Tottenham 4-1 Saints - Match Thread

Bad Wolf

1 minute ago, saintant said:

Is anyone other than Ralph surprised? He's just gone for extreme measures to try to stop the goals going in - trouble is, it doesn't work for us.

It will ahve been a worry a lot of us ahd: that the repalcement fro Ralphball would rob of of that dynamism when it was going well, but not be able to shore us up or be creative enough either. Still, only a goal in it...

Just now, Nemi said:

As someone who’s unable to watch, is it actually that bad or is it just that Spurs have a far superior set of players compared to us?

We are poor and a much better Spurs team aren;t having to work to hard to look that much better than us. And as I type, that's another one...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DT said:

Strange selections. Tick. Dodgy tactics. Tick. Ralph slotting straight back into it. 

Let's hope it doesn't take too long for Ralph to learn that, with the players he has, 3 at the back doesn't work. It just leaves us totally exposed.  When he did it before. it was, in effect, 5 at the back, as he just needed an extra central defender to cover for Vestergaard, but the way he's playing it now, we really are left with only 3 defenders, which is suicidal when they are players of such limited ability.

• Haha 1

Salisu has been awful pretty much all this calendar year. We’re depressing to watch right now, still can’t do the basics .We spent all pre season with this nonsense 3 at the back to make us hard to beat, yet we still have no idea how to defend. I think I posted in the opening thread of the 2017 season that Stephens shouldn’t be anywhere near our line up, yet here we are 5 years later still trying to pretend he is a premiership level defender. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Tottenham 4-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic