Clattenburg under investigation after Southampton accuse him of abusing Adam Lallana

Saint-Armstrong

I thought they started to record referees conversations during games after his last problem with the Chelsea game. Can imagine this should be cleared up pretty quickly! Surely if whatever Adam said to The ref was that bad he could have simply booked him again?!

I'm delighted to hear that the Club has made an official complaint against him. With luck, his decisions in that game has already been reviewed by his contemporaries who assess refereeing performances and he will be demoted to the level he deserves. I look forward to the Skates complaining about him, that is if he dares rile the most passionate fans in the football World. The atmosphere in Krap Nottarf will certainly be an influence on him.

All the years I have supported saints and that spans 5 decades I have believed that certain refs deliberately favour certain teams . In recent years I have been more and more convinced . The fergusons , wingers et al always seem to get listened to but rarely clubs like saints are listened to. Hopefully the powers to be will start to listened .

Is there a degree of corruption within the refereeing hierarchy . I don't know . I hope not but when you see the bigger clubs getting more favourable decisions that clubs like us then as fans you start to consider that this may well be present .

If we had continental referees appointed would this stop the antics of certain premiership referees from giving the wrong decisions . What we need is the likes of Clive Thomas .

Referees are part of the game they should not see themselves as being bigger than the game which some clearly do .

Does Cortese work for the mail, for the impartial view I read the program.

Barry you really are a ****ing bore in the way you present every opinion so anti saints, however hidden in your troll fishing I think you have noticed and do make an interesting point regarding our relationship with daily mail, I've always wondered if some sort of deal was struck back when the mail 'conveniently' broke the story about Cortese considering leaving at end of last season. They seem to have really been interested in us since and get pretty good exclusives from the inside team at Sfc. (anyone thought similar?) However if Cortese did strike some deal then I consider it fair play and a stroke of genius to get the club heard in a sea of media bias but that's because I'd rather believe he has the club at heart. Of course if I'd said he was a **** I'd probably get a higher amount of replys to my thread post... Barry I really want to believe that your an intelligent bloke with good insights and the capability for interesting discussion but mostly you seem to hide behind the guise of a silly sad *****. We all know this is a mongboard and i admit i know less about the grand game than most on here, but we have to draw a line of self dignity somewhere. Just a little word with yourself is all I ask.

Look at me, look at me, I start all the threads.

Look at me, look at me, I start all the threads.

Really? You have got to be kidding me... Go on then give us something to talk about because I sure as hell didn't know about this story till i read this thread. Also why are you so bitter about a nobody (no offense meant armstrong) in your life writing some saints related news? I don't know about anyone else but I personally get irritated by people like Sanchez clogging up this board with their self indulgent cry for help and the ensuing arguments for personal satisfaction but this is a genuinely interesting development that i might not have heard otherwise. I have no problem with an argument based on opinion but if your obviously doing it for ****s or gonna get bitter like someones having it off with your missus (yes this is you 'Crazy Diamond') then as i said before you really need to step away... this is of course imho.

Regarding the article, after the decision my guess is Clattenburg must have said something like 'shut the **** up pretty boy, your too nice to start making things like that up'. Something like this is what would have been enough to **** someone of Adams experience off, and then cause Poch's unusual comments after the game about handsome etc. With the intention that they were directed at the ref. Then Cortese heard about it and decided that he didn't want to put a decapitated horses head through the trauma of a night with Clattenburg and opted for the official route instead.

Article says Saints Captain but for the Everton game Kelvin Davies was Captain.

Which is what I said on the Captaincy thread the other day, Adam didn't have the armband on which is why he got booked for giving Battenburg a bit of chirp as he has gotten so use to the Armband being on and the level of protection it offers in being able to talk to the referee as Captain.

Adam rightly goes off on one but Clattenburg just sees him as a general foot soldier so books him for possibly being over confident in his argument. If you watched John Terry on Wednesday he was part of nearly every conversation the ref had with a Chelsea player, Adam has done the same this season. Kelvin maybe the Club Captain but in these days of refs being "sponsored by Clinton's" you really do need an outfield player to challenge and talk to the ref as Captain in this case Kelvin couldn't do that from the other end of the ground.

And that is what will be used to sweep this under the carpet with.

Edited by John Boy Saint

According to a Jordan Sibley tweet after the Everton match Clattenburg allegedly said that he saw the handball but didn't deem it intentional. If that is so he should be demoted down the leagues until he learns the basics - he's not up to PL standard regardless of what he did or didn't say to Adam.

On the basis of many more games than just the one mentioned he should not be allowed to ref us for a number of seasons...incompetent - certainly - agenda against us - let's not take the chance eh?!

Proper egomaniac, I believe he was the ref that they referred to on talksport the other day who apparently has an agent. really irritates me the way he tries to be mates with all the top players. Not sure if if it irritates me more that it irritates me and it has no impact whatsoever on my life.

Are we deffo sure the abuse was verbal + not physical or sexual in nature?

he recently got divorced so he may be exploring other 'avenues' and AL was his first target.

I'll give you a penalty if you meet me later in the showers.

Interesting that he hasn't officiated at goodison since 2007 when he denied them a pen, sent off hibbert only after consulting Gerrard (originally went to book him) and failed to send off kuyt for that waist height lunge.

Typical that we would be the opponents on his return. My point is, was he ever going to have the balls to give a decision against them? Was he biased in order to make up for last time?

Interesting that he hasn't officiated at goodison since 2007 when he denied them a pen, sent off hibbert only after consulting Gerrard (originally went to book him) and failed to send off kuyt for that waist height lunge.

Typical that we would be the opponents on his return. My point is, was he ever going to have the balls to give a decision against them? Was he biased in order to make up for last time?

Probably, the second a ref is deemed not fit to ref a particular team (unless from the area), shouldn't be allowed to ref at all IMO

Footballers can be a bit precious at times. 'Oh the ref said a nasty word to me', after you've just called him every swear word under the sun. Not saying Adam did but it happens in most cases. What worries me more is Clattenburg admits to either not knowing the rules, or just plain cheating by not giving the penalty. But the PL won't do anything, its an old boys club and they are all above reproach.

Well fancy that!!

Hardly surprising when you have Refs like Peter Walton being allowed to continue refereeing as long as they did what hope is there, just remember the penalty he gave to us v Brighton when Jose was fouled just by the Bargate: 2-3 weeks later he was in charge of a Premiership game! Just sums up what most of us have felt for years................... And Mike Riley at the top of the pile, not a chance of getting anything.