Jesse Marsch

saintscottofthenortham

As if the players came out and said all this. 🤣

Marsch would’ve been decent, and had we gone down I’d have been confident in him taking us back up.

He doesn’t deserve half the shit he gets. He was always going to struggle after Bielsa’s stature, plus alongside player sales and injuries they struggled, that’s not necessarily on him.

Sport Republic looking more comedic by the minute. Can only see Selles being in charge now til the end of the season. Then I’m sure they’ll reassess depending on our league status.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

image.thumb.png.608e9b053dd905e055d3cdba48dede45.png

Can you imagine the interviews where he tells the prospective new manager that the women’s team are the priority over the men’s and that league position doesn’t really matter. No wonder anyone decent is running for hills but Lampard and Rooney are all over it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It's ridiculous that it's got to that stage, but it wouldn't be a bad shout. It won't happen though, that ship sailed and you never go back.

But how we managed that separation was disgusting.

Which bit was disgusting out of interest? 

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Dragging it out for 6 months for no reason at all, and then replacing him with a mad man.

Disgusting is probably a polite way of putting it.

Yes true... What I don't get is why they were willing to give Somone totally clueless 60million worth of players including a striker but not Ralph 

• Like 5

At last some are comming around to the view Ralph was not so bad , as said those Saints fans wanting him sacked are reeping the relegation rewards their memories of 4 years before them had failed .. We were a relegation case for seasons before Ralph arrived and he never had us near the bottom 3 ... As I said be-careful what you wish for ..

I would have the guy back tomorrow ..

Weston  Saint .. you are a clueless twat !

No whats the International code for Austria once again ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SaturdayGirl said:

At last some are comming around to the view Ralph was not so bad , as said those Saints fans wanting him sacked are reeping the relegation rewards their memories of 4 years before them had failed .. We were a relegation case for seasons before Ralph arrived and he never had us near the bottom 3 ... As I said be-careful what you wish for ..

Piss off Ralph. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SaturdayGirl said:

I like Ralph, but weren’t there heavy reports of a breakdown with a number of senior players by the end?

I’d take him back. Maybe he’d feel refreshed after four months off, and a £9m pay off. I would 🤷🏻‍♂️😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Mr X said:

Yes true... What I don't get is why they were willing to give Somone totally clueless 60million worth of players including a striker but not Ralph 

I think the summer undermined Ralph a little bit, there was clearly some chatter about what direction to take and they decided to overhaul the coaching instead. There were also some 'ITK' comments from people which suggested he was walking the plank at the start of the season as he needed to improve dramatically etc, so he was a deadman walking from the summer really and I think he knew that and ditto the players, so it was a really odd scenario from the start.

Given how rapidly we moved for Jones after he was sacked is suggestive to me that the wheels had been in the motion for some time before the Newcastle game, it's no wonder it's all gone to shit. I think SR (particularly Rasmus) have shown Ralph an enormous lack of respect.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, SaturdayGirl said:

We'd probably be in a marginally better place if he'd stayed (just because Jones worked out so Bad) I'm not sure i buy into Ralph was keeping us up guaranteed. Suppose technically we weren't bottom when he left we were in a degree of freefall. 1 game later(away to Liverpool) we were bottom. You could also argue the mistake was keeping him in charge in the summer when they even admitted they thought he'd run out of road.

Edited by Baird of the land
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

Most of us liked Ralph but he was done. I get he was let down with recruitment but it had gone stale, and he was baffling a lot of us with his decisions. Plus he was, in his own words, ready for getting out of the game soon anyway. This is now about the incompetence in replacing him.

That changed the tone totally, I agree. I think the whole club dipped when he mentioned he'd look to retire in 2 years or whatever it was, we lost all the momentum as soon as he said that.

That should have been our cue to start succession planning a bit harder, but I guess that given we had Gao at that point it was probably harder to do that given we had no money.

SR seem to have gone into everything like a crazy-arsed whirlwind though, everything they seem to touch turns to chaos.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, SaturdayGirl said:

Fuck off

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

As if the players came out and said all this. 🤣

Marsch would’ve been decent, and had we gone down I’d have been confident in him taking us back up.

He doesn’t deserve half the shit he gets. He was always going to struggle after Bielsa’s stature, plus alongside player sales and injuries they struggled, that’s not necessarily on him.

Sport Republic looking more comedic by the minute. Can only see Selles being in charge now til the end of the season. Then I’m sure they’ll reassess depending on our league status.

What a complete and utter mess, these owners are on another planet.

They wanted Marsch and then they didn’t … now apparently Selles is the man all along !!!! 

Litterally what drugs are these guys on …. Ankerson seems to have caught something off Jones, it’s mental. If respect is earned then Ankerson has about 1p in the bank… 

• Like 3

Just now, Fan The Flames said:

I think people are over reacting about this, it isn't a clusterfuck, its just a negotiation that fell at the last hurdle. No big deal and not a stick to beat the club with.

I think it's hard not to look at it like that, given all that's gone before.

Not replacing Ralph in the summer, but instead undermining him.

Bringing in a new coach who then leaves 2 weeks later. Bringing in Joe Shields as DoF who then leaves 2 months later.

Sacking Ralph in Nov and the worst of all, hiring f**ing Nathan Jones. And to add insult to injury, giving him an entire 'pre season', winnable bunch of fixtures and a transfer window before sacking him, after publicly backing him 4 days prior.

Everything is a right old cluster fuck!

• Like 13
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Bringing in a new coach who then leaves 2 weeks later. Bringing in Joe Shields as DoF who then leaves 2 months later.

Sacking Ralph in Nov and the worst of all, hiring f**ing Nathan Jones. And to add insult to injury, giving him an entire 'pre season', winnable bunch of fixtures and a transfer window before sacking him, after publicly backing him 4 days prior.

When you break it down like that, it just makes it look worse. This situation was totally avoidable. Whilst trying to be clever on some many levels, SR have just come out looking like total tools. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

I think people are over reacting about this, it isn't a clusterfuck, its just a negotiation that fell at the last hurdle. No big deal and not a stick to beat the club with.

Disagree. To have gone as far we did with a basic decision having been made and then something suddenly emerges that stops the whole thing completely that hadn’t or should have been covered early doors in any meetings is unlikely … 

Sounds to me as though we panicked and had second thoughts…

Ankerson is in this up to his neck and doesn’t know whether to twist, stick, go blind or stack…. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

No I agree with those issues, I'm talking specifically about JM. 

Busy day so just catching up.

So: I think I'm really pissed off that JM isn't joining: a decent manager who would take us forward. The board is a fucking joke.

But also: three days ago I was really pissed off that we were considering JM, a clown of a manager who would take us down. The board is a fucking joke.

I may be being somewhat indecisive this week. Or perhaps I'm not.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

48 minutes ago, SaturdayGirl said:

Amy do you go into gate A?

• Like 1

The mass hysteria on here is beyond belief. Firstly people have got to realise Twitter is not a news source the only way to use it properly is to block any dodgy news source most of the are just parroting another rumour and it snowballs. 
This is a good example “ Jesse Marsch is on the verge of becoming the new Southampton manager, according to breaking press reports 🗞️ “ (according to breaking rumours ).

Secondly we don’t in anyway know the reason why we appointed Nathan Jones. Next we come to the fact we rightly sacked him and are looking for a good manager. Again Twitter nonsense about Jesse. At no stage did Southampton say he was definitely going to be our manager. I would imagine we did interview him but he didn’t reject us, like many negotiations neither side came to an agreement.

cue bed wetting “ we’ve been rejected by Leeds failure “ “ laughing stock “ definite relegation “ just parroting other posts on here.

Bottom line is we are looking for the right manager end of……..

I really don’t think many on here understand how social media works most of them are looking for clicks on posts which they get paid for,

im fairly sure a Twitter post saying Southampton are looking for a new manager would get many clicks.

Edited by manji
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, manji said:

The mass hysteria on here is beyond belief. Firstly people have got to realise Twitter is not a news source the only way to use it properly is to block any dodgy news source most of the are just parroting another rumour and it snowballs. 
This is a good example “ Jesse Marsch is on the verge of becoming the new Southampton manager, according to breaking press reports 🗞️ “ (according to breaking rumours ).

Secondly we don’t in anyway know the reason why we appointed Nathan Jones. Next we come to the fact we rightly sacked him and are looking a good manager. Again Twitter nonsense about Jesse. At no stage did Southampton say he was definitely going to be our manager. I would imagine we did interview him but he didn’t reject us, like many negotiations neither side came to an agreement.

cue bed wetting “ we’ve been rejected by Leeds failure “ “ laughing stock “ definite relegation “ just parroting other posts on here.

I really don’t think many on here understand how social media works most of them are looking for clicks on posts which they get paid for,

im fairly sure a Twitter post saying Southampton are looking for a new manager would get many clicks.

And the prize for the most condescending and patronising post goes to…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, captainchris said:

Disagree. To have gone as far we did with a basic decision having been made and then something suddenly emerges that stops the whole thing completely that hadn’t or should have been covered early doors in any meetings is unlikely … 

Sounds to me as though we panicked and had second thoughts…

Ankerson is in this up to his neck and doesn’t know whether to twist, stick, go blind or stack…. 

See that to me is over reacting, it's a negotiation over a couple of days and one party has pulled out in the last knockings, before an announcement was made. That's it, no big deal.

Everything else you said is speculation and hyperbole.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, manji said:

Secondly we don’t in anyway know the reason why we appointed Nathan Jones. Next we come to the fact we rightly sacked him and are looking for a good manager. Again Twitter nonsense about Jesse. At no stage did Southampton say he was definitely going to be our manager. I would imagine we did interview him but he didn’t reject us, like many negotiations neither side came to an agreement.

This entirely. The amount of people on Twitter that take it as fact is beyond hilarious, but also very embarrassing.

It’s like the reports saying it was the players that decided. Sorry but that is absolute bollocks. Some people believe anything. 😂

28 minutes ago, manji said:

Except it wasn't "twitter", it was The Athletic, the Daily Telegraph and Adam Blackmore, all of which have contact in the club.

And Jessie Marsch clearly was in a Southampton hotel yesterday, or was that made up "on social media", too?

It's clear and obvious that we spoke to him and here we are, he is not going to be our manager.

You can pretend that is some strategic triumph if you like but regardless of who has rejected who, we brought someone down to the city to then not appoint them, and as it stands not appoint anyone else either. 

We all know you are an apologist for this regime but they fucked up the summer window, they fucked up getting rid of Ralph then, they utterly fucked up the replacement which any fool could see was a disaster, they fucked up opportunity to sack him before Wolves and now today as well.....excuse us all for immediately assuming they have fucked up again. Because they're great at it.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 18
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

apparently the players had a bit of a say on Marsch and said they didn’t think it was a good idea. 

Football insider I think this has come from, so likely a load of shit.

But if we are entertaining player opinions (especially this shower of shite squad) on mangerial appointments, then we may as well pack it in as a football club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaturdayGirl said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/non sequitur

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

I think the summer undermined Ralph a little bit, there was clearly some chatter about what direction to take and they decided to overhaul the coaching instead. There were also some 'ITK' comments from people which suggested he was walking the plank at the start of the season as he needed to improve dramatically etc, so he was a deadman walking from the summer really and I think he knew that and ditto the players, so it was a really odd scenario from the start.

Given how rapidly we moved for Jones after he was sacked is suggestive to me that the wheels had been in the motion for some time before the Newcastle game, it's no wonder it's all gone to shit. I think SR (particularly Rasmus) have shown Ralph an enormous lack of respect.

According to reports they were talking to Jones 6 weeks before they sacked Ralph. So not only did they disrespect Ralph, they did the same to Luton by tapping up their manager before the official interview process.

SR might have put a lot of money into transfers, but they have fucked up everything else so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Archers Road Stand said:

We were a relegation case for seasons before Ralph arrived and he never had us near the bottom 3

We had a relegation scare the one season before Ralph arrived but the season before that we were 8th, then 6th, then 7th and then 8th before that.

• Like 2

Maybe SR just need to swallow their pride, ask Ralph to come back and tell the players to suck it. You play for the badge, the club, the fans and yourselves. You don't have to love Ralph, but just go out there and do the job you're being paid for. At least we'd have someone who had experience of saving us from relegation, and might not mind a 4 month contract...

Edited by SaintlySaz
forgot about us
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SaintlySaz said:

According to reports they were talking to Jones 6 weeks before they sacked Ralph. So not only did they disrespect Ralph, they did the same to Luton by tapping up their manager before the official interview process.

SR might have put a lot of money into transfers, but they have fucked up everything else so far.

Everybody does it

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/tapping-up-premier-league-transfer-news-1594907

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaintlySaz said:

Maybe SR just need to swallow their pride, ask Ralph to come back and tell the players to suck it. You play for the badge, the club, the fans and yourselves. You don't have to love Ralph, but just go out there and do the job you're being paid for. At least we'd have someone who had experience of saving us from relegation, and might not mind a 4 month contract...

Have you forgotten what SR said last week about the players morale being rock bottom at the end of Ralph’s reign? And you want to bring him back? Seriously? I don’t want to be rude but your suggestion is madness and there is a lot of insanity around at present. We do not need more. 

• Like 7

Just now, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Have you forgotten what SR said last week about the players morale being rock bottom at the end of Ralph’s reign? And you want to bring him back? Seriously? I don’t want to be rude but your suggestion is madness and there is a lot of insanity around at present. We do not need more. 

And Ralph wouldnt come either so its 100% a non runner

Well woke up in Australia expecting we’d done the deal and seen this. Can’t see us getting anyone better and if we’re expecting Selles to do the job why hasn’t he already. Was warming to Marsch and thinking it could just be right after reading a lot of positive things and talking to a Leeds mate who said he was decent manager. 

1 hour ago, SaturdayGirl said:

What world are you living in? Ralph had lost the plot, the dressing room and was (at least) 6 months late being put out of his misery. The problem, very f****** obviously, wasn’t SACKING Ralph, it was sacking him TOO LATE and replacing him with an incompetent moron.

• Like 7