• Moussa Djenepo
    • Adam Armstrong
    • Sekou Mara
    • Romain Perraud
    • Mohamed Elyounoussi
    • Che Adams
    • Mislav Orsic

2 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

I have to laugh. All the people saying Lyanco was MOTM. Last week they were calling him a prick and saying that he should never wear the shirt again. 

It’s called man of the match. Not man of last week. Happy to explain it more if it gets confusing 👍

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

JWP for me.

I think he really excels in a midfield three. Absolutely everywhere tonight.

It helps having Lavia back. Now he can concentrate on his own game rather than trying to do everything himself. Really tough to call MOTM tonight could easily be any of Prowse, Lyanco & KWP.

4 minutes ago, saintadjg said:

It helps having Lavia back. Now he can concentrate on his own game rather than trying to do everything himself. Really tough to call MOTM tonight could easily be any of Prowse, Lyanco & KWP.

100%. Lavia's fitness will probably be the main key in whether we go down or not.

I think everyone was at least 8/10, but Lyanco has to take it. He will always be prone to a rash dive in during a game (as we saw when he dived in against Foden), but in the face of criticism, errors he has turned up. The bloke has balls, you've got to give him that.

1 hour ago, Ekelund said:

DCC seems underrated to me. Looks good every time he plays and brings composure to the back line 

He was my MOM. Don't think he put a foot wrong. His positioning is spot on and he deals with things with a minimum of fuss. Very good player.

Play 4 at the back and make sure one of the CB's is him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekelund said:

DCC seems underrated to me. Looks good every time he plays and brings composure to the back line 

I've always rated him, I think he's a class CB. Not particularly cultured, but very experienced and very good positionally. With Salisu and Lyanco you have a bit of a panic moment in them most games, but DCC just has that element of composure to his game which will calm everyone else down in my opinion.

He could have also easily been MOTM, I just gave it to Lyanco because of the balls he's got after his recent troubles.

• Like 1

Lyanco all things considered, after the Forest mistake, deserved it for me. However, DCC was superb - so calm and composed, simple and really effective. The sensible defender it’s felt like we’ve needed for years. Both clean sheets we’ve had this season, he’s played. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

I just read the match report on BBC sport. At the bottom they have player ratings submitted by the public.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64159377

Che Adams was second highest rated. Lyanco was second worst.

The general public are stupid 👀

Just flipped the page to the City players - we certainly did a job on them.

Maybe not MOTM but I thought that was Adam Armstrong's best game in a Saints shirt.  Never bloody stopped, like the proverbial Duracell bunny.  My favourite moment was when he had 5 Citeh players on him, tight on the touchline, could they get the ball off him?  Could they feck.