Romeo Lavia - Official: Signs for Not Liverpool

Saint Garrett

• Lighthouse changed the title to Romeo Lavia - Official: Signs 5 year contract
10 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

2 more to go 😊 (not including Charles De Ketelaere)

Is that one a goer!? 

I had that filed under “tabloid nonsense” when I saw it. Wouldn’t come cheap, would signal serious intent if we pulled it off. 

thought he was holding off for AC Milan. 

This is good ownership. Identifying players and going out and getting them early, giving them as much of a pre-season as we can. This time last summer we had signed just Perraud and Walcott on a permanent, waiting another 21 days for Ollie Lancashire, 22 days for Dynel Simeu and 27 days for our next first team signing, Tino Livramento.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarvSFC said:

This is good ownership. Identifying players and going out and getting them early, giving them as much of a pre-season as we can. This time last summer we had signed just Perraud and Walcott on a permanent, waiting another 21 days for Ollie Lancashire, 22 days for Dynel Simeu and 27 days for our next first team signing, Tino Livramento.

We appear to finally be doing things properly 👍🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarvSFC said:

Bit like when Kevin Keegan signed, everyone remembers where they were when heard Ollie Lancashire signed.

Hope we can reach the same dizzy heights again this summer.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Has there been any genuine links to kalajdzic?

Orstein in May and Bild in june. Pretty sure there was another link a couple of weeks ago from an Austrian source claiming we were hoping to do a quick deal and SK was open to working with Ralph. Probably find it if you trawl back through the transfer thread.

9 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Has there been any genuine links to kalajdzic?

Can't see anything recently, he's been most recently linked to Roma, Leipzig, Spurs and West Ham. Few older links to Man Utd and Bayern. 

Regarding kalajdzic, I don’t know much about him. Anyone fancy providing a summary and the obligatory utube links?

Edit: actually here’s something…this guy looks exactly what we need…

Edited by Saint Fan CaM
Added info
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, revolution saint said:

Orstein in May and Bild in june. Pretty sure there was another link a couple of weeks ago from an Austrian source claiming we were hoping to do a quick deal and SK was open to working with Ralph. Probably find it if you trawl back through the transfer thread.

May have to wait until the end of the Austrian training camp for more input on this one.....

1 hour ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Regarding kalajdzic, I don’t know much about him. Anyone fancy providing a summary and the obligatory utube links?

FIFA 22 - Sasa Kalajdzic - Base Card - 77 Rated (realsport101.com)

all that matters

The

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Looks a very different type of player to Broja…. More like competition for Adams rather than playing with him. 

Wouldn’t mind him and a loan (Broja / delap?) to compliment Adams and Armstrong… or is that just greedy. 

This window is creating a bit of excitement and nervousness at the same time. Our approach is brave as hell, if it works we've got ourselves an England RB Lipzig/Dortmund model and that's very exciting. But if it flops we'll be in the Championship.

Personally I don't think it'll flop because the young players we are signing are top of the tree quality wise.

1 hour ago, Dman said:

Looks a very different type of player to Broja…. More like competition for Adams rather than playing with him. 

Wouldn’t mind him and a loan (Broja / delap?) to compliment Adams and Armstrong… or is that just greedy. 

I think he looks different in the sense that (a) he looks more composed, (b) can actually head the ball, (c) understands how to assist a team mate in front of goal.  Broja was good but I think this guy is or can be better assuming Ralph's playbook doesn't rob him of his abilities/potential.

Given the game time we afforded Broja, it will be very disappointing if he goes to someone like Everton (I know they are a ‘bigger’ club, but they are a mess atm). It’s a shame we weren’t able to take advantage in January and sign him up. I’m sure the £15m we spent on Armstrong would have been better spent on Broja but he was a bit of a unknown risk comparatively at the time. 

it’s good to see us snapping up the top talents from City’s academy now to avoid history repeating. Our new owners are really supporting this model and if (big if) these players can hit the ground running like Tino/Broja, we will be in for a very exciting season.

On 06/07/2022 at 23:24, revolution saint said:

On 06/07/2022 at 23:24, revolution saint said:

23 hours ago, tajjuk said:

Can't see anything recently, he's been most recently linked to Roma, Leipzig, Spurs and West Ham. Few older links to Man Utd and Bayern. 

Thanks both - would be good but can’t see it myself.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Romeo Lavia
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Romeo Lavia - Official: Signs for Not Liverpool