Saints 1-4 Newcastle - Match Thread

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

50 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Makes you wonder why Man City bothered with that £230m total deal for Haaland, if not having a decent striker is just, "excuses".

I think you have a point, in that we failed to get a striker, that wasn’t totally on Ralph, but he simply has to get better result and performances out of what he has or he has to go. It is literally what most mid to bottom teams have to do.

But your constant defence of him, whilst admirable, boarders on blind faith, and you continually trot out excuse after excuse for him. Every team wants to buy a Haaland, but when they dont, they play to their strengths generally, which isnt really something Ralph has done consistently or effectively.

I just find your constant excuse finding laughable, Ralphlon has many considerable faults, and will very likely be replaced this month.

If and when that happens, and we start playing better and picking up points, will you acknowledge that other people can and will have done better than Ralph, or will you trot out a load of other BS cos we brought new players in Jan 23 😂

Just read the Athletic article with Redmond, sums up the situation of someone politely saying what a load of bollocks it has largely been playing under Ralph.

Seriously, people hounded out Hughes, and Pelligrino, and rightly so, and they are largely comparable with Ralphs performances.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, John B said:

It is not depressing really just reality get a grip we have very few top class players so who ever is the manager we are going to struggle that is life expecting consistently good results is insanity

Might as well give up then

Wasn't expecting Walcott to start. Seems a bit random, but it did make me laugh when I saw it and thought about how many people on here it would piss off.

Good to see Bella-Kotchap back, feel a bit sorry for Caleta-Car though as he's not done anything wrong.

• Like 1

Well, Aribo has been shit so I can sort of see the point of Walcott, but I'd have preferred AMN up there and Lavia in the middle. Not sure wtf the full back situation is all about though. 

We're fucked. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Why’s there a pigeon next to the subs players names on Twitter? Never noticed it before. 

There was a pigeon on the pitch during the Arsenal match - particularly noticeable during our goal.

Some of their fans seemed to be going nuts about it, saying it had distracted Ramsdale. 🙄

• Haha 1

Just now, LGTL said:

Struggling to think of a poorer starting 11 we’ve had in the Premier League since we got promoted. 

Weak in all departments, still can't get my head round all the fans giving out 8/10 transfer window ratings then you look at what we have on the pitch 

Hope they can surprise us today 

• Like 1

Ralph's spin-the-wheel system is working a treat again. Should be 1-0 down by HT no problem. Then 2nd half we can remove all the players that should never have started, change the system and chase the game but not quite get a result. Deja vu.

• Like 1

So we need to keep it tight, only one nil down at half time before Ralph says "let's try passing forward and having a shot" during his half time team talk.

Then we come out second half and have 65% possession, 6 shots before getting caught on the counter and losing 2-0.

Bank on it.

• Like 1

Just now, washsaint said:

F**k me, what sort of lineup is that?  Caleta-Car did well and is now dropped....Perraud/larios at RB?  Moi and Walcott?

I foresee goals, goals, goals - but not for SOuthampton.

COme on in Ralph, your time is up.....

Newcastle have looked quite a physical side,  I look at our team can't see who will match them 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, saintant said:

The kid at left back worries me - don't think he looks anywhere near to being ready for the first team yet. He might get hung out to dry today because Howe will make certain they target him.

Surely left back is left footed Perraud no point playing him out of position as well? 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-4 Newcastle - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic