Cuddles Posted June 8 Posted June 8 On 07/06/2026 at 12:07, Lord Duckhunter said: Fucking biased twats, gutter press. Had Middlesbrough signed a Bayern reserve keeper it would be all over the front pages….. I mean he's no George Long...
Lord Duckhunter Posted June 9 Posted June 9 17 hours ago, Lighthouse said: If someone inexperienced came in and made the mistakes Peretz did against Charlton, Preston, Ipswich and Doncaster, they aren't going to be as forgiving as Saints fans. You kept doing this with AR as well . Because you hung your hat on Baz & were constantly wrong about him, you tried to play down AR performances. You’re now doing it with this guy. Saying he’s “decent” for the championship, going on about his “mistakes”. The truth is both are 2 or 3 levels above Baz, and Peretz is actually a level above any keeper I’ve seen us play outside of the top flight. The upgrade from Baz to him, is probably the biggest jump in quality I’ve seen from a direct replacement in a Southampton shirt and I’m sure most supporters will agree. 27
Lighthouse Posted June 9 Posted June 9 17 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said: You kept doing this with AR as well . Because you hung your hat on Baz & were constantly wrong about him, you tried to play down AR performances. You’re now doing it with this guy. Saying he’s “decent” for the championship, going on about his “mistakes”. The truth is both are 2 or 3 levels above Baz, and Peretz is actually a level above any keeper I’ve seen us play outside of the top flight. The upgrade from Baz to him, is probably the biggest jump in quality I’ve seen from a direct replacement in a Southampton shirt and I’m sure most supporters will agree. Somebody commented that Bayern fans were unanimously happy to see the back of Peretz and thought it was strange. I don't think it is, for reasons I've already explained. If you think Bayern fans are all wrong, you're welcome to sign up to their forum and tell them that the goals he conceded against Mainz or Kaiserslauten or whoever, "would have been six with Bazunu in goal FFS!" then you crack on. So far, all we know about Peretz is that he's decent at this level. So were Vydra, Armstrong, Rasiak, Kelvin, Akinbeye, Holt, Bednarek, Fox, Hooiveld and countless other players I CBA listing. Hopefully we get to find out in 15 months or so that he can make the step up better than the other players I mentioned. 4
VectisSaint Posted June 9 Posted June 9 2 hours ago, Lighthouse said: So far, all we know about Peretz is that he's decent at this level. So were Vydra, Armstrong, Rasiak, Kelvin, Akinbeye, Holt, Bednarek, Fox, Hooiveld and countless other players I CBA listing. Hopefully we get to find out in 15 months or so that he can make the step up better than the other players I mentioned. He was decent against Man City, Arsenal and Fulham, who I believe are PL level. 17
Lee On Solent Saint Posted June 9 Posted June 9 5 hours ago, Lighthouse said: Somebody commented that Bayern fans were unanimously happy to see the back of Peretz and thought it was strange. I don't think it is, for reasons I've already explained. If you think Bayern fans are all wrong, you're welcome to sign up to their forum and tell them that the goals he conceded against Mainz or Kaiserslauten or whoever, "would have been six with Bazunu in goal FFS!" then you crack on. So far, all we know about Peretz is that he's decent at this level. So were Vydra, Armstrong, Rasiak, Kelvin, Akinbeye, Holt, Bednarek, Fox, Hooiveld and countless other players I CBA listing. Hopefully we get to find out in 15 months or so that he can make the step up better than the other players I mentioned. He saves way more shots than Baz ever did. That'll do for me. 8
Dark Munster Posted June 9 Posted June 9 10 hours ago, Lighthouse said: So far, all we know about Peretz is that he's decent at this level. So were Vydra, Armstrong, Rasiak, Kelvin, Akinbeye, Holt, Bednarek, Fox, Hooiveld and countless other players I CBA listing. Hopefully we get to find out in 15 months or so that he can make the step up better than the other players I mentioned. I other words a massive upgrade on Bazunu. 3 1
Miltonaggro Posted June 10 Posted June 10 21 hours ago, HKsaint said: Pingpong would like to have the last word. Pingpong and Tingtong no less!
Behind Enemy Lines Posted June 11 Posted June 11 Have Lighthouse and Pingpong ever been seen together? I think they are the same person 🤔 3
S-Clarke Posted June 11 Posted June 11 Good to see Bazunu improving - up to third bottom, possibly the first time he's been that high. 👍 6
Gloucester Saint Posted June 11 Posted June 11 10 hours ago, Behind Enemy Lines said: Have Lighthouse and Pingpong ever been seen together? I think they are the same person 🤔 Aka Mr and Mrs Bazunu. 2
St. Ciervo Posted June 12 Posted June 12 8 hours ago, Ex Lion Tamer said: Some meaningless stats I am sure Ankerson has Nardi and Griffiths on the wishlist...
Colinjb Posted September 24 Posted September 24 5 minutes ago, Master Bates said: Austria penalty, Peretz in goal, AND IT'SA GO IN 4
Graffito Posted Monday at 10:26 Posted Monday at 10:26 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cvgy802y2n9o
Saint_lambden Posted 21 hours ago Posted 21 hours ago (edited) George Long in goal for Pompey then…😉 Edited 21 hours ago by Saint_lambden
Harry_SFC Posted 21 hours ago Posted 21 hours ago Peretz done his groin. They're not going to play Long ahead of Ramsdale for the derby, surely!? 2
Lighthouse Posted 21 hours ago Posted 21 hours ago If Peretz is out, I expect we’d play Ramsdale even though he’s not normally on the bench, much like we did with McCarthy when Bazunu got injured in 2024. Or at least that’s what I hope would happen. 8
LGTL Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago If we don’t play Ramsdale now the entire fucking club should fold. 10 1
kitch Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago (edited) 11 minutes ago, Lighthouse said: If Peretz is out, I expect we’d play Ramsdale even though he’s not normally on the bench, much like we did with McCarthy when Bazunu got injured in 2024. Or at least that’s what I hope would happen. If they don't then there seriously needs to be some fucks thrown in their general direction. Edited 20 hours ago by kitch
Pilchards Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago 4 minutes ago, LGTL said: If we don’t play Ramsdale now the entire fucking club should fold. Might have a problem with having to pay a large sum of money to Arsenal if he plays one more game for us. Yes it’s pretty shit especially if Long fucks up against the skates and costs us a result.
Gloucester Saint Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago 3 minutes ago, Pilchards said: Might have a problem with having to pay a large sum of money to Arsenal if he plays one more game for us. Yes it’s pretty shit especially if Long fucks up against the skates and costs us a result. Dragan needs to suck it up then and pay Arsenal, fucked up on Spygate but a home defeat to them in the same division is SR Game Over. They will never be forgiven. 8 1
die Mannyschaft Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago 38 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said: Peretz done his groin. They're not going to play Long ahead of Ramsdale for the derby, surely!? No Ramsdale will be in. 2
Gloucester Saint Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago Just now, die Mannyschaft said: No Ramsdale will be in. Has to be. They haven’t replaced THB, bought plenty in, just pay the installment to Arsenal.
Patrick Bateman Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago 2 minutes ago, die Mannyschaft said: No Ramsdale will be in. HAS to be. No other option. 2
saintant Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago 3 minutes ago, die Mannyschaft said: No Ramsdale will be in. Be interesting to see what happens in the next match Peretz is fit if Ramsdale comes in and plays brilliantly.
Harry_SFC Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago Just now, saintant said: Be interesting to see what happens in the next match Peretz is fit if Ramsdale comes in and plays brilliantly. Peretz would be back in, I'm sure of it. However he hasn't quite hit the levels of last season. Both in terms of shot stopping and especially distribution. Maybe Ramsdale coming in and playing well could give him some extra motivation? 2
die Mannyschaft Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago 27 minutes ago, Pilchards said: Might have a problem with having to pay a large sum of money to Arsenal if he plays one more game for us. Yes it’s pretty shit especially if Long fucks up against the skates and costs us a result. Whats the cost of Ramsdale playing one more game? Haven't we already paid for him. I think if we dont play hime and he gets 3 games then difficult to sell him. Peretz out for while I think as groin strain takes ages to heal. I tore a groin ligament playing football and took 2 months to get back
LiberalCommunist Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago We need competition. Its good for the squad. Anyone who doesn't want competition will become a problem. Play him.
Pamplemousse Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago 48 minutes ago, Pilchards said: Might have a problem with having to pay a large sum of money to Arsenal if he plays one more game for us. Yes it’s pretty shit especially if Long fucks up against the skates and costs us a result. Worth it if we beat the Skates 3
Sheaf Saint Posted 19 hours ago Posted 19 hours ago 1 hour ago, Pamplemousse said: Worth it if we beat the Skates Every fucking penny! 3
Fabrice29 Posted 18 hours ago Posted 18 hours ago 1 hour ago, Pilchards said: Might have a problem with having to pay a large sum of money to Arsenal if he plays one more game for us. Yes it’s pretty shit especially if Long fucks up against the skates and costs us a result. He’s played 30 league games already in the PL for us. 31 feels like a weird trigger point. 2
egg Posted 18 hours ago Posted 18 hours ago 2 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said: He’s played 30 league games already in the PL for us. 31 feels like a weird trigger point. More than 30 seems perfectly sensible.
danjosaint Posted 18 hours ago Posted 18 hours ago 5 minutes ago, egg said: More than 30 seems perfectly sensible. That seems exactly what it is, I dont think they wanted to play him as they thought he'd be an easy sell, now he's still here a choice has to be made, if DP is out for say 6wks I think AR plays, if DP is a week then Long plays even if it is the skates the management dont have the same feelings as the fans for the fixture
Turkish Posted 18 hours ago Posted 18 hours ago Our keeper will have fuck all to do when we play them. We could play the honey monster in goal and we’d still win. They’re shit. we will bet them with George Long in goal plucking a few over hit long balls on the edge of the area 1
Dark Munster Posted 18 hours ago Posted 18 hours ago If Ramsdale comes in while Peretz is out.... Long: "You promised I'd be number two, why is Aaron playing instead of me?" Tonda: "Don't worry, you're still number two, Aaron is the new number one." 6
manji Posted 18 hours ago Posted 18 hours ago Aaron will love to play. He will be well aware of the importance of the fixture and will give 100%. 3
Pilchards Posted 18 hours ago Posted 18 hours ago 7 minutes ago, manji said: Aaron will love to play. He will be well aware of the importance of the fixture and will give 100%. I totally agree but I can’t see Long coming in and giving less than 100% himself. I think many of us are going to be very disappointed with this Skates game especially if we may have a new manager and no Rambo in the team. 🙏🙏🙏
Stripey McStripe Shirt Posted 17 hours ago Posted 17 hours ago 54 minutes ago, Pilchards said: I totally agree but I can’t see Long coming in and giving less than 100% himself. I think many of us are going to be very disappointed with this Skates game especially if we may have a new manager and no Rambo in the team. 🙏🙏🙏 I'd give 100% too, but doesn't mean I'd be any good. 2
Saint_clark Posted 17 hours ago Posted 17 hours ago 10 minutes ago, Stripey McStripe Shirt said: I'm not Bazunu. 11 minutes ago, Stripey McStripe Shirt said: I'd give 100% too, but doesn't mean I'd be any good. Could have fooled me...
Football Special Posted 15 hours ago Posted 15 hours ago 5 hours ago, Pilchards said: Might have a problem with having to pay a large sum of money to Arsenal if he plays one more game for us. Yes it’s pretty shit especially if Long fucks up against the skates and costs us a result. You are guessing on that We're still paying his transfer fee installments and wages anyway so he's still costing us Use him 4
St. Ciervo Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago Are you sure we couldn't shoehorn Jack into goal? 1
ant Posted 9 hours ago Posted 9 hours ago If we're that dead-set on flogging Ramsdale, giving him a few 'shop window' appearances surely wouldn't be a bad thing. Further payments due would be offset by any fee paid for him, and points gained could be invaluable come the end of the season. Sport Republic and logic, though... 2
23rdSaint Posted 9 hours ago Posted 9 hours ago 9 hours ago, Dark Munster said: If Ramsdale comes in while Peretz is out.... Long: "You promised I'd be number two, why is Aaron playing instead of me?" Tonda: "Don't worry, you're still number two, Aaron is the new number one." You say that as a joke (perhaps), but I think that is actually the situation. 3
Football Special Posted 9 hours ago Posted 9 hours ago 11 hours ago, Gloucester Saint said: Dragan needs to suck it up then and pay Arsenal, fucked up on Spygate but a home defeat to them in the same division is SR Game Over. They will never be forgiven. Dont take it as a given that one more game triggers "a large sum of money" to Arsenal just because Pilchards speculates that it might, very few people will know the specific contract details between the clubs, it might be a milestone but also quite possibly not. If his salary contains a lower basic rate with higher match appearance bonus then thats fine, worth paying additional when needed 1
skintsaint Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago 12 hours ago, Harry_SFC said: However he hasn't quite hit the levels of last season. Both in terms of shot stopping and especially distribution. Saganowski syndrome...play out yer skin to earn the move....
Lighthouse Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago The biggest problem in defence, this season and last is Wood, not the keeper. Peretz first league game last season was a 2-1 home defeat to Hull, where we were still playing the back five with Wood in the middle. Then we drop him and revert to a back four, with the added advantage of a proper target man in the team in Larin, and suddenly we’re defending properly and winning games. Then at the end of the season Wood comes back into the team, suddenly we’re shipping bags of crappy goals again, as in the 2-2 draws with Bristol and Ipswich. This season Wood is regularly in the team and we’ve not kept a clean sheet in eight games, nine if you count that West Ham sh*t show. Even the game he didn’t start, up at Lincoln, we brought him on in the 85th minute and conceded three minutes later. 3
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now