Tottenham 4-1 Saints - Match Thread

Bad Wolf

1 hour ago, Saint_Jonny said:

The absolute bedwetting scenes on here. I won't lose sleep after losing one game to a top four team with one of the best attacks in Europe. 

Yes we could have stopped the balls into the box they scored from, and the OG was laughable, but calm the fuck down. 

The result's not the worrying part, the worrying thing is playing a left winger as a wing back, a second string RB at CB, and our least effective forward up front on his own. Then bringing on Stephens for Valery and I'm still not sure what position Stu Armstrong has taken up, On top of that, a shellacking like this is not what you want when JWP and KWP are getting their heads turned by big spenders. If you were KWP would you be looking forward to the season after this?

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

The absolute bedwetting scenes on here. I won't lose sleep after losing one game to a top four team with one of the best attacks in Europe. 

Yes we could have stopped the balls into the box they scored from, and the OG was laughable, but calm the fuck down. 

So other than doing the basics right we’ve been great, yes?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Golac's Iron Gonads said:

The result's not the worrying part, the worrying thing is playing a left winger as a wing back, a second string RB at CB, and our least effective forward up front on his own. Then bringing on Stephens for Valery and I'm still not sure what position Stu Armstrong has taken up, On top of that, a shellacking like this is not what you want when JWP and KWP are getting their heads turned by big spenders. If you were KWP would you be looking forward to the season after this?

Great points.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Golac's Iron Gonads said:

Nailed it. It's so bad it's almost funny.

2 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

I can’t defend Ralph anymore, this is pathetic!! 
I just don’t know who could replace him though. 

That's like staying with a shit girlfriend just cos you haven't got a decent replacement lined up. He had to go ages ago. He's still shit. He still needs to go. Today is/was pathetic. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Embarrassing defending today. Salisu is nowhere near as good as the happy clappys on this forum make out, hence why no team is sniffing around him despite him running his contact down. Laughable that our new CB signing is deemed 5th choice for this game. 

I'd say your time is up Ralph but it's been up for some time. We concede goals for fun and have done throughout his entire tenure but the fan club don't think that's his fault, laughable. 

I bet the fan forum next week will be full of a load of back patting though.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saints foreva said:

I bet the fan forum next week will be full of a load of back patting though.  

"hi, I am Tony and have been a ST holder for the last 27 years.  Let me speak on behalf of all Saints fans by saying Ralph, WE LOVE YOU"

2 minutes ago, egg said:

That's like staying with a shit girlfriend just cos you haven't got a decent replacement lined up. He had to go ages ago. He's still shit. He still needs to go. Today is/was pathetic. 

Agreed. Run out of patience now. Utter shit again. Same old issues same mistakes. 

• Like 2

Just now, Saints foreva said:

He will have plenty in his post match interview. I wonder who he will throw under the bus this week. 🤔 

About time whoever does the interview put him under some real pressure - they always give him an easy ride.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

I was in favour of backing Ralph with a decent summer, and I'm not gonna wet my pants after one game... but fuck me these defensive performances are spectacularly tedious.

I was too but it’s the same old basic mistakes. Basic errors even a league two coach could fix, pathetic 

• Like 4

Completely and utterly pissed off. Pathetic on both ends of the pitch. Only positive is Lavia looks decent. 

Bin this crap formation, sign some attacking players and stop playing the same shite defence we had to watch collapse again and again last season. 

Finally lost my patience with Ralph. 

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Tottenham 4-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic