it requires investment, and clever investment at that. I think we are on the path of being a development club, but we need a bit of help to kick start that process because we don't have a squad full of much quality to re-sell at the moment.

If we have that initial investment, sign sensibly and smartly, we will hopefully have that conveyor belt of developing/selling for big bucks/going again in place over the next few years. It's the model clubs like us have to use if we want to be successful and I'm happy with that. Bigger clubs follow very similar principles, notably Dortmund and the RB clubs. Whilst it's probably disappointing for them to lose Dembele, Werner, Dayot, Halland etc after a couple of years, they replace well and go again. That's what we've got to do and that's why scouting is so important for clubs like us, as we can't repair our mistakes. (as we've seen).

• Lighthouse changed the title to Leicester 4-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic