Tottenham 4-1 Saints - Match Thread

Bad Wolf

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

We have, as evidence by the three players who are in it. Without Baz, Lav and Aribo we’d mostly likely be playing a different formation with Forster, Moi and Redmond. Djenepo is only playing because we have injuries to two first choice fullbacks, Valery is clearly preferred to ABK and Lyanco today but that’s not to say this will be permanent. We just have better options.

All that said, we’ve still got three weeks to go and are apparently still in the hunt for a decent striker.

Madness to suggest that today's team is an upgrade on last season's. We were shit then, and are worse now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Probably not the only one, but Djenepo was well out of position all the way through that move for the 4th.

He was, but he’s not a defender and he was committed to attack, that is the risk using full backs as wingers. 

I was excited for the season this morning. Now I can see it is going to be a long season. Sack off this 3 at the back nonsense (we don't have the CBs!) and go back to 4-2-2-2. At least we'd offer more in attack than trying to go defensive against one of the best attacks in the Premier League.

1 minute ago, Toussaint said:

He was, but he’s not a defender and he was committed to attack, that is the risk using full backs as wingers. 

true. I've been wondering why we've not been able to get him into more attacking places, where it's okay to try and take people on. He's doing it from deep positions, and SPurs toy with him, drawing him out of position adn punishing him.

The absolute bedwetting scenes on here. I won't lose sleep after losing one game to a top four team with one of the best attacks in Europe. 

Yes we could have stopped the balls into the box they scored from, and the OG was laughable, but calm the fuck down. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Unfortunately this was on the cards - new players maybe, but same tactical shite from Ralph. I honestly think a better Manager gets more from this squad, but we desperately need a much better striker or two…not bargain basement.

Good to see Ralph has done the obvious and brought on a defender when 4-1 down. FFS.

• Like 3

Just now, Saint_Jonny said:

The absolute bedwetting scenes on here. I won't lose sleep after losing one game to a top four team with one of the best attacks in Europe. 

Yes we could have stopped the balls into the box they scored from, and the OG was laughable, but calm the fuck down. 

🤣

• Like 1

F*ck me! Fallen apart. Spurs have so much more quality than us but quite how Romero didn't get a booking is beyond me.

I'm a  Ralph fan but he's got this very wrong. I didn't expect to win but we need to find a way to be more competitive. How we are playing with no striker is beyond me - clearly isn't working. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint_Jonny said:

I expected to lose today but to see us capitulate again is surely a concern? This could be a cricket score and it's not because we are 'going for it' in any way. If we went for it at 2-1 down and Spurs smashed a few in fine but I can't even discern what the plan was/is today.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Tottenham 4-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic