Organisational changes

jawillwill

1 hour ago, Morse said:

He is a director but he owns no shares, nor has any equity in the business. The Sport Republic is 100% owned by Sport Republic Holdings which in turn is 100% owned by Dragan Solak.  If Dragan Solak wants Rasmus Ankersen out, Rasmus Ankerson is out. 

That's wrong. I haven't got the screen print to hand, but Rasmus has a shareholding in one or both companies. Dragan does not own 100% of the shareholding. 

• Like 1

The ownership is more complicated than Dragan owning 100%. Let's not forget Ms Liebherr still has a shareholding.

But the important statement is the one from the published accounts for Sport Republic UK Ltd (formally Sport Republic Holding Ltd), which were published 30th June 2022, and I quote:

"The directors consider the ultimate controlling party at the Statement of Financial Position date to be Mr D Solak".

So, directors will be answerable to the shareholders. If the shareholders wish to remove a director, I would expect them to be able to do so. If shareholders wish to remove a fellow shareholder, that should also be achievable, subject to any shareholder agreement clauses and the exchange of a wad of cash.

So if Dragan wants to sack Rasmus as a Director of any of the companies involved, I would be astonished if there is anything (other than potential compensation) that would prohibit him from doing so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smirking_Saint said:

He isn’t going anywhere but I think his ‘stepping back’ is going to an oversee role for building the overall footballing group, my understanding is he will still be sticking his nose in to ‘help’ wilcox etc though… but.. I do think he got his hands burnt over the winter window so hopefully won’t be as blaise about his ideas

I do think he was partly forced into a more forward role over the season. They have been faced with a lot of people leaving as they aren't happy with SR's changes. Whether these are the right changes or not, only time will tell. But we weren't exactly excelling in any areas before they arrived. Yes we had a budget, but even within that our recruitment has been largely poor over the last few years! 

They are trying to rebuild the club from top to bottom, and if people aren't aligned with that vision it makes it a lot harder to achieve. Granted they haven't shown much to have confidence, but I think next season is going to be the season to judge. Personally I think they weren't quick enough to make their changes and now are realising it needs to be more drastic. Again, only time will tell if these changes are the right ones, but I think this is what they should be judged on. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, jayrivers said:

I do think he was partly forced into a more forward role over the season. They have been faced with a lot of people leaving as they aren't happy with SR's changes. Whether these are the right changes or not, only time will tell. But we weren't exactly excelling in any areas before they arrived. Yes we had a budget, but even within that our recruitment has been largely poor over the last few years! 

They are trying to rebuild the club from top to bottom, and if people aren't aligned with that vision it makes it a lot harder to achieve. Granted they haven't shown much to have confidence, but I think next season is going to be the season to judge. Personally I think they weren't quick enough to make their changes and now are realising it needs to be more drastic. Again, only time will tell if these changes are the right ones, but I think this is what they should be judged on. 

Yeah thats how I see it, tbh Shields was a poor employ from the start, clearly he isn’t the most professional of people, and if Im honest his socials never painted a particularly strong picture of him being so. But still.. his leaving left the club in the shit. There is probably a level of arrogance to say Rasmus was comfortable covering this role in the short term, and it failed.. why they never tried to replace sooner who knows ?

From a recruitment POV I’ve spoken before about how its been poor for a while, youth recruitment has largely been a success but signing impactful signings to deliver straight away is very poor… despite many wanting to bash Reed/Semmens/Rasmus or whoever is in charge in the main a club will recruit based on scouting, not the DoFs main recommendations

But yes.. I think a large part of our failure was that SR enacted major changes early/mid season aswell as carried an older boardroom set up that just didn’t align, work well with SRs vision.. when you add that to poor player recruiting, manager changes etc then the overall lack of stability anywhere was always destined to be disastrous

Now… Im not absolving Rasmus of any blame, he is culpable as much as any, he even said as much BUT I’m not sure the intention was that he was going to be making all the key decisions as he was. I cant speak of what/if any involvement Crocker had but sounded like he was marginalised which is a shame as whenever Ive spoken to him, which admitted isn’t frequent, he seems a very grounded, sensible and intelligent footballing guy

Like you say, this year is where we can judge SRs full ownership with no distraction or excuse and they have a significant job BUT seem to be lining up their ducks quickly and sensibly… so far

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mattio said:

So on the whole, are these positive changes?

Well I would say it depends almost entirely on whether the CEO they hire to replace Semmens is competent, so hard to judge.

But at least they are making decisions and making them quickly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Yes, at least they havent waited until after the final match and therefore wasted another week in what is already a short time span to get this business sorted.

18 minutes ago, Mattio said:

They’re acting quickly and addressing the staff shortages, these guys being hired by SR means they’ll know their vision and buy into their plans… so on the face of it looks positive

Like Dusic says, we won’t know if these guys are going to be competent until mid season at least

38 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Well I would say it depends almost entirely on whether the CEO they hire to replace Semmens is competent, so hard to judge.

I don't think you could ever say they're avoiding making changes or slow at making decisions, they certainly don't faff around which I think we were prone to do under previous regimes.

But the proof is in the pudding - all of those decisions they've made so far have been terrible, so we have to hope it will balance it's self out now as we cannot afford anymore bad calls.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr Saints said:

All the muppets on twitter angry that Ankersen hasn’t gone. He’s the fucking founder of sport republic! He will only leave the day Sport Republic sell up ffs!

He might be the founder of SR, but I don’t believe he put any money into it. At the end of the day the person with the finance will have the final say….

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Morse said:

He is a director but he owns no shares, nor has any equity in the business. The Sport Republic is 100% owned by Sport Republic Holdings which in turn is 100% owned by Dragan Solak.  If Dragan Solak wants Rasmus Ankersen out, Rasmus Ankerson is out. 

This is not correct. Ankersen and Kraft are both minority shareholders in Sports Republic. 

• Like 1

Semmens was committed to the financial sustainability of SFC but failed to focus on the sustainability of playing football in the PL.

Many of us pointed this endlessly out a few years ago. He deserves to go for that alone.

Especially during the years of Hasenhüttl, Semmens and Steele there was a whiff of comfortable complacency emanating from the board room. 

Hopefully these b*ggers will have to work a bit harder for their living from now on.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mattio said:

I am not certain how these changes will affect the ability to attract the right type of players to the club

Getting rid of Semmens because he kept Ralph on too long seems a particularly poor positive because I feel it was mainly the lack of decent PL standard players led to our demise.

Non of us really know what is going on behind the scenes and why people are leaving. For all we know, the people leaving are complete wronguns and needed to be shown the door. 

It feels like people are (rightly) annoyed by everything that’s happened and are pinning everything one 1 or 2 people, but we have very little idea how the internals of the club are/were being run. 

For all we know, everything is so stale that SR found themselves wading through shit the moment they got the keys. 

There’s only so much due diligence you can do. 

Edited by Raging Bull
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Mattio said:

Ask again this time next year :)
All these posts on here about who is good at their role, who isnt, etc... lets face it, none of us have a clue what they are like behind the scenes. A combination of mistakes have been made, and led us to where we are, but it will certainly have been way more complex than being one persons fault!
Lets just hope that the new structure and staff, equates to better decisions and performances all round (and essentially on the pitch for us lot!) starting with the new manager choice and summer transfers (in and out).
But only time will tell, and structural changes in a business of this size (which is essentially judged by us on performances on the pitch) take time too. Not one of these organisational changes will have mass impact by August, so if we lose our first 5 games, it isnt the new structures fault, and likewise if we win the first 5!

Edited by St Louis
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

So the guy who is in charge of football strategy has only attended one of our matches since we played Chelsea away.

Unbelievable!!

He may not attend matches, don't forget all those reference points behind the scenes he sees that us plebs don't.

5 hours ago, once_bitterne said:

Dear God, that's the first time I've had the misfortune to seen that fraudster's website. It's worse than I could imagine. :scared:

I'm glad I haven't had my lunch yet, otherwise it would now be on the floor.

His gargantuan ego is only matched by his incompetence. Truly a legend in his own mind.

An empty vessel makes the loudest sound - Plato

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dark Munster said:

Dear God, that's the first time I've had the misfortune to seen that fraudster's website. It's worse than I could imagine. :scared:

I'm glad I haven't had my lunch yet, otherwise it would now be on the floor.

His gargantuan ego is only matched by his incompetence. Truly a legend in his own mind.

An empty vessel makes the loudest sound - Plato

It’s beautiful. All the spurious assumptions are absolutely true! 😂

2 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

It’s beautiful. All the spurious assumptions are absolutely true! 😂

It's better than LD Sports website at least. 

Feel like I know him better now having read that 

Screenshot_20230523-231744_Chrome.thumb.jpg.21d8e9b50f77b1e78e65e5c2020725e5.jpg

This man didn't even check wikipedia before writing this! The frog would a jump out of water increasing in temperature to regulate its temperature and in boiling water it would just die! What a fraud rehashing an old tale as if he is some insightful guru. No wonder we are in the shit.

Also doesn't seem very keen on canaries. So Norwich going down should have been seen as a warning for us to get out of the Premier League ASAP.

Edited by Mystic Force
  • Like 1

On 23/05/2023 at 09:29, Dusic said:

Bit too late now. Should have acted when it was clear that we were drifting on to the rocks of relegation .  I will miss the amount Sky coverage we got of our games in the Premier league , albeit will be a few  shown from the Championship.

Edited by Totton Saint

Saints confirm further senior appointments at Staplewood
https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/ne...irm-further-senior-appointments-at-staplewood

Southampton Football Club is pleased to confirm two further senior appointments at Staplewood Campus, with Mark Bitcon joining as Director of Performance and Darren Mowbray as Head of Recruitment.

Bitcon moves to Saints from England Rugby, where he has been Head of Athletic Performance and Innovation for the past two years, working across both the men’s and women’s programmes. He previously spent four years as Director of Performance Services at Manchester City’s academy and prior to that held similar roles at Wigan Warriors and across international sport.

He will oversee all performance areas including science, medicine, psychology and performance analysis at Southampton and across all Sport Republic teams.

Mowbray arrives from Aberdeen, having joined the Scottish Premier League side – who finished third in this season’s table – as Head of Recruitment in 2021. Prior to that, he held senior roles at Burnley, Middlesbrough and Leeds.

Bitcon and Mowbray will join the club later this summer, with Mowbray serving his notice at Aberdeen until 1st July. They will both work as part of the team under incoming Director of Football Jason Wilcox.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CSA96 said:

Southampton Football Club is pleased to confirm two further senior appointments at Staplewood Campus, with

. He previously spent four years as Director of Performance Services at Manchester City’s academy and prior to that held similar roles at Wigan Warriors and across international s
 They will both work as part of the team under incoming Director of Football Jason Wilcox.

The missing or obvious link ? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Don’t see the point in your Head of Recruitment serving his notice out.

I also don’t see the point of not having a Head of Recruitment in place for the opening of the window.

Maybe because he's a good guy and doesn't want to do the dirty on Aberdeen?

12 hours ago, Badger said:

The missing or obvious link ? 

Yea but the fact that he actually has a footballing background ignores the fact that his most recent job is in rugby and folks just want any excuse to say everything is shit

39 minutes ago, Christophenburg said:

Contrasting with the way Shields left, who was told to stay away from the club following Chelsea's approach and then leaving us with a January window led by Ankersen. Although, Chelsea's January wasn't much better, either. Shields has had a good two windows in senior football with us last summer and Chelsea in January.

Hopefully anyone Aberdeen can't afford gets sent our way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christophenburg said:

Yea but the fact that he actually has a footballing background ignores the fact that his most recent job is in rugby and folks just want any excuse to say everything is shit

Yep - spot on and well said on both points.

But in true Saintsweb style the hard-of-thinking still search desperately for the worst in every possible thing to do with Saints. Sigh.

• Like 1

On 30/05/2023 at 10:12, Christophenburg said:

He’s coming in as head of performance, after being head of athletic performance at various rugby teams, Id say if he is shaping the sports science departments then its not completely necessary to have a strong footballing background, its more important to be successful at building, as suggested, strong sports science departments 

• Like 2

On 29/05/2023 at 17:25, benjii said:

Mark Bitcoin - do me a favour. Obviously made up.

It’s true , Heinrich Blockchain and Jimmy Ponzi almost secured. They failed in their bid to secure Ingrid Multilevelmarketingscam, which is disappointing.