Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

There's a few others lucky not to be in this list but if Lyanco finds himself in the starting 11 on Saturday then I do not know what to say any more

10x better when he came off, absolutely terrible player

Yeah, but the Northam love him. They were chanting his name after the game on Saturday while completely forgetting Perraud who won us the game with his 2 goals. 

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

When Ralph was here we all thought a better manager would get more out of these players.

Jones has been here a bit even three months and I'm already convinced that a better manager would get more out of these players. 
He is a crap manager, with a terrible attitude towards the fans and is tactically inept.

I think Ralph had to go. But I also think if he had remained, we'd be better off under him now.

We didn't need to keep Ralph, but we needed to replace him with someone better than Nathan Jones.

• Like 20

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

When Ralph was here we all thought a better manager would get more out of these players.

Jones has been here a bit even three months and I'm already convinced that a better manager would get more out of these players. 
He is a crap manager, with a terrible attitude towards the fans and is tactically inept.

For sure, if we had a decent manager we would stand half a chance of getting out of this. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

Yeah, but the Northam love him. They were chanting his name after the game on Saturday while completely forgetting Perraud who won us the game with his 2 goals. 

Tragic isn't it. But probably more of an indication on how we haven't had anybody with an ounce of passion/fight in them for a good while

1 minute ago, BotleySaint said:

I think Ralph had to go. But I also think if he had remained, we'd be better off under him now.

We didn't need to keep Ralph, but we needed to replace him with someone better than Nathan Jones.

1 minute ago, beatlesaint said:

For sure, if we had a decent manager we would stand half a chance of getting out of this. 

Both of these entirely. Bet he’s fuming that the club are now shelling out on a striker.

Just now, BotleySaint said:

This. I wasn’t calling for a Ralph to go but thought it was fair enough making a change, but swapping him for this chump is nuts.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

As with Puel the mistake wasn’t getting rid of him the mistake was replacing him with someone worse

• Like 16

I assume the handful of people who STILL bang on about Lemina not putting a shift in during the semifinal against Chelsea in 2018 will be similarly outraged at the crass incompetence of Jones(y) in picking such a shite lineup and formation? No? Does chewing your nails and being Welsh get you some kind of free pass that isn't available to Gabonese midfielders?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Never about you Nathan

Newcastle didn’t have a chance when they were 3-0 up on aggregate and were happy to see it out, which they did with ease. 

Just admit you were wrong Nathan and you cost us the game. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Frustrating because we didn't give ourselves a chance. The starting formation simply didn't work, it was obvious Newcastle were going to go hard at the start of the game so we throw in a totally weak midfield. Absolutely dumb.

Yes, the midfield without Lavia was a huge mistake by Jones - but, more so his starting back 5.   Lyanco at RB instead of KWP, Bednarek instead of either ABK or CC, throwing Bree in (who did show attacking skills in the second half) at RB and playing KWP out of his best position.   These, together with Lavia's absence, were the decisions which handed the place at Wembley to Newcastle inside of 20 minutes.    After that Newcastle were cruising - the spectacular strike from Adams doesn't paper over the fact that Jones picked the wrong team and the wrong structure from the start.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Not difficult to see why he was such a disaster at Stoke

3 minutes ago, Dman said:

Newcastle didn’t have a chance when they were 3-0 up on aggregate and were happy to see it out, which they did with ease. 

Just admit you were wrong Nathan and you cost us the game. 

Deluded as fuck. How many actual saves did Pope have to make during the game. Actually, how many over the two legs? We created fuck all. 

• Like 3

Jones interview summary:

Really disappointed first 20, too passive. Really bad goals to concede. Suicide.

Reaction fantastic, got a goal. Really positive second half.

We have to be better in certain moments.

Che needs to be more instinctive and he’s done that.

When we Tweaked the system they responded well.

every single game we are so so close.

We were best side second half but we can’t give away leads like that.

KWP tight hammy, precautionary.

It was a really good second half after we made positive changes. Better side even with 11 second half.

PL is be all and end all. We’ve shown we’re not far away but we have tough PL games coming up, we need to start these games positive. Everything else is pretty much there.

But…..literally nothing about putting out an absolutely dogshit first XI and a formation the CLEARLY DOESN’T WORK.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 1

I agree with his press conference but.... 

The reason we were shite at the start was because he took a load of off form, non match fit, and unfamiliar players.... And shoved them in an unfamiliar formation. That is why the tracking and marking was bad, why the passing was bad. And as manager that is clearly predictable and should be expected, and it's clearly his fault.... But he left all that unsaid. 

If we get the two attacking players in he will have nowhere to hide if we go down. After 19 games we were 2 points off 14th...he will have signed 5 players and had more than half a season to close a miniscule gap. No way he keeps his job if we get relegated from that position surely? 

I wonder, if we hadn't changed mananger (and style), would we have had signings in the door circa 1st Jan? I'd have backed Ralph to keep us up with a fit lavia and kwp, let alone with someone like alcaraz and a striker / new winger... 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Jones interview summary:

Really disappointed first 20, too passive. Really bad goals to concede. Suicide.

It was a really good second half after we made positive changes. Better side even with 11 second half.

PL is be all and end all. We’ve shown we’re not far away but we have tough PL games coming up, we need to start these games positive. Everything else is pretty much there.

But…..literally nothing about putting out an absolutely dogshit first XI.

Just fuck the fuck off Jones. Better team second half? How many chances did we create? How many saves did Pope have to make? So close? To fuckin what exactly? 

• Like 1

Do the players look as if they’re playing for NJ?  Does anyone appear to care about playing for Saints?

I can’t remember the last time I saw any passion from a Saints squad, apart from a slight glimmer against a dreadful Everton side.

No one seemed fired-up for a cup semi across both legs against Newcastle. The same happened against Leicester in the FA Cup semi under Ralph. We seem inherently stagnant, leading to an unsurprising bottom place position. 

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

I’ll be interested to hear what Jones has to say about his formation choice here. Especially since we’ve actually looked alright second half. First half hour we justblooked lost all over the pitch, some of the players have to hold their hands up but so does the manager. Will he?

He didn't blame the formation, he blamed the players. Now we all know that his formation and line up were the real issue here. Yes the players struggled and were poor, but ditto Bednarek and Bree didn't ask to be shoved into a makeshift back 5 with 3 other players they've not been paired with before this season, and no meaningful cdm anchor in front of them. Jones then wonders why the marking and closing down was poor, or why we had limited tracking from central midfield for longstaff etc. 

Add that to the fact that the whole world understood what atmosphere would be facing the players - and you genuinley need to question his perspective and ability. Especially if he can't see that his team selection and formation directly caused the bad start. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Frustrating because we didn't give ourselves a chance. The starting formation simply didn't work, it was obvious Newcastle were going to go hard at the start of the game so we throw in a totally weak midfield. Absolutely dumb.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

STOP PLAYING FIVE AT THE BACK FFS

He's simply demonstrating his lower league standard footballing intelligence.

We are so easy to score against, because most of our defenders are shite, and the best one, Duje, keeps getting left out for the self titled "gorilla" Lyanco.

A half decent manager (obviously firstly picks his best side,) realises that his shit defence needs the extra protection of a defensive midfielder to help shield them, and minimise their exposure.

It could't be more obvious. It is so obvious that even all us know-nothing fuckwit fans can see it clearly, and keep commenting on it.

Nathan Jones (for the purposes of clarification, an absolutely shit manager at this level) - thinks that by adding more shit defenders, we'll somehow defend less shittly.

That logic itself shows how mentally limited (in football terms) he is.

It is the very definition of mad(nate)ness, to keep on repeating the same mistakes, and expect a different outcome.

Such a shame. A decent window from SR, but with this fucking clown responsible for the major decision making on the playing side, we are still absolutely fucked.

Edited by Rivers
Splelling mithtake
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, BotleySaint said:

Imagine if Ralph had two new attacking players worth a collective £40m at his disposal in August. Given what he was left with and how things were going, a change was probably necessary, but that change didn't have to be someone with zero pedigree or any sign of being remotely good enough to step up to this level.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Rivers said:

A half decent manager (obviously firstly picks his best side,) realises that his shit defence needs the extra protection of a defensive midfielder to help shield them, and minimise their exposure.

It could't be more obvious. It is so obvious that even all us no-nothing fuckwit fans can see it clearly, and keep commenting on it

Man United spent a decade neglecting the holding midfield role, and now they have one of the world's best players in that position, so all of a sudden they look like quite a good team again. Absolutely insane how that position isn't one of the first recruitment wishes for any team with suspect defences. Think of the players we've had in that position over the last decade - Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Hojbjerg, Romeu, Lavia. None perfect, but have all done excellent jobs (to date, in Lavia's case) in that role to the extent that you really notice when they're not there.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, stevegrant said:

Man United spent a decade neglecting the holding midfield role, and now they have one of the world's best players in that position, so all of a sudden they look like quite a good team again. Absolutely insane how that position isn't one of the first recruitment wishes for any team with suspect defences. Think of the players we've had in that position over the last decade - Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Hojbjerg, Romeu, Lavia. None perfect, but have all done excellent jobs (to date, in Lavia's case) in that role to the extent that you really notice when they're not there.

Fred?

6 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

Imagine if Ralph had two new attacking players worth a collective £40m at his disposal in August. Given what he was left with and how things were going, a change was probably necessary, but that change didn't have to be someone with zero pedigree or any sign of being remotely good enough to step up to this level.

I can’t help but believe that Lavia, Orsic, Alcaraz and the two we’re about to sign would have more than made up for the one point Ralph was from safety.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

I can’t help but believe that Lavia, Orsic, Alcaraz and the two we’re about to sign would have more than made up for the one point Ralph was from safety.

Absolutely, and if we could have got Alcaraz (who admittedly was pretty poor tonight, but we were left outnumbered in midfield for some reason :rolleyes:) in August then we'd have been able to free up JWP from his "6" purgatory to the extent where he might not have looked quite so out of sorts for months.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Jones interview summary:

But…..literally nothing about putting out an absolutely dogshit first XI and a formation the CLEARLY DOESN’T WORK.

We could do with a poll. Does anyone else think we are so so close? Because I don't. 

SR spend £100m on new players and yet they keep this joker in charge. It boggles the mind, and brings to mind the biblical phrase "don't throw pearls before swine". It's quite an impressive achievement to be worse than the Clown (Pellegrino, who was also more likeable as a person).

I've been calling this buffoon the Welsh Wigley, but now I know I've been unfair on Wigley. In fact the only previous manager that I would (currently) put slightly below him on the shit manager list is Saggy. Even Branfoot was better than this waste of space, who is so out of his depth, and obnoxious and arrogant with it, that it brings tears to my eyes. 

• Like 4

Just woken up and read some of the quotes from his interview. Is he all there? Has the bloke ever taken ownership that maybe his passive tactical planning cost us this game, and the fact that it’s down to the manager and the coaching staff to understand the message gets through to the players.

Fucking fraud of a manager.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Just woken up and read some of the quotes from his interview. Is he all there? Has the bloke ever taken ownership that maybe his passive tactical planning cost us this game, and the fact that it’s down to the manager and the coaching staff to understand the message gets through to the players.

With the greatest respect, his win ratio is now at around 40%

COYR

45 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

With the greatest respect, he's previously stated (interview with BBC), that he WILL in no uncertain terms take credit for the wins, but he WILL ALSO take credit for the poor results.

He wouldn't lie to us would he?

13 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

With the greatest respect, he's previously stated (interview with BBC), that he WILL in no uncertain terms take credit for the wins, but he WILL ALSO take credit for the poor results.

He wouldn't lie to us would he?

Rule 1 not my fault

Rule 2 not my fault it’s the players and fans

Rule 3 I’m Welsh

Rule 4 God told me I’m brilliant 

Rule 5 Aggression Aggression Agression 

Il stop now before I get accused of trying to destroy the poor soul.

Maybe a deal I’ll stop thinking he is a twat when he stops playing 5 at back and thinks Bednarek and Lyanco is a good defensive formation.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!