Romeo Lavia - Official: Signs for Not Liverpool

Saint Garrett

11 hours ago, Dusic said:

The way The Athletic reported it was a bit like with Bazunu, all agreed but probably hasnt done the formalities, medical and actually signed.

Anyone know if he had Belgium games and therefore quite possibly still on holiday?

Hopefully it gets officially done soon.

Once Phillips move to City is complete I think Lavia deal will be completed too. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

I hope so. The longer this goes on the more nervous I am about it actually happening. 

Same. Any time a Saints transfer draws out I feel like it's going to fall through.

28 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Yep, same.

I hope we don't miss out on Rudi Skacel. I'm pinning all my hopes for the season on him. Has he signed yet?

He's signing on the pitch before our home game, Jim Branning will be letting off balloons first.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

I got a text from a mate in Manchester last night. He reckons Lavia isn't coming. 

Hopefully he's just trying to wind me up as he knows I was looking forward to him signing. 

What would put him in the position to know anything about the transfer? Merely being in a city doesn't qualify ITK status. 

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Office

Edited by Matthew Le God

27 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Can someone help me?

Is this signing 'insane', like Tino? Or does it need to be labelled differently?

I thought Simeu was the insane signing? Besides, the politically correct term is ‘mentally hilarious’.

8 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Physically strong, quick,  good at driving forward, good ball winner, Ive watched him loads since he was at anderlect and always thought he’d be the perfect replacement for Romeu even when he was 15 and I saw him play in a pre-season youth tournament in France which I saw when I was on holiday there. Colossal signing.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Great read, thanks for posting. I know he's only 18 and he's got a lot of developing to do, but much in the mould of ABK and Bazunu, if you looked at the position on the pitch and the traits the player needed to have to fit our style, he seems to tick every box.

36 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Physically strong, quick,  good at driving forward, good ball winner, Ive watched him loads since he was at anderlect and always thought he’d be the perfect replacement for Romeu even when he was 15 and I saw him play in a pre-season youth tournament in France which I saw when I was on holiday there. Colossal signing.

Boom. That ticks the box.

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

I was wondering if there's any mileage in using that as a rhyme in a song.

Oh Romeo Lavia the one and only

his name would be Labia if he’d gone to play in spain

now he’s on the south coast and thinks Pompey are a pain

Edited by Turkish

2 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Good for him that he didn't go to a La Liga club in a region of Spain where they pronounce 'V' as a soft 'B' 

Think we and our new recruitment chief are competing with the La Liga club to sign his younger smaller brother.

If we sign him we’ll have to list them as  Lavia Majora and Lavia Minora in the squad.

(Try getting that on the back of your shirt). 

16 minutes ago, Badger said:

Think we and our new recruitment chief are competing with the La Liga club to sign his younger smaller brother.

If we sign him we’ll have to list them as  Lavia Majora and Lavia Minora in the squad.

(Try getting that on the back of your shirt). 

Big lab little lab keep it in the box.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Romeo Lavia - Official: Signs for Not Liverpool