Man City 4-0 Saints - Match Thread

Turkish

29 minutes ago, Turkish said:

2-1, we led for a bit as well they scored the winner very late, I remember it well as it was my sons first away game. We went into the city club shop after to let the traffic die down and he roped me into buying him a City kit, £90 later FFS think the league cup game was 3-1

The disapointments just keep on appearing this weekend...>sigh<

🙂

8 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

The disapointments just keep on appearing this weekend...>sigh<

🙂

Honestly it was brilliant tag selling,  it was my own fault I suppose, he asked for a city shirt to “remember his first away game by” didn’t check the prices thinking small kids shirt, £35 tops, they asked at the till if he wanted to add shorts and socks, which of course he did, they then said you can add your favourite players name if you want, he was only 6 and didn’t know any city players so they just went through them until they got to De Bruyne which of course he said “yes him” thank you sir £90 please want to add yourself to our mailing list? If saints did more of that rather than just grunt at you they might do a bit better

Edited by Turkish

2 minutes ago, fanimal said:

Has anyone got Covid?

If so please sneak into City’s training ground this week and slobber over as many players as possible after cuddling Haaland and take a really big one for the team!

Yes I do! I tested positive on Friday, not a bad idea that….

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Honestly it was brilliant tag selling,  it was my own fault I suppose, he asked for a city shirt to “remember his first away game by” didn’t check the prices thinking small kids shirt, £35 tops, they asked at the till if he wanted to add shorts and socks, which of course he did, they then said you can add your favourite players name if you want, he was only 6 and didn’t know any city players so they just went through them until they got to De Bruyne which of course he said “yes him” thank you sir £90 please want to add yourself to our mailing list? If saints did more of that rather than just grunt at you they might do a bit better

I can't believe you bought your son the kit of an English team that isn't Saints.

Doesn't matter that he was 6, you have to instill these principles early. What's that going to teach him ffs? You've pretty much encouraged him towards the world of half and half scarves and getting the bingo bus to away games already, haha.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

If you think thats bad, in his last 3 games he's scored more goals 9 that our entire team has  (8) for the entire season.

The kid is only 22 too. What's he going to be like when he hits his peak? 😨

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

I can't believe you bought your son the kit of an English team that isn't Saints.

Doesn't matter that he was 6, you have to instill these principles early. What's that going to teach him ffs? You've pretty much encouraged him towards the world of half and half scarves and getting the bingo bus to away games already, haha.

A save is that he didn't know the names of any City players. Obviously at 6 , Turkish will have ensured his son can recite full commentary of the '76 final. 🙂

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

To be honest in my defence at the time I was going through an anyone but Liverpool stage, his (non blood related) uncle is a Liverpool fan, when I say fan I mean watches all their games on telly and repeats the shite spouted about how great they are that he hears on sky,  and was pushing that down on him so it was a defensive reaction. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Who would take another 9-0 if it meant Ralph was sacked?

Actually I kind of support Saints and I'd prefer to see at least some signs of positivity and heading in the right direction, even if the scoreline is fairly comprehensive. F**k knows what 9-0 would do to young Baz's confidence but hey, sack Ralph and I'm sure he'll turn into Lev Yashin.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Actually I kind of support Saints and I'd prefer to see at least some signs of positivity and heading in the right direction, even if the scoreline is fairly comprehensive. F**k knows what 9-0 would do to young Baz's confidence but hey, sack Ralph and I'm sure he'll turn into Lev Yashin.

Calm down sunshine. I hope we win and I hope Ralph turns it round I don’t think he will but I’d never go into a game hoping we get another embarrassing thrashing. Just asking the question.

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Calm down sunshine. I hope we win and I hope Ralph turns it round I don’t think he will but I’d never go into a game hoping we get another embarrassing thrashing. Just asking the question.

Sadly, I'd be willing to bet there are people hoping for just that. 

Well let’s start with how many goals we’ll likely score? None.

Then what the possession stats will likely be? 72% City.

How many goals have City got in them? Judging by the Utd game and examples of our inept rudderless defending, at least 7.

Think is the easiest game of the season to predict a sound loss…they are just too damn good and we’ve got clowns for a management/coaching team.

41 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

They have a mid week game.

That's all I've got.

Anything below 5-0 would be good right now. 

They are quite kind fixtures for City though, Copenhagen home this Wednesday and Copenhagen away Tuesday after our game, not really fixtures they'd rest players for. 

Saints on the other hand will have one eye on Pompey away in the Hampshire Senior Cup on Tuesday 11th, big derby and clearly our best chance of silverware this season 

• Haha 1

For what it's worth the betting markets think it's less than a 90% chance that City win.  Roll a pair of dice. If they add up to five, then Man City won't win. 😉 

There is a lot of luck in football.  You never know. I for one will be watching with excitement - for at least the first 10 minutes.

57 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

We will do better than some people think this weekend but that's partly because we will be so defensive. 3-1 City. 

I know people love a good 9-0 prediction but we’ve generally defended much better this season, with ABK. In fact since his debut against Leeds, Everton was the first time we’ve conceded more than one goal and that was largely the ‘keeper’s fault.

I think they’ll probably get four or five but that’s basically a par score for a club like us against City.

If City play as well as they did yesterday, almost certainly this will be Ralph's annual 9-0 thrashing. I see no way that our centre backs can stop Haaland or indeed Foden.

If ever there will be a 'hide behind the sofa' moment this coming weekend will be it.

At least old Ralphie boy will go out with a bang!.💥

Edited by Charlie Wayman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Totton Saint said:

After watching City beat United I think Saints will be utterly  dismembered on Saturday. What has happened to the team that beat Chelsea so well?  I cannot get  associated with the current hotchpotch of a squad or put faces to the names.

You have summed up perfectly my own feelings towards Saints at the moment and probably those of many long term fans. Totally bewildered by what's happened and is happening week-to-week.

19 hours ago, Turkish said:

Who would take another 9-0 if it meant Ralph was sacked?

Even that wouldn't spur the owners into taking action they can't as they've tied all their allegiances to Ralph 

Edited by Mr X

• Lighthouse changed the title to Man City 4-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic