Tottenham 4-1 Saints - Match Thread

Bad Wolf

I think we may lose overall but I'd like to see some positive signs. Bodies on the line, neat passing, hard working that sort of thing. Something to build on for the future. Attack still needs some work it seems.

Spurs 3 Saints 1. 

• Like 2

I can't see anything other than a Spurs win.

If we're going 5 at the back, i really hope Lyanco starts over the poor Bednarek.

I also can't say i'm a fan of the 1 up front (alongside 5 at the back). So i'd much rather see Adams & A.Armstrong lining up.

Edited by Baird of the land

I think it is very difficult to predict next week's team

Foe my sins I am going with
                                           Bazuma.
Valery      Bednerak                               Salisu     Peraud.

KWP            JWP            Romeu         Armstrong S

Aribo                               Adams   

This is on the basis of Valery doing better than expected in pre season and when KWP has moved forward he has the skills and pace to suit the role
Bednerak only for his experience at the moment and having played with Salisu before.
Not too sure about Stu Armstrong on the left but Djenepo is too much hit and miss for me and there could be a case made for Redmond but he has not shown up too well so far in pre season.
Up front there is a  case for Adam Armstrong but in my opinion Che Adams just shades it.
However with 5 subs there is quite a few changes that could be made as the game evolves.
The squad itself is relatively string in depth but to my mind only JWP and KWP are certain starters.

I am really not sure what the best team is here.

I think I’d vouch for a 3 at the back though to match Spurs.

Spurs have their fourth and final fixture tonight against Roma, otherwise their results on paper don’t look spectacular but I don’t have the context for each match. 

Spurs pre-season results:

13 July Team K-League 3-6 Spurs 
16 July Sevilla 1-1 Spurs 
23 July Rangers 1-2 Spurs 
30 July v Roma (Haifa - 7:15pm)

Bazunu

KWP, ABK, Salisu, Lyanco, Perraud

JWP, Romeu

Aribo, Stu

Adams

I think a 3421 with Aribo/Stu in the wide 10s perhaps for me but that team looks horribly lacking on pace though. 
But I do think Bednarek will end up starting and perhaps Elyounoussi. 

I think it will finish 1-0 Spurs, but we’ll do surprisingly okay but end up with zilch with a Son sucker punch against the run of play at some point.

• Like 1

As it seems very likely that we will play 5 at the back I would go:

Bazunu

KWP Bednarek ABK Salisu Perraud

Romeu JWP

Stu Aribo Adams

Im not optimistic with one up top but I feel like we need the creativity of both Stu and Aribo going forward - I still think 4-2-2-2 suits us best as we can play with 4 attackers but I trust Ralph tbh. We need to start fast this season as not winning a game till October last season definitely held us back 

Another pre season where we haven’t set on a starting 11 so nobody has any idea what he’ll do next week, including the players I expect. 

No doubt a few positives but ultimately it’ll be a heavy defeat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

Scenes when we start McCarthy in sticks, Djenepo at LWB and Bednarek causing us chaos at the back.

We’re in for a hiding. 

McCarthy won't start. Djenepo might do but he's done quite well in pre season so what's the problem there?

Bednarek is nowhere near as bad as people make out. He's an average CB playing for and average team.

• Like 7

I'm going on Saturday fully expecting us to lose to a Champions League team who spend millions on players and have one of the best strikers in the world. I won't be disappointed if we do because it surely has to be expected?

• Like 4

I would personally go with something like

Baz

Lyanco       ABK        Salisu

KWP           JWP      Lavia         Djenepo

Aribo            S Armstrong

Adams

Having said that I expect it to be Rom and Bednarek in for Lyanco and Lavia.

• Like 4

Even with Richarlison being suspended their forward line looks formidable, always expect Kane and Son to do well against us. 

Spurs 4- 1 Saints, with us being 2 down quite early on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

I would personally go with something like

Baz

Lyanco       ABK        Salisu

KWP           JWP      Lavia         Djenepo

Aribo            S Armstrong

Adams

Having said that I expect it to be Rom and Bednarek in for Lyanco and Lavia.

Pretty accurate for what I think Ralph will go for. Not enough in attack there goals-wise but i suppose if we can try to get "nil" then we have a chance of finding the odd goal for a win. I just think Spuds will be too strong and dirty. Getting it right against Leeds will be more important.

Start of the season optimism kicking in maybe, but I think we're going to get something out of this. I'm going for a 1-2 win for Saints. Early Saints goal (A. Armstrong) cancelled out by a Spurs numpty, only for JWP to score from a free kick or place the ball on someone's head for the winner.

• Haha 1

For all the SFC fans saying shit like 'we will lose guaranteed' - how much have you put on?

Currently if you chuck 100 on Spurs you'll get 140 back. Surely the easiest 40 you'll ever earn?

Bet you've put fuck all on ain't you? Wankers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Offence

Bazuna

KWP.              ABK.                   Salisu.            Peroud

Lyanco   Romeo     
         Armstrong.           JWP                 Aribo

Adams  

Defensive

Bazuna

KRP.             ABK.       Lyanco.    Salisu.         Peroud

JWP               Romeo

Armstrong                                  Aribo

Adams

6 hours ago, Rut said:

For all the SFC fans saying shit like 'we will lose guaranteed' - how much have you put on?

Currently if you chuck 100 on Spurs you'll get 140 back. Surely the easiest 40 you'll ever earn?

I've never put a bet on anything whatsoever for my entire life. Does that mean I can't express an opinion about an upcoming football match on this forum? I think not.

I think you've ben influenced by two many gambling company adverts, sweetheart. Some of us just go about our lives without ever putting a fucking "acca" on.

I fully expect us to lose on Saturday.

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, Spitz said:

Please can the folks who open these kind of threads put the date and ko time in the title.

Every little helps!

Thank you.

Is this thread for next weeks game or next season? Very confusing.

There’s the Kane doesn’t score in August hope. Also we put best performance of season there last season.

Not massively hopeful. 2-0

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rut said:

I wont be gambling thank you. 
does not change my prediction that we will get soundly beaten. Beaten by a team with better players and our own shite manager

Edited by AlexLaw76

14 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I wont be gambling thank you. 
does not change my prediction that we will get soundly beaten. Beaten by a team with better players and our own shite manager

What happened the last time we played a league game vs Spurs away with our shit manager and worse players?

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Tottenham vs Saints - Saturday 3pm
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Tottenham 4-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic