Saints 1-4 Leicester - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

If this doesn’t improve rapidly, and we concede 3 or 4, Russell Martin is under some significant pressure already. Nice bloke but out of his depth at the moment. That’s the third time he’s got the line up wrong after Norwich and Sunderland debacles where the midfield is far too open.

I think bring in a defensive coach if they want to keep him in the job. He’s starting to lose the fans already though going by what’s audible in the stands. 

• Like 1

Just now, sydney_saint said:

I have no idea if Perraud was ever interested in saying. But he is a much better player than Manning. We have definitely downgraded there.

I got vehemently attacked for saying this. People forgot that we were a league lower when judging Perrauds quality. He'd have been properly solid and had a great shot and cross on him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

If this doesn’t improve rapidly, and we concede 3 or 4, Russell Martin is under some significant pressure already. Nice bloke but out of his depth at the moment. That’s the third time he’s got the line up wrong after Norwich and Sunderland debacles where the midfield is far too open.

I think bring in a defensive coach if they want to keep him in the job. He’s starting to lose the fans already though going by what’s audible in the stands. 

Right now it feels like we took a mediocre manager from a mediocre team and brough a mediocre left back with him.

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

I got vehemently attacked for saying this. People forgot that we were a league lower when judging Perrauds quality. He'd have been properly solid and had a great shot and cross on him.

No idea why people attacked you. Perraud was reasonable in the EPL. Bottom end quality sure, but that's still better than alot in this division. Never understood why we never gave him a proper run of games either

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-4 Leicester - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic