Saints 0-2 Fulham - Saints Relegated

Dman

10 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Oh, and we'll win, results will conspire to go our way and the inevitable can be delayed a week longer just to string things out.

Most optimistic of outcomes, relegated on the final day on goal difference. Most realistic, relegated on 24 points.

• Like 1

A good cause maybe, but once again the club reading it wrongly.... 

"Southampton's main club partner Sportsbet.io has donated their shirt sponsorship to the Saints Foundation for Saturday's clash against Fulham and pledged to match funds raised by supporters of up to £10,000.

Fans are also being encouraged to make donations as they enter St Mary's, with Saints Foundation asking for a suggested donation of £5 per entry and for fans to show their support by donating £20 if they can."

Edited by miserableoldgit
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Turkish said:

I’m looking forward to really getting behind the lads and giving them a good send off. Sadly we won’t see a lot of them in a saints shirt again so we should really show our appreciation for all their efforts. Likewise with the directors like Toby and Martin, they’ve worked so hard and made so many sacrifices for us over the years itd be great to show them our gratitude. I’ve actually bought them all a miniature bottle Prosecco each which I’ll be leaving in reception in gift bags with a little card simply saying “thank you” I will forever be grateful for them keeping us in this league for long. 

A miniature bottle Prosecco is very thoughtful, but I hope you bought something extra special for Rasmus.

9 hours ago, miserableoldgit said:

A good cause maybe, but once again the club reading it wrongly.... 

"Southampton's main club partner Sportsbet.io has donated their shirt sponsorship to the Saints Foundation for Saturday's clash against Fulham and pledged to match funds raised by supporters of up to £10,000.

Fans are also being encouraged to make donations as they enter St Mary's, with Saints Foundation asking for a suggested donation of £5 per entry and for fans to show their support by donating £20 if they can."

Perhaps the players should donate their inflated salaries for the last year. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

I will pay £100 finest English pounds to anyone that sits in close view of the directors box and brings a sign that says ‘Rasmus you’re a cunt’ and waves it at him.

Rasmus must now be deserving of his own song, even Rupert Lowe had a couple.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Fulham (H) - Relegation party - Saturday 3pm

I can imagine Saturday going one of two ways, either a toxic atmosphere  à la Branfoot/Lowe days,  or a non-stop gallows humour funfest similar to Forest away when relegated from Chamionship. Whichever it is, I doubt anything going on on the pitch will affect it in any way.

We are all expecting a heavy defeat against Fulham, at home, with our Premier League status at stake. Few of us are expecting any effort or guts. Probably only around one person thinks Ruben Selles will pick remotely near the right team, or make the right in-game calls, or set up properly. Let that sink in. That's where we are now. 

And if we don't start making massive changes now with regards to preparing a side for next season, with decent players who care, led by an experienced manager who doesn't just jerk off to Pep formations and theory, we are on an inexorable slide to the lower leagues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll be going; meeting up with some friends I haven't seen for a while, which is what it's all about really. It would be nice to add to our two home league wins but not holding my breath.

Let's hope AMN isn't playing, surely Bree would put in more effort? Bella-Kochup is out injured but was he carrying an injury against Forest as he didn't pull up any trees tracking back or marking during the game? Is DCC available? Adams showed on Monday that he has heart but isn't a goalscorer, Armstrong still anonymous; surely Ballard must get a chance this season as he can't be worse? I suppose it's more about player welfare and mental health and not giving the kid PTSD if you play in that team..

Presumably there are a few songs being prepared.. "Ankerson, you're a wanker son', but what's the tune? Everyone knows "We'll meet again.." but are there any other new ones I should practice in the shower..?

When Rasmus and Dragan came calling,
We thought it would turn out alright,
First Ralph, then Jones, Selles after,
And look at us now, we are shite, we're SHITE,

Look at,
Look at,
Look at,
Look at us now we are shite, we're shite

Edited by sfc4prem

18 hours ago, LGTL said:

Is anyone arsed in the slightest about this? No embarrassing ourselves even more though by blubbing on the tele or clapping those wankers off the pitch. 

Agree. Despite having a ST im not sure i can be bother to travel down  (from north hants) for the game just for an embarrassing capitulation after the first goal goes in. Doesnt seem to be much pride in the team bar JWP, (suprisingly) Janny B, lavia and Lyanco. Most seem to be shrugging their shoulders thinking oh well who do i play for next. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Badger said:

Rasmus must now be deserving of his own song, even Rupert Lowe had a couple.

1 hour ago, suewhistle said:

Presumably there are a few songs being prepared.. "Ankerson, you're a wanker son', but what's the tune? Everyone knows "We'll meet again.." but are there any other new ones I should practice in the shower..?

'Ras-mus, you're a wanker son' to the 'Go West' tune

• Like 3

16 hours ago, bpsaint said:

I will pay £100 finest English pounds to anyone that sits in close view of the directors box and brings a sign that says ‘Rasmus you’re a cunt’ and waves it at him.

I wouldn’t. 

He’ll probably take to his next Ted talk and use it as a slogan saying “I told you I was in demand, worshiped and loved by half the nation” 

• Haha 1

I'm not sure anyone will be too upset at the shock of this relegation.

It's been on the cards since October so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

For me, leaving the Dell was worse than getting relegated.

As for the game, whatever - though I'd rather they didn't turn it on now when it's far too late and go down by a narrow margin.

12 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

Come on Boys we can do this. Keep it tight for the first 65 mins then hopefully we can roll out a triple sub of Moi, AA and Edozie who should see us over the line. COYR

Please, don't you start! It's bad enough reading CBFry and Charlie Wayman's attempts at sarcastic "humour" without adding another one to read on my the depressing visits to this forum. It's depressing enough watching us..

I appreciate we all need a bit of an outlet though, so personally I'm off for a bit of primal screaming, sticking pins in Rish!'s effigy and listening to the Sex Pistols. On headphones of course; don't want to upset the neighbours.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DT said:

We are all expecting a heavy defeat against Fulham, at home, with our Premier League status at stake. Few of us are expecting any effort or guts. Probably only around one person thinks Ruben Selles will pick remotely near the right team, or make the right in-game calls, or set up properly. Let that sink in. That's where we are now. 

And if we don't start making massive changes now with regards to preparing a side for next season, with decent players who care, led by an experienced manager who doesn't just jerk off to Pep formations and theory, we are on an inexorable slide to the lower leagues.

That has already gone. The ship has sailed and is way over the horizon. The train has left and is already in a different country. The waggon train departed days ago and there isn’t even a dust cloud left behind.

Need I go on?

For me, this match represents a massive milestone. 

Over the 11 years back in the big time, we've all enjoyed some rather unexpected wins. The first four years we were trail blazers. 

I'd go as far to say we won't finish 6th or higher in my lifetime. You can quote me, I look forward to it.

But, looking back over our return to the top flight flight, my favorite match differs from most. Getting Mourinho sacked, Ralph crying, defeating Swansea's shenanigans, oh there were some beautiful moments, for sure. But one stands out for me, above the others. And it will be one that many will have forgotten. It might well have only been a 2-0, when in truth it should have been a six. There was no fear, no division. The manger still needed his words translated in the highlight show, that was probably our biggest criticism. 

The team worked together, and smiled together. And this game felt like one of the pinnacles of the time. The high press annihililated Fulham, and propelled us into third place at the end of October. I left that match feeling ten feet tall. I was overwhelmed by just how good we could be. It was the most perfect match I'd ever seen, even though they weren't put to the sword by the end of the 90. 

I've sat through some proper dross since then, but it doesn't change how good those first seasons were. Even what came later after being pillaged. We can hold our heads high. In all honesty, I'm looking forward to the Championship reigniting my love for the game. Going down with Gao would have been far more dangerous. This time we will have to bide our time. Be more united in the stands. But demand more. 

We don't need to do much this summer, just don't self destruct. Can we trust them to not do that?.......

• Like 12

Well I have no idea how we will line up, because it's anybody's guess what names Selles pulls out of the hat this week. 

Nothing we do now matters because only a miracle will prevent us from dropping now, so at the very least I would like to see our forward players just trying to win some FKs around the box so JWP can equal Beckham's record before he leaves. That would be the one solitary crumb of consolation to take from this godawful shitshow of a season.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

That has already gone. The ship has sailed and is way over the horizon. The train has left and is already in a different country. The waggon train departed days ago and there isn’t even a dust cloud left behind.

Need I go on?

spacer.png

• Like 1

Play the so long, and thanks for nothing team

Macca

AMN - Caleta-Carr - Salisu - Diallo

Aribo - Djenpro - Orsic

Elyounoussi - Onuachu - A Armstrong

I can't think of a single reason why we would want any of these players at the club next season.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Saint Paul C said:

Macca

Aribo - Djenpro - Orsic

I can't think of a single reason why we would want any of these players at the club next season.

Looking at that is the reason (along with Jones and Selles) why we are going down.

The recruitment is absolutely abysmal how can a club get it so wrong?

How many of the above will be sold for a profit apart from Salisu maybe?

5 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Looking at that is the reason (along with Jones and Selles) why we are going down.

The recruitment is absolutely abysmal how can a club get it so wrong?

How many of the above will be sold for a profit apart from Salisu maybe?

And that’s what annoys me the most. The recruitment team have got aaay with it for years. Look at the state of that

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Need I go on?

Premier League safety has disappeared over the horizon with It's ass on fire....

8 hours ago, Saint Paul C said:

Macca

Aribo - Djenpro - Orsic

Oof, that is damning.  Well-run they said.  Cripes.  

12 hours ago, LiberalCommunist said:

For me, this match represents a massive milestone. 

Over the 11 years back in the big time, we've all enjoyed some rather unexpected wins. The first four years we were trail blazers. 

I'd go as far to say we won't finish 6th or higher in my lifetime. You can quote me, I look forward to it.

But, looking back over our return to the top flight flight, my favorite match differs from most. Getting Mourinho sacked, Ralph crying, defeating Swansea's shenanigans, oh there were some beautiful moments, for sure. But one stands out for me, above the others. And it will be one that many will have forgotten. It might well have only been a 2-0, when in truth it should have been a six. There was no fear, no division. The manger still needed his words translated in the highlight show, that was probably our biggest criticism. 

The team worked together, and smiled together. And this game felt like one of the pinnacles of the time. The high press annihililated Fulham, and propelled us into third place at the end of October. I left that match feeling ten feet tall. I was overwhelmed by just how good we could be. It was the most perfect match I'd ever seen, even though they weren't put to the sword by the end of the 90. 

I've sat through some proper dross since then, but it doesn't change how good those first seasons were. Even what came later after being pillaged. We can hold our heads high. In all honesty, I'm looking forward to the Championship reigniting my love for the game. Going down with Gao would have been far more dangerous. This time we will have to bide our time. Be more united in the stands. But demand more. 

We don't need to do much this summer, just don't self destruct. Can we trust them to not do that?.......

That Fulham performance was fantastic, although the one where we beat them 0-3 at theirs with 3 brilliant goals by Lallana, Lambert and Jay-Rod stands out too.  Agree with most of this.  Other than Ralph crying, which was embarrassing for us; made it look like we were small time.  Which we are of course.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miserableoldgit said:

Premier League safety has disappeared over the horizon with It's ass on fire....

You leave our donkey out of this. What has he ever done to annoy you?

Apart from playing like shit at Forest.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

Interested to see what it's like at St Mary's tomorrow in terms of attendance and atmosphere. Imagine there will be quite a few empty seats and it's going to be difficult to get excited even if we're winning. Wonder if the supporters are going to make their frustration known or if they've just accepted our fate and will just get behind the team and clap them off again. 

Part of me hopes that tomorrow will just confirm it, bored of the inevitable being dragged out for so long. 

I'm quite looking forward to the Championship anyway, can't wait for this season to end! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

That Fulham performance was fantastic, although the one where we beat them 0-3 at theirs with 3 brilliant goals by Lallana, Lambert and Jay-Rod stands out too.  Agree with most of this.  Other than Ralph crying, which was embarrassing for us; made it look like we were small time.  Which we are of course.    

Ralph crying was a real embarrassment you’re right.

it also seemed to mark the end of Saints playing well under his management, we have been shit ever since.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-2 Fulham - Saints Relegated
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic