Aston Villa 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

whelk

5 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Tonight is a rare date night with my missus, daughter is with my parents. She wanted to go to the cinema and have a meal in a restaurant. I got my way... Saints on Sky and a takeaway.

if you get a few beers down her in the first half you might be able to slot her during half time as well. I'll keep an eye on the match thread for an update.

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Turkish said:

if you get a few beers down her in the first half you might be able to slot her during half time as well. I'll keep an eye on the match thread for an update.

If JWP bangs one into the top corner to win the game in the 90th minute I worry we'll end up with a second kid by the end of injury time. 😁 (probably need at least 2 minutes of injury time though.)

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

no 3rd activity or does that depend if we win 🤪

Win maybe. Lose and she'll be lucky to get a game of Kerplunk out of me.

13 minutes ago, trousers said:

You could've taken her up the Shard

Aa London buildings go, I think a game of hide the Gherkin would be more apt.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

4222 or 4231 with Arma off the left? 

Actually cannot believe that Elyounoussi is starting over Stu, Aribo or Edozie. 

I dont know how he keeps getting on................honestly you watch, points to a good game very rarely cares out what he should do(but hope he contributes). Wow promising bench warmers and hes a starter..........................AGAIN.

Some may be unhappy with our lineup but Villa Talk is much less happy about theirs. Typical posts:

Unbelievable that he benches Dougie after the last match. How can SG be the only one who can't see that Ramsey and McGinn can't play together in midfield? Not particularly happy about Konsa either. SG out.

honestly can't believe he is playing that midfield 3. Just sack him already. Drops Luiz. Goes back to the McGinn, Kamara, Ramsey midfield 3.Konsa still there despite playing like a member of the U12's. This manager is a joke.

And many more like that

5 minutes ago, saintant said:

What is the story with AMN? Surely he would be a certainty for the bench unless there is an issue we are not aware of.

Ralph: “He is a very good player on the ball, but he has to learn that our game starts when the ball is not with us."

Needs to work harder I presume.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Aston Villa 1-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic