Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

@tancredipalmeri: Southampton bid for Osvaldo has been turned down by the player, according to Sky Italy

Isn't that old news? Could have sworn it was in the press that he rejected us a couple of weeks ago. Maybe we tried again.

101 Great Goals ‏@101greatgoals 29s

Norwich to sign Swedish international Martin Olsson from Blackburn for £2m [swedish reports] http://bit.ly/13JJPuN

Would have taken him over Fox for that little price as competition with Shaw. Norwich are doing some good business.

Looks like they could be getting Leroy Fer and Toby Alderweireld too, think they might have a good season.

Norwich to sign Swedish international Martin Olsson from Blackburn for £2m [swedish reports] http://bit.ly/13JJPuN

Would have taken him over Fox for that little price as competition with Shaw. Norwich are doing some good business.

Shame that is Marcus Olsson pictured (his crap twin) :D

Looks like they could be getting Leroy Fer and Toby Alderweireld too, think they might have a good season.

I like the way Norwich conduct their transfer affairs, often good signings even if not headline making splashes, done sensibly, minimum of fuss.

If they sign these two without a media circus first, then I'm envious.

I like the way Norwich conduct their transfer affairs, often good signings even if not headline making splashes, done sensibly, minimum of fuss.

Would you think they might be envious if we end up signing lovren, wanyama and Damiao with little media fuss?

Agree. For me they have the best transfer window so far in PL if you look at it from what the team needs and the expectations on the team.

Clever signings so far and if those two also come it´s bloody good work from them.

If they do Norwich will have had a good transfer window so far. All they need now is another striker - Hooper probably - and they will have had a great summer.

Swansea look to be having the same.

So far I'm a little bit disappointed with Saints this summer - same crap sponsor, bad expensive home kit, and a lack of signings.

Can't say that the possible signing of Wanyama is exactly wowing me either. Banega would do i think though - and Naingollan probably too.

Signing Damiao would probably mean I'd need to go for a lie down in a darkened room.

I'd put a £12 million bid in for Rodwell at Man City over Wanyama.

Mind you none of them seem to want to come here!

Would you think they might be envious if we end up signing lovren, wanyama and Damiao with little media fuss?

IF we spend the suggested £30-40m on those three, then I suspect Norwich will look at their signings at say, two-thirds of what we shell out, with a smug satisfaction.

IF we spend the suggested £30-40m on those three, then I suspect Norwich will look at their signings at say, two-thirds of what we shell out, with a smug satisfaction.

I bet palace will look at Norwich with the same smug look

http://www.football-italia.net/36260/roma-wiretap-row

Apparently Roma have threatened to sue a Radio station that played a private phone call between their general manager and director of football where it was revealed Osvaldo was only invited to pre-season training in the hope the other team mates would give him a load of abuse in the hope it would drive him to change his mind on joining Southampton.

Apparently Roma have threatened to sue a Radio station that played a private phone call between their general manager and director of football where it was revealed Osvaldo was only invited to pre-season training in the hope the other team mates would give him a load of abuse in the hope it would drive him to change his mind on joining Southampton.

Quality

Classic Italians! He really must not want to come to us.

Agree. For me they have the best transfer window so far in PL if you look at it from what the team needs and the expectations on the team.

Clever signings so far and if those two also come it´s bloody good work from them.

My missus was happy with the Redmond transfer, especially after I'd been bleating about his performance in the U21 game vs Italy. For me their transfers have been OK, but as long as Hughton is their manager, they'll never be more than a mid-table team, scraping away playing unattractiive football and largely relying on set pieces for goals. Getting rid of Holt was a wise move, but I don't rate Hughton that highly. Watching Norwich on occasion last season was painful.

My missus was happy with the Redmond transfer, especially after I'd been bleating about his performance in the U21 game vs Italy. For me their transfers have been OK, but as long as Hughton is their manager, they'll never be more than a mid-table team, scraping away playing unattractiive football and largely relying on set pieces for goals. Getting rid of Holt was a wise move, but I don't rate Hughton that highly. Watching Norwich on occasion last season was painful.

Agree and as I said I rate it from what expectations you have on them. Without some of these signings I would think they would be in danger of relegation but now with these signings I can see them easily safe in 10th-14th spot...

I said it back in May when he was first linked but I'm not really keen on Sinclair. The reasons being for the wages he'd command from Man City and whether or not he would definitely improve us. I don't think he would (maybe I don't rate him as much as others do). But with Puncheon, Lallana, and Jay-Rod already competing for the two available 'outside right / left' positions in a 4-2-3-1 I think if we were to bring anyone in who play there they'd have to be better and I am not sure Sinclair is.

Another reason is that I genuinely think we've got some great players coming through in those positions as well so even if this season is too soon for them I think in time they can contribute so I don't think it would be worth signing Sinclair on that basis.

What´s the status on Sinclair after his surgery, anyone know?

I thought he was off training until august and if so it would take hime about 3 more months to be match fit and then we´re in November until you can use a new signing...

What´s the status on Sinclair after his surgery, anyone know?

I thought he was off training until august and if so it would take hime about 3 more months to be match fit and then we´re in November until you can use a new signing...

That's fine, we'll just sign him for the season after next, its the southampton way.

No thanks, don't want the circus that comes with his self obsessed girlfriend.. Plus he's gash..

I would take him on his football ability. Also he isn't with Helen Flanagan anymore, apparently he was caught being a naughty boy ( if you believe what the Internet and papers say)

All these teams signing quality players left right and centre and we've only signed 1 guy so far!

Meant to be ambitious...and no one wants to join us...our transfer policy is tremendously frustrating to say the least.

Care to name all those teams, and all the players they've signed? (left, right and centre?)