Saints 0-2 Fulham - Saints Relegated

Dman

Only pick those we want to continue with please or who put a remote bit of effort in;

Bazunu 

Bree 

Bednerak 

lyanco 

Djenepo 

Lavia 

JWP

Alcaraz

Edozie 

Adams 

Sulemana

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SW11_Saint said:

Alcaraz has already indicated he’ll stay even if relegated. Time will tell I guess,  but I hope he does. 

A lot will depend on who we receive offers for, I think if we receive a big enough offer for any player the club will push the player out the door 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Anyone travelling to the game - train strike on Saturday, not sure if any trains will run through Southampton at all. Fulham fan I know giving it a miss now as too much hassle for those who don't want to drive 

• Sad 1

Will be a strange game, will fans turn on the players or will apathy take over with nothing at stake . Even a Saints win would hardly be celebrated just all feels pointless 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, sad saints fan said:

Forget the last 6 . None will be here next season .

Little else we can do on that front, other than throw a load on youngsters in and ruin them. 

Last chance for Selles and the players to put on an entertaining attractive attacking performance as it’s all academic now so at least send us all home relatively happy on the last home Saturday evening of the season 

PLEASE

1 hour ago, JRM said:

A lot will depend on who we receive offers for, I think if we receive a big enough offer for any player the club will push the player out the door 

Totally. And predictably. Which is why I hope Tino doesn’t show his face this season! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

As usual the TV cameras will be searching out any blubbing faces when the deed is done, hopefully our more sensitive types don't oblige.

Surely no one in their right mind is going to cry when it’s confirmed? 

It’s hardly a bolt from the blue. 

Definitely a game for signs, almost guaranteed to get in the press for holding one up. 

Debating whether to go with something positive but simple like "we'll be back" or swap that out for something more negative.

Potential to go double sided and switch it around during the game to cover all narratives.

16 minutes ago, Appy said:

I'll take my white hankie (last seen at the pochettino protest) to dry my eyes  just incase my emotions get the better of me , will also allow me to reminisce about one of the funnier moments of our modern premier league era 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Definitely a game for signs, almost guaranteed to get in the press for holding one up. 

Debating whether to go with something positive but simple like "we'll be back" or swap that out for something more negative.

Potential to go double sided and switch it around during the game to cover all narratives.

Yep "we'll be back" perfect for sky sports news / match of the day crowd shot sat in your seat after final whistle as ground empties around you 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Appy said:

Can’t promise I won’t. I might get hay fever, never had it before, but I think the pollen count could be exceptional around 4.50 on Saturday 

Edited by Toussaint

Just now, JRM said:

Yep "we'll be back" perfect for sky sports news / match of the day crowd shot sat in your seat after final whistle as ground empties around you 

If I encourage one of the kids to cry while holding it up they could be the face of relegation.

It's always odd for the other team, can't imagine Fulham will be that fussed about sending us down. 

Remember when we relegated Wimbledon around 99/00 season there was no piss taking really, Archers Road end singing we'll meet again, don't know where don't know when. Turned out it was at Milton Keynes. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JRM said:

i’m determined to be the one guy sat in his seat 30 mins after kick off. head in hands. 

• Haha 1

KWP, Lavia, JWP, ABK, Salisu - all likely to be gone next season, Moi out of contract, Diallo wants out. I'd say that we should only play the players from now on that will still be here next season mixed with youth BUT we'd be left with no fit full backs and no central midfield! Like:

Baz, Bree, Lyanco, Bednarek, DCC, Djenepo, SArmstrong, Aribo, Charly, Sulemana, Onuachu, Ballard. 😉

We should certainly be looking to incorporate youth though. Certainly Ballard should be involved from now until the season ends. Sod it I'd rather we played Jake Vokins than see AMN put in another performance like yesterday again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JRM said:

It's always odd for the other team, can't imagine Fulham will be that fussed about sending us down. 

Remember when we relegated Wimbledon around 99/00 season there was no piss taking really, Archers Road end singing we'll meet again, don't know where don't know when. Turned out it was at Milton Keynes. 

Yes, was much different then. Fans were almost nice to others about relegation as long as they weren't a rival.

I remember that Wimbledon game too, I think it was quite a big thing compared to some other relegations because people knew they were financially screwed by going down and would almost certainly go bust.

Still, no gloating from our fans because why would you? Compare that to this season when every week we've had fans gleefully telling us we're going down. Even fans of other teams who have been in the Championship recently who you'd think might have a bit more class and understanding. Seems that's gone now unfortunately.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SotonianWill said:

i’m determined to be the one guy sat in his seat 30 mins after kick off. head in hands. 

Don't forget to stare poignantly into the distance. Wearing a replica retro shirt also fits in, especially if it's one from our more successful times.

Where is Rasmus?

The time is now to stand up and take responsibility for his monumental management f-ck ups this season.

He's destroyed our long term belonger status in the PL that took 11 cumulative years to establish. Given it took us seven years to return last time, that's 18 years before we can regain that status, at best. Yes, we'd been in steady decline, but with the resources and opportunity at his disposal we should have been able to preserve our PL status.

If he is to recover any respect, he needs to stand up, take responsibility and demonstrate SR's commitment to investing in our swift return.

That starts with a new manager now. I'd hire Graham Potter now to take the last three games.  

Then with a new Head of recruitment. Astonishing how we can be so tight-fisted for a decade, then waste nearly £50M in panic-buying on Orsic, Ounachu and Suleman who haven't scored a goal (or even mustered an assist?) between them.

2 hours ago, Killers Knee said:

————Bazunu

KWP—ABK—DCC—Perraud

———JWP—Lavia

Sully—--Alcaraz——Edozie

————TallPaul

Bomb down the wings, turn the defenders, lots of crosses for the big man.

I think this is what any panic manager like big Sam would have done instead of trying to be too clever like our mate selles.

(pretty sure perreud is out for the season though)

6 hours ago, The Cat said:

Don't forget to stare poignantly into the distance. Wearing a replica retro shirt also fits in, especially if it's one from our more successful times.

A replica t-shirt that fit perfectly 10 years ago, but not so much now.

It's all in the details!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Killers Knee said:

————Bazunu

KWP—ABK—DCC—Perraud

———JWP—Lavia

Sully—--Alcaraz——Edozie

————TallPaul

Bomb down the wings, turn the defenders, lots of crosses for the big man.

As ABK left on crutches doubt he will be playing and after his performance at Forest he should have taken them on pitch at the start!

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Players will probably get more of this.

I’m looking forward to really getting behind the lads and giving them a good send off. Sadly we won’t see a lot of them in a saints shirt again so we should really show our appreciation for all their efforts. Likewise with the directors like Toby and Martin, they’ve worked so hard and made so many sacrifices for us over the years itd be great to show them our gratitude. I’ve actually bought them all a miniature bottle Prosecco each which I’ll be leaving in reception in gift bags with a little card simply saying “thank you” I will forever be grateful for them keeping us in this league for long. 

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-2 Fulham - Saints Relegated
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic