SAINTS vs Spurs Build Up Thread

nta786

I just wanna forget todays game and move onto the next one- potentially decides our season this game!

It's the return of Pochettino... The amount of abuse he'll get is all deserved anyway.

I would drop Pelle, he just doesn't cut it for me, and no Alderweireld (most likely, looked bad to me) or Wanyama ffs

Davis

Clyne Fonte Yoshida Bertrand

Schneiderlin Davis

Tadic Mane Elia

Long

I would put Reed on instead of Davis too tbh but I know Koeman wouldn't do that- so meh.

I want to see us use that pace and hit them on the counter and have a go at shooting, rather than trying to pass it into the net ffs.

Prediction: 1-1 (as much as I'd love to give us a win....) (Kane and Mane to score)

Bench: Gazzaniga, Targett, Gardos, Reed, JWP, Pelle, (Djuricic or Seager)

Game is live on BT Sport- 12:45pm...

Edited by nta786

Davis

Clyne

Fonte

Toby/Yosh

Bertand

Morgan

Reed

JWP

Davis

Mane

Long

I have been a fan of Mane and Long up front (instead of pelle)...I think this game would work. Spurs are bound to play with a very high line and a static pelle will be no good really

Edited by Batman

Them and Wigan are the only PL sides we haven't beaten since our return (Wigan in 2012-2013 only of course)

we broke quite a few 'bogey' teams this season too right:

stoke, sunderland, west ham, manchester united, arsenal...

Wow huge game next week.

Spurs look the stronger between us......more appetite,more bite,far more clinical......

We look lacklustre,scared,pensive indecisive,toothless.

Koeman has done ok......Pochettino did very well for us whatever you think of him....

We Limp On.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow huge game next week.

Spurs look the stronger between us......more appetite,more bite,far more clinical......

Koeman has done ok......Pochettino did very well for us whatever you think of him....

We Limp On.

Blimey

Wow huge game next week.

We Limp On.

Koeman has done a bit more than just OK hasn't he.

At the start of the season there were four games every Saints fan wanted to win above all others.

Liverpool home and away and Spurs home and away.

So far we've failed in the three games we've played against the above. We must be due one win in four.

It's my straw and I'm clutching it.

What a huge game this is. Probably the team I want us to beat the most this season with Pochettino there and most Spurs fans generally being t*ssers (Le Tissier aside).

Us fans have a huge part to play and possibly Pochettino will be a cataylst for a decent atmosphere.

Would put Reed in ahead of Davis for this one and get him to try and nullify Eriksen. A draw wouldn't be too detrimental with them playing City the following game but really it's a must win.

I don't see Spurs as being much different in ability to us other than them having Kane upfront. My have they been lucky that he has come out of nowhere to the level he is currently playing at. They'd be competing with Stoke without him.

I'm getting a terrible sinking feeling and have doubt, for the first time in a long time. I blame today's results and us throwing away a 0-1 lead.

Just throught of ending with nothing, in our best premier league finish ever, will hurt.... A lot.

Their front line is potent, ours is powder puff. Its another big game but I just don't think that we have either the ability or mentality to cope. Can see them turning us over 1 - 3. Don't think the end of season can come quick enough for us now, time to regroup.

I'm getting a terrible sinking feeling and have doubt, for the first time in a long time. I blame today's results and us throwing away a 0-1 lead.

Just throught of ending with nothing, in our best premier league finish ever, will hurt.... A lot.

Don't fret, best so far, next year will be even better. :)

0-2 Spurs I'm afraid. Poch will know exactly how to turn us over and he has the squad quality to be able to do it. Our season ended with the Stoke game in terms of player mentality. Europa is not really what the club needs this season...too early and it's likely to damage next season unless the squad is enhanced significantly in quality.

0-2 Spurs I'm afraid. Poch will know exactly how to turn us over and he has the squad quality to be able to do it. Our season ended with the Stoke game in terms of player mentality. Europa is not really what the club needs this season...too early and it's likely to damage next season unless the squad is enhanced significantly in quality.

What do we need this season then? a top 10 finish with nothing to show for it, allowing us to focus on our campaign to avoid Europe next year?

Sounds a right blast. But count me out.

I would play Reed in CDM (assuming Toby out) and have him keep close eye on Eriksen. Keep the same system played at Stoke because we created more than usual, so Mane playing off Pelle or Long. I personally would go for Long because Spurs defence is awful and very static so utilise his and mane's pace to get in behind. Steven Davis either needs to be dropped or a kick up the arse. He has been pig awful of late (bar 2nd half Burnley). Be good if Djuricic is fit again to give us another option. Elia is a waste of space.

What do we need this season then? a top 10 finish with nothing to show for it, allowing us to focus on our campaign to avoid Europe next year?

Sounds a right blast. But count me out.

I know - I agree with you, we should be pleased if we secure some form of European adventure.

However the fact of the matter is that this phase of the club's re-birth is tenuous. I don't want a quick flutter in Europe to ruin what we have now - we play great football and we're leading the way in player development - we're on the verge of real greatness and I don't want to spunk that away on one season in the lower echelons of the Europa league. History is unfortunately littered with teams that do that and fall to pieces putting their Prem status in peril because of it. Hopefully the club will allow RK to spend money wisely to re-build the team early this summer to prepare for what could be a difficult 2015-16 season.

I think it is really important that, as fans, we support the team and cheer them on rather than creating a hostile and negative atmosphere towards Poch.

We've done this so many times against Reknapp or liverpool this season and it ALWAYS back fires.

By all means be rauscous in support of the team, but make sure its the support for the team that you offer.... and save any jeering for the end once we've got all 3 points please.

Putting our own attacking issues aside, I'm not convinced about Spurs - they have been carried by one man.

If you want to talk about pressure, if they lose to us and Man City their season is absolutely fecked!

(like it isn't already! - Sherwood could have done what Poch has)

Wow huge game next week.

We Limp On.

This time last year Poch was not doing so well for us. We limped down to eighth place. So c'mon Koeman, you can do better! We'll trash these north Londonerners.

2-1 Saints (and Pochettino gets sent to the stands)

This time last year Poch was not doing so well for us. We limped down to eighth place. So c'mon Koeman, you can do better! We'll trash these north Londonerners.

2-1 Saints (and Pochettino gets sent to the stands)

we won 2 and drew 2 of our last 4 games.....last season

There's nothing you can say that'll stop it I'm afraid. Most fans aren't on here, and seem to prefer that sort of thing over actual support. By far the best reaction to Poch would be ignoring him and supporting Koeman. By far the best reaction to Lallana and Lovren would have been ignoring them and just cheering Lambert. But we didn't.

Completely disagree about Lallana. He hid the entire game and was totally anonymous. Lovren was all over the place as well, but that's probably due to him just being crap rather than the reaction to him. Some players thrive on getting stick, and some are so precious it gets to them. Lallana is certainly in the latter category and should be given dogs abuse every time he plays against us, not just because he's a ****, but because it affects his game

Completely disagree about Lallana. He hid the entire game and was totally anonymous. Lovren was all over the place as well, but that's probably due to him just being crap rather than the reaction to him. Some players thrive on getting stick, and some are so precious it gets to them. Lallana is certainly in the latter category and should be given dogs abuse every time he plays against us, not just because he's a ****, but because it affects his game
True, but I still hope Saturday doesn't have too much Pochettino related rubbish all game. Don't like the bloke, but the game shouldn't be about him.

True, but I still hope Saturday doesn't have too much Pochettino related rubbish all game. Don't like the bloke, but the game shouldn't be about him.

Dead right, let's beat them fair and square, as for Poch I have to admit he did a great job for us and we played good stuff and he brought on young ones, I dislike the way he left and what followed but we have a lot to be thankful for. I would like a statement from the Club saying that whoever leaves this summer, we will not be doing business with Tottenmham Hotspur