Organisational changes

jawillwill

Good news that Semmens is out. Also good news that Dragan Solak is on the board and thus, hopefully  taking a greater interest.  But personally I have zero faith in Rasmus Ankersen and the Kraft fella.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, EBS1980 said:

Yet another Man City link to the club. I wonder if we have some unofficial partnership going on with them? Too many links and ex staff and given we wanted their assistant as manager too, hmmm

I think they probably are looking at the most successful football group on the world and chucking money at the experts who helped create to do so the same for them, perhaps only on a smaller scale.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, IOWSaintDaz said:

Glad Semmens has gone as was out of his depth and had no prior football knowledge but how Rasmus Ankersen is still there after all he was responsible for conributing to our demise this season beggars belief

Because he is a co founder of the whole thing. 

• Like 6

Thank the lord Mr "we should be grateful to just be here" is being shown the door. That mentality has gotten us to where we are now, and hopefully this is just a minor blip and the Sports Republic team can build a winning mentality and bring us back up next season!

• Like 3

It's a real shame that Semmens won't be able to oversee the women's team growing bigger than the men's, but at least he won't have to be paid to watch the club anymore. I guess league positions did matter at the end of the day.

On that note, did we all catch what the Norwich sporting director said about their women's team: 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Does have a bit of the Lee Hoos/Wilde et al feel to it all.

I'm indifferent to some of the other names and roles, but this one gives me concern: 

Rasmus Ankersen will continue as CEO of Sport Republic, overseeing football strategy. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Badger said:

I'm indifferent to some of the other names and roles, but this one gives me concern: 

Rasmus Ankersen will continue as CEO of Sport Republic, overseeing football strategy. 

Am stunned we even have a strategy to oversee

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Badger said:

As posted above, he's part owner and co-founder of Sport Republic. He will not be going anywhere 

Edited by jayrivers
typo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, jayrivers said:

As posted above, his part owner and co-founder of Sport Republic. He will not be going anywhere 

Perfectly understood. But it doesn't mean I don't have concerns about his involvement given the muppetry we've seen from him to date.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I think it’s pretty clear that we’re going to throw quite a bit of money around to get out of this league next season. Unfortunately, I think they’re appointing the wrong person and it’ll end in yet more tears. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I wouldn’t say Martin Semmens leaving is anything to be singing and dancing about. Not as much as people are making out anyway. 
He steadied the ship hugely during the Gao years and was generally open with everything the club did.

SR came in like a bull in a china shop and you can see that they froze Semmens out straight away.

SR are the ones that have been reckless.

You could visibly tell how pissed off Semmens was at the fan forum a few months back.

• Like 15
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I wouldn’t say Martin Semmens leaving is anything to be singing and dancing about. Not as much as people are making out anyway. 
He steadied the ship hugely during the Gao years and was generally open with everything the club did.

SR came in like a bull in a china shop and you can see that they froze Semmens out straight away.

You could visibly tell how pissed off Semmens was at the fan forum a few months back.

Exactly this. He feels like a fall guy for Rasmus' absolute mare / cock up of a season... no 2 ways about it for me. 

Semmens did very little wrong in his tenure with cards he had, and if anything, he had a strong hand in keeping us up for longer than we probably should have been, clearing the deadwood on a shoestring, and keeping us comepitive... What do fans expect with zero investment, debts hanging over the club, and players like hoedt, carillon, lemina etc to shift. Him and Ralph take a lot of credit together on that front. 

In 12months of decision making, Rasmus/SR have largely  dismantled all of the progress they made; and spent £160M to weaken the squad, saddle us with greater debts, get us relegated, and reduce our income... If you were picking ceo's out of Semmens or SR's side, you'd be a brave man to pick from SR - putting it kindly. 

Semmens was also very transparent with the fans... Good luck with that given Rasmus "I won't get too involved" is now in sole unopposed control - or maybe i am being too harsh on him there? I guess he did turn up at the fans forum and engage in debate 🤣

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 13
  • Sad 1

So, how does the hierarchy work?  Is chairman (Daragan), senior to CEO (Rambo)? Henrick is chairman of sport republic ? Toby Steele hasn’t left, thought he was leaving? What are the 1’s and 2’s after the names? Would Anyone who understands the set up care to post  an org chart?

Edited by Toussaint

Just now, Toussaint said:

So, how does the hierarchy work?  Is chairman (Daragan), senior to CEO (Rambo)? Henrick is chairman of sport republic ? Toby Steele hasn’t left, thought he was leaving? What are the 1’s and 2’s after the names? Would Anyone who understands the set up car to post  an org chart?

Dragon is the Don...The Boss

Rasmus is the Consigliere

Henrik is the Underboss...Street Boss

The rest listed are Capos

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Dragon is the Don...The Boss

Rasmus is the Consigliere

Henrik is the Underboss...Street Boss

The rest listed are Capos

I’m sure you right but Rambo has been referred to as “Sports Republic” on here in the past?

43 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Have to say I agree with this. Although it’s being sold as Semmens is paying for us being relegated I would not be at all surprised if he was not in control of the Jones fiasco and all of the player recruitment decisions. Of course he couldn’t stay under the new regime so I just wish him good luck. I think he did a lot for the club the past 4 years or so and sure he will not be out of work for long.

So the new owners no longer have any one to blame from now. Hope they do a better job next season than they have done so far. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HarvSFC said:

It's a real shame that Semmens won't be able to oversee the women's team growing bigger than the men's, but at least he won't have to be paid to watch the club anymore. I guess league positions did matter at the end of the day.

On that note, did we all catch what the Norwich sporting director said about their women's team: 😂 

Webber: I don't mind being a human shield.

So brave

Webber: I've been to the city centre three times, twice to feed homeless people.

So selfless

Webber on racist abuse: I'm in a privileged position

So woke

On the club's finish: Up until the last but one game we were right in the race for the top six.

So delusional. They were so tepid and off the pace, that you're think Webber was just off being at our club for a run in.

In an interview where, as a club employee he's a bit too honest in a part of it and says he's not keen on visiting the centre of. He says they don't have to sell, while highlighting the players he wants to sell: He slates the tactics that got them relegated last time, although made no attempt to have a word while it was going on.

This guy's so off in his own world, he might as well change his name to Rasmus. 🙂

Clearly a massive summer of change with almost all senior staff leaving.

Certainly good to see this happen early on, and we juat have to hope the people they bring in are highly competent, e.g the ex CFG guy who will be an independent director.

The fact they are replacing Semmens as CEO rather than one of HK or RA taking that role is also positive I think.

My main concern is that there isn't really anyone of any seniority on the football side or academy who will remain, and surely some specific expertise/knowledge about Saints specifically will be lost.

That said, Jason Wilcox is a very good appointment IMO and that makes me confident as no chance he would have left City after building a great reputation if he didn't believe in SR's plans.

Darren Mowbray also seems a pragmatic, sensible choice rather than a trying to be too clever pick.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Toussaint said:

So, how does the hierarchy work?  Is chairman (Daragan), senior to CEO (Rambo)? Henrick is chairman of sport republic ? Toby Steele hasn’t left, thought he was leaving? What are the 1’s and 2’s after the names? Would Anyone who understands the set up care to post  an org chart?

[1] Appointed by minority shareholder Katharina Liebherr. - Bogli
[2] Will serve until his departure later in the year. - Steele

I thought Semmens did a decent job until this season. That said, he was also a complete cock at the summer fans forum. 

SR now fully on the reins, it’s their shitshow to sort out. At least Dragan being more hands on might mitigate Rasmus’s worst impulses unless they have been subject to some critical thinking and expertise first. 

• Like 3

Pleased to see that there has been a refreshing of the boardroom and Dragan will have a more hands on role. Sad to see Martin Semmens depart. Despite what some say on here, he did such a good job working alongside Ralph when we had a shoestring budget. He was always very honest with us and generally cared. I wish him well for the future.

• Like 6

Rolf has been Kat’s advisor and a very important figure behind the scenes since before the sale to Gao. Important in getting a fantastic financial deal for Kat. Guessing his role will be to maximise her return from any future sale, as well as protecting the minute legacy of her father that is left.  No Tim Greenwell listed on the board so perhaps he will be next to get the kick…although from what I’ve heard, I’m sure he will be nicely positioned to do well in spite of Southampton FC given that he’s always been in it purely for himself. 

Glad to see Toby Steele will be staying for the foreseeable future so that he can ensure a seamless transitions for fans of teams in the Championship to enjoy their days out at St Mary's next season.

I expect him to close further parts of the stadium after Sunday's game as our fans should take the blame for selling their seats back to the club and these tickets then ending up in the hands of Liverpool fans. 

Ok. This is the main board comprised mostly of people who own the company. They can set the strategy and guidelines. Who however is the "operational board"? The people who actually run the club on a day to day level. Who decides which players we buy and sell ? Who decides on the colour shirts that we play in  next season? Who decides on the food and drink availability in the concourses? 

Dragon and co  are not going to get involved in this and these are the sort of decisions that affect the average fan. Who is going to be making these sort of decisions? 

Just now, Tamesaint said:

Ok. This is the main board comprised mostly of people who own the company. They can set the strategy and guidelines. Who however is the "operational board"? The people who actually run the club on a day to day level. Who decides which players we buy and sell ? Who decides on the colour shirts that we play in  next season? Who decides on the food and drink availability in the concourses? 

Dragon and co  are not going to get involved in this and these are the sort of decisions that affect the average fan. Who is going to be making these decisions? 

46 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Dragon and co  are not going to get involved in this and these are the sort of decisions that affect the average fan. Who is going to be making these sort of decisions? 

The incoming CEO I presume. Until then it’s Kraft, but you’d hope they have someone lined up. The new person will appoint a  COO presumably who’ll oversee day-to-day operations. Wilcox in charge of the footballing side. 

12 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Because he is a co founder of the whole thing. 

He is a director but he owns no shares, nor has any equity in the business. The Sport Republic is 100% owned by Sport Republic Holdings which in turn is 100% owned by Dragan Solak.  If Dragan Solak wants Rasmus Ankersen out, Rasmus Ankerson is out. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Morse said:

He is a director but he owns no shares, nor has any equity in the business. The Sport Republic is 100% owned by Sport Republic Holdings which in turn is 100% owned by Dragan Solak.  If Dragan Solak wants Rasmus Ankersen out, Rasmus Ankerson is out. 

That’s what I always thought, but several posters have insisted Rambo is “the man”, I could never see this, he who pays the piper ……..

Edited by Toussaint

12 hours ago, EBS1980 said:

Yet another Man City link to the club. I wonder if we have some unofficial partnership going on with them? Too many links and ex staff and given we wanted their assistant as manager too, hmmm

We want to go heavy and emulate CFG, that’s basically the model that SR want and as such it looks like we’re trying to bring in as much experience from that organisation as possible, undeniably I think it’ll end up/has ended up strengthening the links between us

12 hours ago, disconnect said:

Thank the lord Mr "we should be grateful to just be here" is being shown the door. That mentality has gotten us to where we are now, and hopefully this is just a minor blip and the Sports Republic team can build a winning mentality and bring us back up next season!

Agree… Semmens gets a lot of hero worship but he was, imo, part of why we as a club were all over the place in the summer, like I said before I believe;

- He was charged in getting a striker over the line in the summer and failed

- There was a lot of misalignment between SR and Semmens footballing vision and they clashed

- He was instrumental in keeping RH and then appointing Selles

I’m also not convinced he did a ‘fantastic’ job under Gao, it always felt to me like he basically managed our decline, we majorly got away with it that was imo, strongly because Ralph over achieved and there was a lot of dross in the prem

12 hours ago, Badger said:

Perfectly understood. But it doesn't mean I don't have concerns about his involvement given the muppetry we've seen from him to date.

He isn’t going anywhere but I think his ‘stepping back’ is going to an oversee role for building the overall footballing group, my understanding is he will still be sticking his nose in to ‘help’ wilcox etc though… but.. I do think he got his hands burnt over the winter window so hopefully won’t be as blaise about his ideas

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Morse said:

Dragan is more invested in SR than he is Saints, make no mistake about that

He’ll want out of SR/Saints before he ditches Rasmus from what I believe 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

All well and good trying to emulate CFG.  Not going well, and we have zero idea how the master that is Rasmus will spearhead a promotion charge.

No confidence held by many......

Last year was a fuck up but it was on more than just Rasmus, I think most sensible people looking into the club can see that tbh

Lets see what we do this year, they needed to get organised quickly and that looks like it’s happening 

A lot of the success of the multi club model will be dependent on us anyway

• Like 4