Protests etc.

Saint Garrett

I see the twittersphere has blown up tonight with hundreds of people tweeting #JonesOut and generally replying to anything and everything with the below banner.

image.png.b72709cf46b9dbab940ead7baca1cee1.png

There has been multiple people talking about potential protests, etc.

This thread isn’t for people to take the piss out of others that want to make a stand, but to discuss ideas of how to make themselves heard.

Assuming he’s still here on Saturday, there’s been rumours of marches, chanting outside stadium, sit in protest, and of course chants etc. 

The fans forum will obviously be very interesting tomorrow, so will be interesting to see how many people turn up to protest outside the ground before the youth game tomorrow night. 

Is there certain things that the fans can all do inside the ground on Saturday, I know the white hanky protest didn’t work very well some years ago 😂, not helped because Pochettino was brilliant from the off. 

Edited by Saint Garrett
  • Like 1

The problem is the battle is now not with Jones, its Ankerson.  He wont be sat on saintsweb, or twitter or listening to the written media. He will be running the situation over in his head, and telling himself " the metrics are never wrong" , look how it worked out at Brentford. The difference being, most of us could thrive under Thomas Frank. Nathan Jones has an unfortunate personality trait that he is not likeable under pressure. Ankersons data analysis, does not take into account that Nathan Jones can now no longer get the team on board, and probably frank always could.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, 31GARRY said:

The problem is the battle is now not with Jones, its Ankerson.  He wont be sat on saintsweb, or twitter or listening to the written media. He will be running the situation over in his head, and telling himself " the metrics are never wrong" , look how it worked out at Brentford. The difference being, most of us could thrive under Thomas Frank. Nathan Jones has an unfortunate personality trait that he is not likeable under pressure. Ankersons data analysis, does not take into account that Nathan Jones can now no longer get the team on board, and probably frank always could.

I do feel Ankersen should be getting a bigger share of the hate right now. He’s the silly cunt that thought Jones was the answer when the majority of people knew otherwise.

• Like 12

Just now, bpsaint said:

I do feel Ankersen should be getting a bigger share of the hate right now. He’s the silly cunt that thought Jones was the answer when the majority of people knew otherwise.

i’m interested who semmens and ralph’s pick was for manager. but yes it seems it was rasmus’ man, he deserves blame 

Just now, Miltonaggro said:

I'd go for a lifesize inflatable effigy of Nathan Jones - 4ft 3ins - to be kicked between the stands for ninety minutes whilst it's leaks helium in an irritating Welsh accent.  Failing that extreme violence, full tonto! 

inflatable coal mining tools to throw on the pitch

• Haha 1

Online protests don't mean much, they are low effort.

Best way to do it is to turn up for Wolves, make a crap load of noise both anti manager and anti board of you like but also support the team.

Then for the game after, if Jones is still in charge protest outside but don't go to the game.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

i’m interested who semmens and ralph’s pick was for manager. but yes it seems it was rasmus’ man, he deserves blame 

I personally think Semmens and Ralph did us alright. But rasmus' decision making has been an absolute car crash from the start. We had stability and indeed growth off the pitch before SR. They've spent over a hundred million and damaged the playing sqaud, and any stability in the coaching, academy, and scouting departments. They're on the verge of setting the club back 10-15 years... 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Saint86 said:

I personally think Semmens and Ralph did us alright. But rasmus' decision making had been an absolute car crash from the start. We had stability and indeed growth off the pitch before SR. They've spent over a hundred million and destroyed the playing sqaud, and any stability in the coaching, academy, and scouting departments. They're on thr verge of setting the club back 10-15 years... 

Has he decimated our playing squad ?  Do you think Lavia, Bella Kochap, Edozie, DCC, Alcarez are bad players ? Quite a few people in the know think Sulemena has the ability to be top top class.  Outside of Romeu who have we lost ?   

Surely the problem is more that these are young players, still learning their trade, and they are being asked to play in a variety of systems that are baffling to the best of us and often don’t suit their abilities.

• Like 1

"Nathan Jones you're football is shit" seemed to get a response last time.

90 minutes of that echoing round the ground might get noticed - Itchen sing a verse, then Chapel, then Kingsland, then see if the kids can remember the words in the Northam, before back to the Itchen and it starts all over again.  

The happy clappers can even join in with a Mexican wave if they want.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, baggytrousers said:

Has he decimated our playing squad ?  Do you think Lavia, Bella Kochap, Edozie, DCC, Alcarez are bad players ? Quite a few people in the know think Sulemena has the ability to be top top class.  Outside of Romeu who have we lost ?   

Surely the problem is more that these are young players, still learning their trade, and they are being asked to play in a variety of systems that are baffling to the best of us and often don’t suit their abilities.

Fine I'll rephrase, they've spent that money on players that aren't ready yet and overall are not of the required standard... Which means we're one of the highest spenders in the league and we've gone backwards vs the competition. I agree lavia and ABK are both good players - but I was talking about the squad, not individuals. When you add that to the total upheaval in coaching setup and playing style (as you say), the academy, scouting and recruitment etc. Then what you have is one big mess - that's the result of 18 months of SR.

The club currently has no visible identity and/or direction. And against all that, performances on the pitch continue to decline. All of which could have been so much different with a good striker and mananger - although that wouldn't resolve the off the field turmoil. 

I don't blame Ralph or Semmens for that tbh. Those 2 had done a good job keeping the club going but didn't have the funds to strengthen the team, I suspect that with the money and no SR oversight things would have been quite different. Ultimatley, it's all since SR and Rasmus came in that it's started to get really messy - and we have to hope they've got the money to see this through, and the ability to learn very quickly now. As for Jones, he is sadly just out of his depth and floundering big time atm. Impressive really quite how much damage he's done to harminony and the fan relationship - if he had just kept his thoughts to himself for the last 2 games' post match interviews it would have been so much better 😂😢... Now it all looks very terminal. 

Sadly a toxic atmosphere won't help the team or the club, similarly I think social media protests have minimal impact. I echo the views that a near empty SMS would make a strong impression, similarly a protest at the fan forum could get the message through.

Edited by Saint86

9 hours ago, Saint86 said:

I personally think Semmens and Ralph did us alright. But rasmus' decision making has been an absolute car crash from the start. We had stability and indeed growth off the pitch before SR. They've spent over a hundred million and damaged the playing sqaud, and any stability in the coaching, academy, and scouting departments. They're on the verge of setting the club back 10-15 years... 

Growth off the pitch before SR, are you serious? There was only one way we were heading under Gao.

Say what you want about Rasmus/SR but they have at least invested and shown intent to try and turn the club around. We have signed some very promising young players, the problem being they didn't balance it out with enough experience but I don't think you can say they've decimated the squad. They clearly need to put an end to the Jones experiment though.

• Like 2

Please protest before kick off inside and outside, protest at half time and protest after the game but support the team loudly and constantly during the game even if we go behind

Show the players, the management and the watching media that the team and club matters to us and the issue is with decision makers and managerial appointments

Any protests during the game are a no 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Growth off the pitch before SR, are you serious? There was only one way we were heading under Gao.

Say what you want about Rasmus/SR but they have at least invested and shown intent to try and turn the club around. We have signed some very promising young players, the problem being they didn't balance it out with enough experience but I don't think you can say they've decimated the squad. They clearly need to put an end to the Jones experiment though.

The academy was the best side in the country last year - outside of man city's u18 galacticos equivalent, and between them they put a lot of effort and good work into the academy and training setup. The scouting had somewhat recovered (i.e. no more leminas, hoedts, boufals, or vestergards) and a lot more smarter acquisitions like KWP, Broja, Tino Salisu, likely ABK etc. The women's team has certainly significantly improved as well... All of which should be praised given we didn't have a pot to piss in and with a significant loan and covid losses hanging over the club. So yes, minus the total lack of funds for the first team, Semmens and Ralph did a fairly reasonable job i'd say.

Also, I didn't say SR "decimated" the squad (that was someone else misquoting me), i'm saying they've damaged our squad - and it is a real mess imo. Now you're ofc welcome to disagree, but we're bottom of the league and have played half a season with no competent attackers for this level. Not to mention our summer of recruitment ultimately weakened our midfield with no cover for Lavia. Where do you stand on the Forster vs Bazunu appraisal? Anyway, I don't know what else you would call that given we're in a league where you have to strengthen just to survive...? We're bottom of the league and have spent half a season with glaring holes in the squad 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Saint86

In the modern media world, images are far more powerful than chants. Non-attendance or a combined demo with images for news and social media will be much more impactful than a few renditions of an anti Jones chant.

Remember, the audience that matters is basically Dragan and he won’t hear anything except what Rasmussen tells him. He will be able to see all of the images on tv, however.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

In the modern media world, images are far more powerful than chants. Non-attendance or a combined demo with images for news and social media will be much more impactful than a few renditions of an anti Jones chant.

Remember, the audience that matters is basically Dragan and he won’t hear anything except what Rasmussen tells him. He will be able to see all of the images on tv, however.

Agreed, although Dragan may attend. Though technically SR are the owners and Rasmus is the king there - i.e. Dragan is the money man, not the boss.

Not saying we should do what Everton's fans did, but they certainly got a reaction by making the atmosphere extremely vociferous for the board - sit ins, protests at the training ground etc. 

SR's approach to Jones has been weak as well. "A stay of execution" - what does that really mean? Are they hoping he'll turn it around? As fans that message surely says that if we kick off enough, he'll be gone... But kicking off and creating a toxic atmosphere will cost us points and increase the likihood of relegation. They'd have been better off saying that he is staying until the end of the season / until relegation, or sacking him imo. Instead they've left uncertainty where increased toxicity will fester.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

Replies are United....

Might be just me but I think it would be more effective if people just typed "Jones Out" rather than uploading a photo. All I see on my phone is just a stream of photo image links rather than actual replies.

And the image is shit as well. At least make him look like a Clown or something.

To be honest, if you want to get change, go after the people above Jones - start posting Rasmus out and going after Rasmus and SR on social media. They are ultimately the ones at fault, and given that, they're probably not that fussed if jones takes flack in the short term.

Conversely, if you shine a light on Sports Republic and get that trending with Saints' 1.5M twitter followers, it will immediatley be damaging their brand and future business opportunities. Nathan Jones is not a brand.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 5